Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Motherwell (a) Wed 66

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

Default Re: Motherwell (a) Wed 66

On the subject of transfers is Matt McGlone saying here that only one player is on over 20k https://twitter.com/MattMcGlone9/sta...35568768372736

That would mean Sinclair and Dembele are both on sub 20k, surely not?
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

Gordon
    Lustig Simunovic Boyata Tierney
    Brown Armstrong McGregor
    Roberts Griffiths Forrest

Strong team, fancy us to do them over tonight

This on anywhere?

CelticTV just. Hun/Sheep game is on Sky

Edouard is on the bench, hope we get to see some of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    On the subject of transfers is Matt McGlone saying here that only one player is on over 20k https://twitter.com/MattMcGlone9/sta...35568768372736

That would mean Sinclair and Dembele are both on sub 20k, surely not?
    It's Sinclair on the big money.

Sweet as a nut this one but way to close for comfort. Was folly to rest Sinclair. Rest him at the weekend.

Wasted a lot of chances, Our midfield is not as clinical as last season, Amstrong in particular looks way off. Bit of a soft penalty but some big balls from Sinclair to want to take it and it was a beauty. We really need a good performance and to run up a few goals on Saturday, we don’t want teams to feel they have a road map to beat us.
    Not all conspiracies are theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro1888 View Post
    Wasted a lot of chances, Our midfield is not as clinical as last season, Amstrong in particular looks way off. Bit of a soft penalty but some big balls from Sinclair to want to take it and it was a beauty. We really need a good performance and to run up a few goals on Saturday, we don’t want teams to feel they have a road map to beat us.
    Surely with Armstrong he is playing in a different position too, though?

I just don’t think he is near the form he showed last season, yes he’s playing deeper but he does not show for the ball and his passing has been appalling. He still gets forward as teams play two deep banks against us but you do not see the runs and he does not have the threat as he did last season. Right no we are not scoring enough from midfield and that makes it easier to defend deep against us.

Armstrong was terrible again last night, earlier in the season he was worse but Brendan seemed to want to play him into the form he showed at end of last season, it hasn't worked, i'd punt him in jan given a decent offer

I just don’t think he is near the form he showed last season, yes he’s playing deeper but he does not show for the ball and his passing has been appalling. He still gets forward as teams play two deep banks against us but you do not see the runs and he does not have the threat as he did last season. Right no we are not scoring enough from midfield and that makes it easier to defend deep against us.

Ntcham or Kouassi should be playing alongside Broony at CDM and freeing up space for for Armstrong to play in his natural position of CAM.

I think that’s one of the problems, neither are consistent enough or remain injury free long enough. I like McGinn and would love to see him in there, we have too many squad players and not enough first team players. I just feel against teams like Motherwell players like Amstrong should be good enough to stand out, and out play players who are just good honest journeymen at best.

I think that’s one of the problems, neither are consistent enough or remain injury free long enough. I like McGinn and would love to see him in there, we have too many squad players and not enough first team players. I just feel against teams like Motherwell players like Amstrong should be good enough to stand out, and out play players who are just good honest journeymen at best.
    I find it hard to criticise too much.

McGregor, Armstrong and Rogic are all more than good enough on their day to hold down the CAM role at Celtic. This variation is a big part of why we are going for 67 games unbeaten.

In CDM Ntcham has not been as good as perhaps we expected but he may still yet. Kouassi too, I have big hopes for. So between those two and Brown and Bitton we are set for CDMs too.

I do agree, though, that we could be doing with a wee bit more from midfield and the likes of Kouassi to start stepping up to the plate but I also like our squad too and don't think we carry much deadwood anymore.

I think last season both Sinclair and Armstrong where fantastic and unplayable at times this season both have not reached that consistency particularly Amstrong. McGregor IMO comes in and for four or five games is really good then appears to plateau, then gets dropped. Brown who I have always liked is getting leggy, I think Forrest is hot and cold and feel with all the travelling Rogic is flat. I think Hayes, Citci, Allen, Henderson, and two or three of the project signings could all be moved on. But overall I think we have a good squad and I’m just commenting and giving my opinion, not criticising for the sake of it, we have done better than anyone could have thought following Ronnie

I think last season both Sinclair and Armstrong where fantastic and unplayable at times this season both have not reached that consistency particularly Amstrong. McGregor IMO comes in and for four or five games is really good then appears to plateau, then gets dropped. Brown who I have always liked is getting leggy, I think Forrest is hot and cold and feel with all the travelling Rogic is flat. I think Hayes, Citci, Allen, Henderson, and two or three of the project signings could all be moved on. But overall I think we have a good squad and I’m just commenting and giving my opinion, not criticising for the sake of it, we have done better than anyone could have thought following Ronnie
    I wasn't having a go at you specifically but a lot of Tims seem to think we are struggling just now when we are still on this marvellous run.

I think it is in particular Armstrong and Rogic not doing the business in CAM that is hurting us a wee bit just now. We really could do with their creativity. Between them we got about 30 goals last season.

I think we will start to hit some form again soon because we have just come through a hell of a run of tough fixtures.

I think many factors caused this.

1. Having 1 fit CB most of the time caused our CMs to play deeper to protect the defence.

2. No criticism of these players but Armstrong, Rogic and McGregor are all of similar ability. Them sharing that position is no good. Id rather sell a couple of them and buy someone better than them.

3. Sinclair just off form but tbf he was unstoppable last year and even scored plenty at the start of this season. We know what we is capable of.
    Has anyone seen my facts??

Lofty said Jameeys maw loves dick but Loftys maw choked on her sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    I think many factors caused this.

1. Having 1 fit CB most of the time caused our CMs to play deeper to protect the defence.

2. No criticism of these players but Armstrong, Rogic and McGregor are all of similar ability. Them sharing that position is no good. Id rather sell a couple of them and buy someone better than them.

3. Sinclair just off form but tbf he was unstoppable last year and even scored plenty at the start of this season. We know what we is capable of.
    Sinclair's drop in form is exaggerated. He is still on about 1 goal in 2 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    Sinclair's drop in form is exaggerated. He is still on about 1 goal in 2 games.
    Aye he set the bar really high.

Just like mcgeady years ago though teams will put 2 men on him. While it makes it harder for him to make runs it does open space in other areas.

Maybe thats how forrests doing well. Extra space at his end lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    Aye he set the bar really high.

Just like mcgeady years ago though teams will put 2 men on him. While it makes it harder for him to make runs it does open space in other areas.

Maybe thats how forrests doing well. Extra space at his end lol.
    I think he has slightly dipped but he was hot and cold last season whilst still getting in about the goals. Tierney, Sinclair and Dembele were red-hot on the left hand side last season but that trio hasn't played together too often this season.

As I said for me it is in CAM we aren't getting much. Armstrong scored 17 goals last season and only has 2 this year. He should be given another run in that position.

Here's the BS foul called on Brown that gave Well their goal https://streamable.com/bf04y no coverage at all by the media. Not even included in the SPL highlights vid on youtube

Here's the foul on McGregor that Scottish football is up in arms over and pretending is controversial https://twitter.com/VLR/status/936275297347031041