Thread: The SFA

Default The SFA

Has there ever been a more incompetent bunch of leaders of a national football association? Stewart Regan is an absolute fud, who couldn't run a minoge and is seriously out of his depth. He fucked the new manager thing after putting all his eggs in the one basket with O'Neill and now he's gone ahead and arranged utterly meaningless friendlies with Peru and some other South American team a couple of weeks before Celtic's CL qualifiers kick off. Unsurprisingly Rodgers and Lawwell are raging about it as it will jeopardise our chances of qualification given that over half the team are Celtic players!

Celtic need to refuse the call ups and tell our players to stay at home and Regan needs to walk.

Default Re: The SFA

it's the cup draws they keep fucking up that gets me, how hard is it to organise a draw for fucks sake

We have a governing body who's main objective is to pander to one club. There is not a single person alive with an IQ of above 2 who can deny this now given the last few years. Between them and the SPFL they have done all they can to accomodate them and their corridors are full of fans of that club.

They need wiped from start to finish and imo if the other clubs had the balls, they would lobby Uefa to take over the SFA for a while until it is cleansed. The 5 way agreement should be made public and any underhand agreements wiped out. They refuse to investigate certain things and just ignore other wrongdoings. Like eg, the fact that they were given a license on the understanding that Whyte was not involved. Now we know he was, why have they not acted?

As for the national team, they should just bin it tbh. Play competitive games if they have to and get out of Hampden to save a fortune in rent etc.

Don't see the problem if the Scotland games are two weeks before the CLQ, plenty of time to recover from flying across the Atlantic, otherwise don't release them and take the subsequent fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley View Post
    Don't see the problem if the Scotland games are two weeks before the CLQ, plenty of time to recover from flying across the Atlantic, otherwise don't release them and take the subsequent fine.
    Probably the most annoying thing about international football, other than it being shite, is that the FA can stop a player playing for his club if he pulls out of an international so it won't just be a fine.

Quote Originally Posted by pual View Post
    Probably the most annoying thing about international football, other than it being shite, is that the FA can stop a player playing for his club if he pulls out of an international so it won't just be a fine.
    I'm sure they can all have a little knock or twinge, that would keep them from joining up.

it would mean our players getting no time off at all in the summer, well maybe a day out to saltcoats

How can you not see the issue? Our players won't be training with the rest of the Celtic squad to prepare for the qualifiers, they'll need to travel to South America and back - with all the jet lag issues that entails - and, really when it boils down to it, it's a ridiculously stupid time for the SFA to arrange such meaningless friendlies.

Really? Can they actually do that?

Not to mention the fact that the cunts running the SFA are English anyway. Regan had never been involved in football his whole life till he got the role. Like you are a chief exec at Poundland could qualify you for a head FA role.
    Has anyone seen my facts??

Lofty said Jameeys maw loves dick but Loftys maw choked on her sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
    How can you not see the issue? Our players won't be training with the rest of the Celtic squad to prepare for the qualifiers, they'll need to travel to South America and back - with all the jet lag issues that entails - and, really when it boils down to it, it's a ridiculously stupid time for the SFA to arrange such meaningless friendlies.

Really? Can they actually do that?
    Yeah they can. I think they can stop a player from playing for the next 6 days if a national team are not convinced that his withdrawal is genuine.

Yeah they can. I think they can stop a player from playing for the next 6 days if a national team are not convinced that his withdrawal is genuine.
    I honestly find that absolutely mental. How can they hold so much power over a club/player when they don't pay any of the players' wages?

So what if the player just point blank refuses to play for them, surely they can't penalise the club for that?

I never knew they could do that either. That's terrible.

But like someone else posted. Just fake an injury. That should deal with that.
    The thumb - proving Lofty and lolercoaster wrong since 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
    I honestly find that absolutely mental. How can they hold so much power over a club/player when they don't pay any of the players' wages?

So what if the player just point blank refuses to play for them, surely they can't penalise the club for that?
    Thats one of the main reasons that I want international football scrapped. I'm honestly amazed that the money men in club football don't go for it and get it stopped.

Here is an article that touches on it. Not fully explained but states that FIFA have the last word.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...oCBLOnvDXIXOyk

Quote Originally Posted by dan123y View Post
    I never knew they could do that either. That's terrible.

But like someone else posted. Just fake an injury. That should deal with that.
    Ryan Giggs was famous for that and the Welsh FA are within their rights to have stopped him playing for Manchester for up to, I think it is, 6 days after the international game was played. I'm sure that Claude Makalele got caught up in this and about 10 years ago the huns started pulling players out.

Also, if a player retires from international football, the FA can still stop them playing for their club if the national manager calls them up and they don't go.

Ryan Giggs was famous for that and the Welsh FA are within their rights to have stopped him playing for Manchester for up to, I think it is, 6 days after the international game was played. I'm sure that Claude Makalele got caught up in this and about 10 years ago the huns started pulling players out.

Also, if a player retires from international football, the FA can still stop them playing for their club if the national manager calls them up and they don't go.
    That's shocking man.

International football ruins everything! lol.

How can they prove if you have faked an injury?

Quote Originally Posted by dan123y View Post
    That's shocking man.

International football ruins everything! lol.

How can they prove if you have faked an injury?
    If a club tells the national team that the player is injured, the national team are allowed to bring him to their set up and have their own medical team look at him.

If a club tells the national team that the player is injured, the national team are allowed to bring him to their set up and have their own medical team look at him.
    But there are certain types of injuries that are undetectable. For example, back injuries that cant be diagnosed. So technically, you could just say something like that.

Besides that. If a player does not want to play, it should be his choice.

Exactly why i give no fuck about Scotland. Dirty hun bastards it's run by and always has been. No wonder McGeady picked Ireland.

Regan resigned today

Quote Originally Posted by jake10 View Post
    Regan resigned today
    Virtually certain he'll be replaced by an old school hun who's job will be to cover up any evidence of the wrongdoings regarding the licence issues and the fact they are trading while insolvent eg.

Or, they will use the new one as an excuse that when the res12 guys win that it was the old president etc and they can't be held accountable anymore.