Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Former players and loans thread

Default Re: Former players and loans thread

Ralston should have been playing but I've seen the odd comment online people saying he's not as good as being made out etc. I always thought he looked quite good for his age. Except in Champs League which was understandable.

Unrelated:

you know how you always hear about Celtic signing a youth player who is beyond his ability for his age or whatever, like Feruz and now Dembele. I remembered this article http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/1...letico_Madrid/

Boy went on holiday got spotted by Atletico Madrid but we signed him, turns out he was like 6ft 2 when he was 12 years old lol
    I was sitting thinking, I wonder what happened to that guy. He's 17 years old now and he left us last year to join Leeds Utd under 18s.

Other one was Mark Hill we signed from Hamilton who I think Man Utd wanted. He was training with Hamilton first team when he was 13 years old and playing for their reserves at that age. He is still with us and out on loan at St. Mirren.

The bizarre thing is these young flames usually burn fast and never seem to reach their potential. Some do but the majority seem to just disappear.

Makes you question pro youth, casting a net far too soon, bringing in 8 year olds and giving them superior coaching to other kids. Who is to say that with the same coaching other basic weekend league kids wouldn't develop faster, take advice better etc.

The top quality coaching needs to be spread to communities and help local leagues rather than just a tiny number of pre selected kids at a young age. I know others get picked up later as well etc.

Was actually interesting hearing the Tony Watt interview with Ferry and him mention he just came from local football and the training side was quite alien to him etc, kinda having to go through certain learning phases a bit later than others and struggling to adapt. If local leagues got helped better and coaching to a wider audience then we could probably monitor a much wider range of player and develop players who otherwise would have slipped under the radar and development stalled.
    Has anyone seen my facts??

Lofty said Jameeys maw loves dick but Loftys maw choked on her sick.

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    Ralston should have been playing but I've seen the odd comment online people saying he's not as good as being made out etc. I always thought he looked quite good for his age. Except in Champs League which was understandable.
    He looked decent but people made out as if he was another KT.
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

Mind that Benyu lad we loaned out to Oldham in Jan? He got a couple of 20 min appearances back then and hasn't even made it on the pitch for nearly 3 months

Shame for the wee lad, I thought he looked half decent in the friendly against Lyon (?) last year and pretty sure Rodgers was singing his praises too - saying his original plan was to pap him out on loan only to keep him about for a bit after that performance.

Honestly though, I don't think we need him. We've plenty of cover in midfield and players who are much better than him.

[QUOTE=Stagger Lee;489062] pretty sure Rodgers was singing his praises too - saying his original plan was to pap him out on loan only to keep him about for a bit after that performance. QUOTE]
    He did, then never played him and loaned him out anyway.

And how are we loaning players to diddy clubs and not insisting they play? Considering that's the nonsense half our fans claim to be the case with Edouard, Roberts, Musonda etc

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    Mind that Benyu lad we loaned out to Oldham in Jan? He got a couple of 20 min appearances back then and hasn't even made it on the pitch for nearly 3 months
    That was a really strange signing from us tbh. That lad was playing national league (step 5) football in England when we got him. He was contracted to Ipswich but never got near their team. No idea how he ended up on Rodgers' radar tbh.

Also I see Stokes is now playing in the Greek top league for a team that are near the bottom.

Former Celtic striker Lassad Nouioui is in intensive care after suffering a cardiac arrest during training with Spanish side Toledo, according to reports in Spain.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...st-in-training

too much of this nowadays, lucky he survived.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    too much of this nowadays, lucky he survived.
    I think these are the lucky ones. Regular people just die but athletes often have regular check ups and physicians on hand

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    I think these are the lucky ones. Regular people just die but athletes often have regular check ups and physicians on hand
    They do get good treatment but it seems to get discovered after they get symptoms. Should be some form of tests on people to test for underlying heart issues genetic or otherwise before it happens.

It is improving though, lucky he got most of a career out it.