Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jan window

Default Jan window

Phil Mac saying 5 players could arrive in jan, 2 first team starters, 3 projects with several leaving, so who/where?

starters we need a right back, it's bad enough Lustig getting exposed in Europe but recently even motherwell targeted him, CH is a must, whoever Brendan plays needs playing regular, it's 2 players who need to play every week
    projects RB, keeper, CH
    punted gamboa, Armstrong and euskadi for his still broke tip 67

Default Re: Jan window

I would like to see McGinn come in, he is a good fit for us, I would use Henderson, Allan and a loan of a fringe player to seal the deal. I think we need a goalkeeper, a RB, at least one CB, and we need to replace some squad players with player who have more potential to be first teamers.
    Not all conspiracies are theories.

Sell Armstrong, Biton, Rogic, McGregor, Boyata, Gordon, sviatchenko, gamboa, henderson.

Buy 2 CB and a CAM of real quality.

I like Rogic but he is clearly not fancied by Rodgers for big games. That Hanni from Anderlecht looked like what Rodgers wants.

Very technical and full of energy.
    Has anyone seen my facts??

Lofty said Jameeys maw loves dick but Loftys maw choked on her sick.

PMG is full of pish. Never got anything right about Celtic.

Lewis Morgan and Jack Hendry were at the game the other night and will arrive in January. They are project signings.

I'd punt: Allan, Henderson, Sviatchenko, Gamboa and Armstrong if he isn't going to sign another contract.

We need defenders who will come right into the team and a keeper.

No sure about McGinn. Would like him but think Ntcham and Kouassi will come into the team in the short term so don't see where he would fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    PMG is full of pish. Never got anything right about Celtic.

Lewis Morgan and Jack Hendry were at the game the other night and will arrive in January. They are project signings.

I'd punt: Allan, Henderson, Sviatchenko, Gamboa and Armstrong if he isn't going to sign another contract.

We need defenders who will come right into the team and a keeper.

No sure about McGinn. Would like him but think Ntcham and Kouassi will come into the team in the short term so don't see where he would fit.
    he said delboy wouldn't be going to huns when you wrote he'd be signing in the morning, you might want to plug your arse and give your mouth a chance

he also mentioned the hotel plans before they were common knowledge

Phil mcGillyWilly? Knows feck all about transfers
    It's not the creed or nationality that counts, it's the man himself

Celtic - more than just a club

Oh, Leah is a slapper, she wears a pushup bra, and when she shags McGregor, she thinks of Wanyama

Quote Originally Posted by jake10 View Post
    he said delboy wouldn't be going to huns when you wrote he'd be signing in the morning, you might want to plug your arse and give your mouth a chance

he also mentioned the hotel plans before they were common knowledge
    Did I actually write he would be signing in the morning? And he didn't say McInnes wouldn't be signing at all.

Hotel plans were on KDS long before he got a hold of it. Same with the tax stuff.

The cunt is an absolute freakshow. Everyone up here who is anyone hates him. He is a fraud who got chased from the republican movement two decades ago and had to change his name and try to reinvent himself, and all he has are sad fucking ingrate fanbhoys like you who know nothing about the realities on the ground in Scotland.
    Last edited by Lolercoaster; 10-12-2017 at 10:03 PM.

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

I thought he only really wrote about Zombies. Almost as bad as that James Forrest guy on that Celtic blog who just churns out massive essays about Zombies every single day,

Anyways I'd sell Boyata, Bitton, Armstrong and Henderson. The reality is the likes of Gordon are staying until their contract is out and even with players like Henderson, he's only going to go to a Scottish club and they can't afford him so it will just be another one who is loaned out until his deal expires. Gamboa is pointless thanks to Rodgers but we also need a replacement for Lustig and unlikely we're gonna sign 2 RBs.

Scott Bain on a pre-contract will probably happen.
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

I'm banned from yer mans Forrests FB page for asking why he only wrote about sevco

Sell:

Boyata
    Bitton
    Armstrong

Gordon needs to go. His performances have been dipping game by game.

I would also sell other players that we don't need or are not getting used as back-up.

We must buy two quality CB's and a Keeper along with a consistent CAM.

If we free up wages and buy the above, I think we can do okay in Europe, They need to be quality though. No project players. Proven quality. Because, I fel we look okay going forward at times, but defensively (in Europe) we are getting exploited all the time. Lets tighten things up and give ourselves a chance.
    The thumb - proving Lofty and lolercoaster wrong since 2014

Allegedly looking at Marvin Compper from RB Leipzig. 32 year old centre back, so we'd have to think he's getting looked at to go straight into the starting 11.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Compper

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
    Allegedly looking at Marvin Compper from RB Leipzig. 32 year old centre back, so we'd have to think he's getting looked at to go straight into the starting 11.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Compper
    He is a decent enough player, had a few caps for Germany as well. Maybe a bit old, but still decent enough.

Just read us being linked to Vorn again whose contract at spurs is up in the summer, another ex Rodgers player, here's hoping

Dembele: Who knows where my future lies.

Scottish media: Breaking! Dembele to leave Celtic in the January transfer window.

Fucking yawn.

@ how boyata becomes the same scapegoat for the teams' dip in form. He's been great for us this season and I'd challenge you to name a better defender at the club. If anything I'd be looking at jozo's contribution, his fitness is terrible he needs to work on that because he has shown he can be an excellent defender at times.

And I may add I use 'the teams dip in form' very loosely, a draw with fucking hibs is being blown way out of proportion by the majority of celts.
    Last edited by Keano_7; 13-12-2017 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keano_7 View Post
    @ how boyata becomes the same scapegoat for the teams' dip in form. He's been great for us this season and I'd challenge you to name a better defender at the club. If anything I'd be looking at jozo's contribution, his fitness is terrible he needs to work on that because he has shown he can be an excellent defender at times.

And I may add I use 'the teams dip in form' very loosely, a draw with fucking hibs is being blown way out of proportion by the majority of celts.
    1st, nobody said Boyata is responsible for the teams overall form. People are simply saying he has been shite, just like Gordon and Armstrong have been.

2nd. You kinda prove yourself wrong by saying Boyata has been the "better" defender at the club by then stating Simunovic injuriy issues. Add onto that Sviatchenko hasn't played then Boyata is the only fit defender except Ajer who also has hardly played.

So I'd fully expect him to be up there seeing as he is the only fit one we get. Again showing the boards failures.

3rd. Difference between others like Sinclair being off form compared to say Boyata and Gordon is that Sinclair has shown he is a dangerous player, just off form.

Boyata and Gordon though, stupid errors and defensive fuck ups is regular and almost expected of them. They don't have it. We need a full defence almost.

He's reverted back to his old self over the last few games - constantly giving the ball away, mis-timing tackles, playing dangerous easily intercepted passes that give the opposition possession in dangerous areas. He's been a bit of a nightmare to be absolutely fair.

Aye he improved for a bit, after his abysmal showings last season, but he seems to now have just went backwards again.

Simunovic is a far better defender, it's just, as you rightly point out, he's far too injury prone.

Can agree with CB - we almost need a whole new defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    1st, nobody said Boyata is responsible for the teams overall form. People are simply saying he has been shite, just like Gordon and Armstrong have been.

2nd. You kinda prove yourself wrong by saying Boyata has been the "better" defender at the club by then stating Simunovic injuriy issues. Add onto that Sviatchenko hasn't played then Boyata is the only fit defender except Ajer who also has hardly played.

So I'd fully expect him to be up there seeing as he is the only fit one we get. Again showing the boards failures.

3rd. Difference between others like Sinclair being off form compared to say Boyata and Gordon is that Sinclair has shown he is a dangerous player, just off form.

Boyata and Gordon though, stupid errors and defensive fuck ups is regular and almost expected of them. They don't have it. We need a full defence almost.
    So who is our best defender overall?

So who is our best defender overall?
    Ability wise Simunovic when fit by a distance.

Not that its saying much. The defence is pish.

Seems that Lustig has went back to being an easy target again. He's been good for us under Rodgers and if he does get exposed it's as much to do with how we play than him being shite.

I also seen an article the other day which says we will be getting that boy from St. Mirren. His contract is up in the summer yet some bellend journalist thinks we will be giving them 500k to get him in January. If he does come in January we will give them a set of tracksuits for Xmas and not that kind of money.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast