Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anderlecht (h) Tuesday

Default Re: Anderlecht (h) Tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    Was anyone at the game? Lofty? The atmosphere sounded shite until about an hour in which was strange. Not like they scored an early goal to knock the stuffing out of us or anything.
    Aye the atmosphere was pish. Similar to gladbach game the team were so easily beat all over the park the crowd literally had fuck all to react to.

No doubt when it gets rocking its the best around but the players need to provide moments also.

Obviously being a sort of meaningless game that doesnt help.

Again result of downsizing. Im all for following your team through thick and thin but how long do they expect fans to pay overpriced tickets to watch a bang average side?

Like if Celtic had financial issues and couldnt spend at all and ended up relegated id still go every week if i felt the board were doing all they can.

But right now the board are doing the bare minimum and to me robbing the fans of cash that never gets put back into the side properly

Basically saying we cant win CL so why even try, too happy to just be better than the zombies

For me thats not a measure of Celtic. We should always be pushing fwd.

Dont blame fans for getting fed up at some point.
    Has anyone seen my facts??

Lofty said Jameeys maw loves dick but Loftys maw choked on her sick.

Atmosphere correlates with the football on the park. They bossed us from the off.

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    Atmosphere correlates with the football on the park. They bossed us from the off.
    Pure nonsense really. Barca bossed us for like 91 mins and it was still immense even before we scored
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

Pure nonsense really. Barca bossed us for like 91 mins and it was still immense even before we scored
    Aye thats barca. Not anderlecht though. Its expected against the best but getting passed off the park by anderlecht or gladbach is shite

Was anyone at the game? Lofty? The atmosphere sounded shite until about an hour in which was strange. Not like they scored an early goal to knock the stuffing out of us or anything.
    they should have scored early on, that and their targeting of lustig with us struggling shut up everyone but the green brigade

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    Aye thats barca. Not anderlecht though. Its expected against the best but getting passed off the park by anderlecht or gladbach is shite
    I know, we not only got beat at home to Anderlecht but couldn't even score, Mondays draw has a lot of good sides left and the prize of CL groups for winner makes teams take it more seriously

Poor show from Celtic. Why did we just not do what we done away from home? lol

It's not good for us supporters as we now move into the EL with a sense of pessimism.
    The thumb - proving Lofty and lolercoaster wrong since 2014

Quote Originally Posted by dan123y View Post
    Poor show from Celtic. Why did we just not do what we done away from home? lol

It's not good for us supporters as we now move into the EL with a sense of pessimism.
    Bordering on fear, who knows though maybe Brendan has a knack for knockout fitba, might make him a bit more defensive

Quote Originally Posted by jake10 View Post
    Bordering on fear, who knows though maybe Brendan has a knack for knockout fitba, might make him a bit more defensive
    A bit more defensive than 1 lone striker and all 11 players in your own half for most of the match?

If you don't think atmosphere in a football games correlates with what happens on the park then you should start going to games.

they should have scored early on, that and their targeting of lustig with us struggling shut up everyone but the green brigade
    They absolute roasters kept singing once that mob scored.

Had the same conversation. Lack of adaptation towards specific games. Not every game can be approached in the same manner.

I simply can not understand how we can beat them away, with ease and then be unable to even score at home. Its bizarre.

A bit more defensive than 1 lone striker and all 11 players in your own half for most of the match?
    was thinking more about away legs in knockout stages

Quote Originally Posted by dan123y View Post
    Had the same conversation. Lack of adaptation towards specific games. Not every game can be approached in the same manner.

I simply can not understand how we can beat them away, with ease and then be unable to even score at home. Its bizarre.
    They were under a different manager in the first game and were going through a bad time with him - losing games they shouldn't have been losing in their league, no where near the top. They punted him, got the new manager in and he galvanised them - as a new manager often does - and they're playing much better under him.

It's like comparing Deila's Celtic to Rodgers' - same players, practically the same tactics but yet Rodgers gets so much more out of them...usually.

Thats whats scary. The only reason we won was because anderlecht coukd barely win a belgian league game at the time.

Bhoy just pointed out to me that we are the only team that came through the champions route to finish 3rd in a group, it's just that performance the other night was painful

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
    They were under a different manager in the first game and were going through a bad time with him - losing games they shouldn't have been losing in their league, no where near the top. They punted him, got the new manager in and he galvanised them - as a new manager often does - and they're playing much better under him.

It's like comparing Deila's Celtic to Rodgers' - same players, practically the same tactics but yet Rodgers gets so much more out of them...usually.
    I feel your post is quite apologetic.

That type of performance, at home, is unacceptable.

It was how we approached the game and the amount of energy we put into trying to win. Lets face it, to not even score a goal at home, against Anderlecht is really bad.

No fight in the team at all. It does not give me a good feeling about the EL.

Do you feel that the performance was as expected or acceptable in some way?

Bhoy just pointed out to me that we are the only team that came through the champions route to finish 3rd in a group, it's just that performance the other night was painful
    What do you mean?

was thinking more about away legs in knockout stages
    In 4 if not 5 of our games this group stage we played almost entirely in our own half, whole team behind the ball bar one striker. How much more defensive do you want to be?

In 4 if not 5 of our games this group stage we played almost entirely in our own half, whole team behind the ball bar one striker. How much more defensive do you want to be?
    Simple. Dont play players who have attacking attributes in defensive positiongs.

Our midfield consists of too many similar players designed to play just behind the striker.

Then when asked to play deep in euro games they flop because they dont have enough all round abilities to do both.

Hence why we need to sign better players.