Default Re: Jan window

Quote Originally Posted by Keano_7 View Post
    our rock at the back.
    Okay then.
    The thumb - proving Lofty and lolercoaster wrong since 2014

Quote Originally Posted by dan123y View Post
    Okay then.
    Who else can we rely on week in week out?

Who else can we rely on week in week out?
    Like I stated above. We dont have the depth. Simo is of better quality than Boyata. Please keep on point and do not change the course of the conversation.

You asked who is better and I stated that I feel Simo is better.

Boyata is going to have moments for the rest of his career wherever he ends up. I think a bottom to middling EPL club possibly in future. He missed a huge chunk of his development and the ricks can't be coached out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by dan123y View Post
    Like I stated above. We dont have the depth. Simo is of better quality than Boyata. Please keep on point and do not change the course of the conversation.

You asked who is better and I stated that I feel Simo is better.
    I'm not changing the subject, my point at the start was my surprise at people wanting to sell our only reliable centre back. This then developed into who is better, and over the course of a season who is better?

I'm not changing the subject, my point at the start was my surprise at people wanting to sell our only reliable centre back. This then developed into who is better, and over the course of a season who is better?
    Siminovic

Yes.

Also we struggle to see Simonvic last a month without injury so to be confident on his overall ability is ridiculous. Especially given his last 4 games he has been brutal. We get to see boyatas flaws and good points because he plays so much. Simonvic floors a hun one time: gaurenteed legend status. That's what is mental
    But you're not taking into consideration the hypothetical of if they were both 100% fit. Simunovic, if he could retain full fitness, is a far better defender than Boyata and that's nothing to do with being regarded as a hun skelper, it's an objective observation based on both of their skill sets. If you can't see that you don't understand a lot about defending in football.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
    But you're not taking into consideration the hypothetical of if they were both 100% fit. Simunovic, if he could retain full fitness, is a far better defender than Boyata and that's nothing to do with being regarded as a hun skelper, it's an objective observation based on both of their skill sets. If you can't see that you don't understand a lot about defending in football.
    I know you need 2 working legs to play football let alone defend. . Half of the he users on here would disagree with that funnily enough.

If your argument is only supported hypothetically then is it really an argument worth having?
    Last edited by Keano_7; 14-12-2017 at 09:56 AM.

I know you need 2 working legs to play football let alone defend. . Half of the he users on here would disagree with that funnily enough.

If your argument is only supported hypothetically then is it really an argument worth having?
    Again though you're not taking into consideration it's a hypothetical.

If, and only if, both players were 100% fit and able to play a full season of games - which defender would you say is better and who would you rather play week in, week out if you could only choose one?

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
    Again though you're not taking into consideration it's a hypothetical.

If, and only if, both players were 100% fit and able to play a full season of games - which defender would you say is better and who would you rather play week in, week out if you could only choose one?
    Boyata, jozo even in a hypothetical situation would still pull his hamstring.

Boyata, jozo even in a hypothetical situation would still pull his hamstring.
    Fucking hell, it's completely pointless trying to debate with you when you can't even take on a hypothetical question.

Boyata is an okay defender, Simunovic is a better one.

Even put that aside. Ajer is already as good as and possibly better already.
    Has anyone seen my facts??

Lofty said Jameeys maw loves dick but Loftys maw choked on her sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    Even put that aside. Ajer is already as good as and possibly better already.
    I actually like the way Brendan has used Ajer. Same with Ralston. Both will likely be first teamers next season.

not for jan but James McClean again showing his love for us

http://www.celticfc.net/news/13687

his contract at w.brom runs out in 2019 when he's 30, would you take him then?

Quote Originally Posted by jake10 View Post

See tbh, the board clearly aren't interested in trying to sign anyone decent for europe.

Domestically we dont need to sign anycunt so we may as well have a laugh and bring in some hunskelpers. Bring back boruc, sign mclean as well.

Go full up the ra and fuck europe.

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

If he wants to take the same level of wages as Forrest/Hayes then sure.
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

Quote Originally Posted by jake10 View Post

I'd love to see him here. Ability wise he's probably just marginally ahead of, or on a par with, what we have at the moment but you know that he'd go out and give his all every single game for us. Would love to see him carry out a bit of hunskelping as well - the orcs would hate him!

Would be worth it for poppy day alone

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    Would be worth it for poppy day alone
    The fake social media outrage would go off the charts.

I think every club needs players like him in their team - someone who loves the club and knows exactly what it is to play for them.

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

People wanting him to sign just to smash the huns is actual hun level thinking. Every time they're linked with or sign a player all they care about is whether he will break Scott Brown's legs.

Sinclair is twice the player and Forrest this season is a lot better too. He's better than Hayes though so would be a good back up. I'd like to have him but not at the wages I expect he would be on.