Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Former players and loans thread

Default Former players and loans thread

I always like to check up on how popular or even obscure former Celts are getting on, so thought I would make a thread to document some of the pointless shit i see.

Bari career ended early as he got his first start and they got raped 4-0 off Empoli and he got subbed off. Probably never to be seen again :p

Samaras has scored and assisted goals in recent weeks for Samsunspor.

Tony Watts been struggling to find the net in the belgian 2nd division. Charlie Mulgrew is the highest scoring defender in the championship with Blackburn, where he plays alongside Paul Caddis.

Saidy Janko has had 20 games for St. Etienne this season, always thought France would suit him well.
    Has anyone seen my facts??

Lofty said Jameeys maw loves dick but Loftys maw choked on her sick.

Default Re: Former players and loans thread

Mulgrew is doing really well down there this season. I think he's Blackburns top scorer as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pual View Post
    Mulgrew is doing really well down there this season. I think he's Blackburns top scorer as well.
    Aye and he's had plenty of assists as well. His set pieces were deadly from shots and crosses at times so even if he is playing quite average he's always a threat.

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    Aye and he's had plenty of assists as well. His set pieces were deadly from shots and crosses at times so even if he is playing quite average he's always a threat.
    Just goes to show how poor the league is really
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    Aye it's a shite league. Really competitive. Also likely to produce a few decent players as it's a good level to develop younger players at and their is 24 teams in the league.

So a huge net of players to get games and experience.

Funny when cunts say we couldn't handle it in the championship though even though some of our weakest players go there and get games.

I do this too. Found this one earlier tonight actually: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabiu_Ibrahim

Cunt somehow has got five caps for Nigeria and seems to hae at least had a club every year and eked a wage out the sport.

I cringe everytime I think about that reprobate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    I do this too. Found this one earlier tonight actually: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabiu_Ibrahim

Cunt somehow has got five caps for Nigeria and seems to hae at least had a club every year and eked a wage out the sport.
    He was one of those ones who came in and people were all excited, like we might get his potential out of him because he was at PSV. Out of all the players PSV have had we took him lol

after a trial as well!

Remember the days we used to ask Rivaldo if he wanted a trial? hahaha back when we weren't mugs in the transfer market.

Suppose it shows how the signing policy is fucked up, looks good when you talk about Van Dijk or Wanyama. However the list of success stories is small compared to the sheer amount of shite that's came and went almost unnoticed at times.

Remember that cunt who could play all positions? defender, midfielder and striker? turns out he couldn't play any as he was totally shite lol. Adam Virgo

We paid half decent money for Virgo as well. These days he's a co commentator on non league football on BT. Around his level tbh.

Wasn’t Daryl Murphy the top scorer in that league a few years back a year after being our 4th choice striker?

Quote Originally Posted by jquinn View Post
    Wasn’t Daryl Murphy the top scorer in that league a few years back a year after being our 4th choice striker?
    Murphy did it in the championship, which is the league above Mulgrew.

Suppose it shows how the signing policy is fucked up, looks good when you talk about Van Dijk or Wanyama. However the list of success stories is small compared to the sheer amount of shite that's came and went almost unnoticed at times.
    You're not even making a point here really. Of course the success percentage is small; if every young project player we signed became a superstar we'd be one of the elite clubs in the history of football.

It's like only betting on green in roulette then being surprised it doesn't win too often. The idea is when it does win the returns are high.

You're not even making a point here really. Of course the success percentage is small; if every young project player we signed became a superstar we'd be one of the elite clubs in the history of football.

It's like only betting on green in roulette then being surprised it doesn't win too often. The idea is when it does win the returns are high.
    He is right, though. We have been served up some amount of muck in the decade past with this policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    He is right, though. We have been served up some amount of muck in the decade past with this policy.
    Well yeah of course we have. Even teams with unlimited budgets go through a lot of shite before they find stars.

There's been an incredible amount of shite served in the last while. Since 2010 we've made 87 signings and of which I would say 27 of them have been successful - a 32% success rate. Players I deem successful below but all the shite is too long to list.

Ki
    Robbie Keane
    Mulgrew
    Ledley
    Hooper
    Izzy
    Forster
    Stokes
    Commons
    Matthews
    Wanyama
    Lustig
    Rogic
    VVD
    Bitton
    Johansen
    Griffiths
    Gordon
    Boyata
    Simunovic
    Sviatchenko
    Roberts
    Ajer
    Dembele
    Sinclair
    Eboue
    Ntcham

Edit: Signings taken from link below

http://www.thecelticwiki.com/page/Tr...s+-+Players+In
    Last edited by Stagger Lee; 30-01-2018 at 03:22 PM.

I am making a point though, if we can have the success we have had working at less than half of the budget we can afford to then imagine the success we could have if we worked closer to our real potential.

I am making a point though, if we can have the success we have had working at less than half of the budget we can afford to then imagine the success we could have if we worked closer to our real potential.
    It doesn't really work like that though. It's not like 'double the budget double the success'. The higher price of player we look at the more competition we face from other clubs, for one.

It doesn't really work like that though. It's not like 'double the budget double the success'. The higher price of player we look at the more competition we face from other clubs, for one.
    It does though, we have spent to our potential once in recent times and it was clearly our most solid Celtic side. It's not about the transfer fee either, it's the wages. We kept the O'Neill side together as we paid them well.

If we paid better our players would maybe stay an extra year or two, allowing us to build stronger sides.

Stokes has been released from Hibs I hear. Must have upset Lenny again cos the lad clearly has ability at this level.

Stokes has been released from Hibs I hear. Must have upset Lenny again cos the lad clearly has ability at this level.
    Supposedly Lennon was sick of his off field behaviour.