Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Jan window

Default Re: Jan window

"Does the stretcher come free", great headline about our link to sturridge.
    Henderson on trial at bari apparently

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jake10 View Post
    So why sell him with over 2 years left on his contract
    Because making ~20m off him is better than making 0m by keeping a player who doesnt want to be there
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    Because making ~20m off him is better than making 0m by keeping a player who doesnt want to be there
    Don't remember anyone on here saying the club were at fault with VVD.

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    No if we were doing everything in our power to keep him we'd have got roughly the same selling him with a year left on his contract, selling him with 2 or 2.5 years on his contract seemed like lawwell covering the fact his downsizing was costing us CL revenue

THAT IS FUCKIN BRILLIANT

hurting record writing, "he then appears to wipe his nose with them", it's as if the record can't utter the words he wiped his nose on the shorts of the club that has been paying him 20k a week to get pished in Glasgow, rumours as well huns are having to pay half his wages to get shut of him. If someone we just punted did that with our shorts broony would hunt him down, AND he knew fine well that footage would get back to Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by jake10 View Post
    No if we were doing everything in our power to keep him we'd have got roughly the same selling him with a year left on his contract, selling him with 2 or 2.5 years on his contract seemed like lawwell covering the fact his downsizing was costing us CL revenue
    Selling him with a year left on his contract isn't keeping him. And how would we have got 'roughly the same' selling a player with a year left as one with 2.5? That's never how it works. Not to mention the other, non-financial factors I mentioned (player wanting away, not being interested).

Chancel Mbemba the latest name we've been linked with, defender that plays for Newcastle the now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chancel_Mbemba

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    Don't remember anyone on here saying the club were at fault with VVD.
    If a player wants to move on then keeping an unhappy player isn't good and getting the best price is right. However the major issue at Celtic is that when it comes to replacing a player we never seem to push the boat out.

Like if we sold Dembele for 30 million, we would probably keep Griffiths and sign Odsonne for like 3million.

while that's not the worst thing ever, now and then it would be good to see a better reinvestment. Like if you sell a guy for over 10mil, then spending 4 or 5 isn't a big deal.

cos if that player works out well then you would expect to make over 10 for them also.
    Has anyone seen my facts??

Lofty said Jameeys maw loves dick but Loftys maw choked on her sick.

Aden Flint the big tall CB we were linked with in the summer got MotM against City tonight

See that fucking numbnut, Ciftci, is away to Motherwell on loan after failing at yet another loan spell with Plymouth. Sooner we just get the guy off the books the better. His time was well up at Celtic as soon as he booted wee Emilio in the head at a training session.

His time was up at Celtic before he signed because he was shite. I always judge SPL players on how they do against us and I think in the million games they played against us he only scored 1 penalty.

He'll fit in well with the other thugs at Murderwell

Franco Di Santo being linked as a replacement for Dembele if he leaves this window.

A big fuck off from me - the guy’s only scored a career total of 59 goals 326 games!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco_Di_Santo

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
    Franco Di Santo being linked as a replacement for Dembele if he leaves this window.

A big fuck off from me - the guy’s only scored a career total of 59 goals 326 games!

A big fuck off from me too.
    The thumb - proving Lofty and lolercoaster wrong since 2014

am hoping it's just meeja pish linking another player who played under Rodgers

Anyone think we'll bring in anyone of note this window? The revolving door that BR promised has been pretty stationary so far.

We were linked with him years ago as well. Guy is fucking dreadful

I don't think Di Santo would be coming in as Moussa's replacement. If we are interested I reckon it would be to fill the number 10 role. Brendan has been looking for one for over a year and spoke of filling the position earlier in the week again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    I don't think Di Santo would be coming in as Moussa's replacement. If we are interested I reckon it would be to fill the number 10 role. Brendan has been looking for one for over a year and spoke of filling the position earlier in the week again.
    Even with that, its a no from me. We really need to be aiming higher. I know there is limitations, but this signing would just be stupidity. Unless there is something I am missing about the guy?

Quote Originally Posted by dan123y View Post
    Even with that, its a no from me. We really need to be aiming higher. I know there is limitations, but this signing would just be stupidity. Unless there is something I am missing about the guy?
    I've never really seen him play to be honest.