Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anderlecht (h) Tuesday

Default Re: Anderlecht (h) Tuesday

Armstrong playing out of position should be playing left back in the dressing room

Absolute shite. Struggling to play 5 yard balls. Nothing but nerves.

This is what happens when yer tactics just pass pass pass and no physical options. They know we dont want to go long ball so they let us play it wide and stand off us and let us make the mistake.

The players have no balls at this level. Team full of scared cunts.

Anderlecht far more technical than us. Great ball control and passing. Have no real cutting edge luckily.

Ironically for rodgers tactics anderlecht look vulnerable from a long diagonal ball while theyvpush up the park.

Up the ra
    Has anyone seen my facts??

Lofty said Jameeys maw loves dick but Loftys maw choked on her sick.

What a shit game

Well at least we are still in europe
    It's not the creed or nationality that counts, it's the man himself

Celtic - more than just a club

Oh, Leah is a slapper, she wears a pushup bra, and when she shags McGregor, she thinks of Wanyama

Quote Originally Posted by niall View Post
    Well at least we are still in europe
    Nah. Its not even a consolation as we will do fuck all in the Europa.

So much of our squad from Deila era. They have to go. Had their chance and bottle it in big games too often.

The board need to spend some serious money if they want to even try in Europe. This shit is a disgrace.

We haven't won at Pakrhead in the groups since Lennon was manager.

Cunts moan the Champs league we get tough draws. Aye thats the whole point in the tourny. Yet we always managed to pick up wins here and there.

Hear nothing but excuses and bullshit nowadays for the finances, board and the manager.

Ntcham looked good when he came on.

Griffiths not getting on is a pretty big story.

Final whistle there wasn't even much of a cheer. Bit of a joke to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    Ntcham looked good when he came on.

Griffiths not getting on is a pretty big story.
    The difference between Ntcham and others even though he still has a lot to learn, is that he has the vision, passing and composure to play this style.

The rest don't.

Griffiths getting snubbed isnt a big deal, we know what he can do. Dembele getting a start is a joke as he wasnt even fit and looks to be injured yet again in a game he wasnt really needed.

Odsonne deserved to start and looked pacey again but had no time. Although should had a chance but someone fucked the pass up.

I wonder if there is a clause in Edouard's contract which said we had to give him some CL game time.

Tonight is not good enough. They are not a good side. Our home record is dismal and some of the pumpings we have taken away from home are embarrassing. I actually feel that BR might now come in for some stick for the first time since he got here. There is no doubt that he and we have a miraculous record domestically but there is also now no doubt that he had we have a terrible record in the group stages of European competition.

Celticbhoy is correct. We don't have the balls for this for some reason. It's clear we don't believe in ourselves and that is a strange trait for us as one thing we were always known for in Europe, at least at home, was that we believed we could upset anyone. This EL campaign is going to be a measure of Rodgers and he simply must start adapting at this level. Sadly, I don't think he will.

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pual View Post
    I wonder if there is a clause in Edouard's contract which said we had to give him some CL game time..
    Would like to think if we needed a goal it would have been Griff

Overall we did the job. EL spot goes to 3rd best team in the group and we were were clearly that.

Poor performance tonight but Anderlecht were much better than before as I said they'd be. At the same time they didn't seem to have any interest in coming 3rd, they played exactly like their manager said and were just happy to get a win.

Rogic and Armstrong have been shite for ages now. I wouldnt have taken Sincalair off tbh especially as we had 0 wingers on the bench (another Rodgers masterstroke). Gordon, Ntcham and Forrest did well. Dembele had some nice link up play but was shite in the box again.

I would be confident for the EL but for the fact we have such rotten luck in the draw. We will get Atletico or some other top team and get rode by them.
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

I read somewhere that as we have finished 3rd it means that we will either get a EL group winner or another of the CL dropout teams. I'm not sure if that's accurate but we could do with as soft a draw as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by pual View Post
    I read somewhere that as we have finished 3rd it means that we will either get a EL group winner or another of the CL dropout teams. I'm not sure if that's accurate but we could do with as soft a draw as possible.
    We're unseeded, as you'd expect with 3 pts really. Given the group we were in it would have been some accomplishment to even be a seeded team for EL as even 6 pts wouldnt have done it

Armstrong easily brushed of the ball when he wasn't running like a headless chicken(who stole our player of last season? ), Tierney seems scared at CL level, Ntcham was good, lustig given such a run around Brendan went 3/5 at the back, broony was class again.
    Might have to rethink my belief we can win EL

tbf to Tierney jake. He is a left back and actually defended well.

Going forward on his side he had Armstrong and Sinclair who were so bad they got subbed at half time.

2nd half we didn't even have a left winger so he was lacking support the whole game going forward.

Too many players not making themselves available for a pass. Poor team selection to pick Amstrong a player who is obviously struggling with form and confidence, and who was very very poor in the cup final. You can understand the Sinclair selection but both added to an unfit Dembele was a huge risk.

Amstrong hid and this placed added pressure on players like Boyata, who can just about manage a simple lay off.

When your goal keeper is passing the ball more than your midfielders then you know you have your tactics, selection and formation wrong.
    Not all conspiracies are theories.

Brendan said last night that some of our guys showed they are nowhere near CL players. I think he specifically meant Armstrong, and wouldn't be too surprised to see him leave in January.

As we seen last season he is a good player, but he needs more than a good engine and being able to run into space. For me the big issue is even if you are having a stinker you have to make yourself available for a pass and give your team mates options. There was one time he was jogging towards an opponent who had the ball 20 yards form goal, and made no effort to get there and shut the guy down, which was compounded because the guy dwelled on the ball and made Amstrong look like.a dick. He then just stood once the guy had eventually played the pass and once again did not help pick up thier right back who was getting acres of space.

Was anyone at the game? Lofty? The atmosphere sounded shite until about an hour in which was strange. Not like they scored an early goal to knock the stuffing out of us or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    Nah. Its not even a consolation as we will do fuck all in the Europa.

So much of our squad from Deila era. They have to go. Had their chance and bottle it in big games too often.

The board need to spend some serious money if they want to even try in Europe. This shit is a disgrace.

We haven't won at Pakrhead in the groups since Lennon was manager.

Cunts moan the Champs league we get tough draws. Aye thats the whole point in the tourny. Yet we always managed to pick up wins here and there.

Hear nothing but excuses and bullshit nowadays for the finances, board and the manager.
    It is a consolation. Look at our overall performance. Concede an average of three a game. Three out of theee loses at home. Looking st that still being in he Europe is a consolation. Come Feb we may not think it tho. Will see what the draw has for us on friday

Quote Originally Posted by niall View Post
    It is a consolation. Look at our overall performance. Concede an average of three a game. Three out of theee loses at home. Looking st that still being in he Europe is a consolation. Come Feb we may not think it tho. Will see what the draw has for us on friday
    Your last sentence says what i meant. We arent good enough for europe in general.

We also know for a fact the board dont want to spend any money.

So we are stuck at this level now for the long term.