Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Motherwell (a) Wed 66

Default Motherwell (a) Wed 66

Gordon

Lustig Simunovic Boyata KT

Brown Kouassi Armstrong

Forrest Dembele Sinclair

Kouassi should come in for this one because it will be a tasty encounter and more of their combative football.

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

Default Re: Motherwell (a) Wed 66

Gordon
    Lustig Jozo Erik Tierney
    Brown Armstrong Ntcham
    Roberts Griffiths Sinclair

I'd give Koussi/Ajer and Hayes a run out too. Hayes has probably destroyed them for Aberdeen so no doubt he'll do fuck all for us >_>
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    Gordon
    Lustig Jozo Erik Tierney
    Brown Armstrong Ntcham
    Roberts Griffiths Sinclair

I'd give Koussi/Ajer and Hayes a run out too. Hayes has probably destroyed them for Aberdeen so no doubt he'll do fuck all for us >_>
    Sviatchenko in for Boyata?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    Sviatchenko in for Boyata?
    He has to be brought back in at some time. Hopefully some clubs down south have bought into the Boyata myth and actually pay money to take him off our hands

He has to be brought back in at some time. Hopefully some clubs down south have bought into the Boyata myth and actually pay money to take him off our hands
    Aye, I wouldn't be against it. Other than Simunovic and KT I think we need to clear the decks with the back five in the summer.

Not sure if Rodgers knows Ajer and Gamboa play for us any more.

Sviatchenko deserves another chance. He was a hunskelper in the making

I think Boyata could do well if he went back to Belgian league or even mid table French side etc.

Styles suit him better.
    Has anyone seen my facts??

Lofty said Jameeys maw loves dick but Loftys maw choked on her sick.

Aye, I wouldn't be against it. Other than Simunovic and KT I think we need to clear the decks with the back five in the summer.
    Simunovic can go as well - far too injury prone and we need a settled centre back pairing, especially in Europe.

Never good for teams to play each other consecutively emotions are not allowed to dissipate and grudges fester between games. I would rest Dembele, and Lustig, drop Sinclair and Amstrong,

Eric needs game time, could go three at the back with KT and McGregor as wing backs, would play Paddy left and Griff up front
    Not all conspiracies are theories.

I'll be very surprised if we don't keep Lustig. He signed a new contract until the end of season 18/19 and I think he will be our first choice for this and next season at least. Also, he is hardly getting injured these days.

Quote Originally Posted by pual View Post
    I'll be very surprised if we don't keep Lustig. He signed a new contract until the end of season 18/19 and I think he will be our first choice for this and next season at least. Also, he is hardly getting injured these days.
    I would keep Lustig and Gordon but demote them to second choice. Lustig especially is essential for the dressing room.

Btw, Dembele is injured again. He has an ankle problem. Wonder how that happened. He could be out for a couple of weeks.

I would keep Lustig and Gordon but demote them to second choice. Lustig especially is essential for the dressing room.
    Gordon I would replace but I think the big Swedish ride has another full season in him.

Celtic striker Moussa Dembele is a doubt for next week's final Champions League Group B meeting with Anderlecht.

Dembele went off shortly after scoring a penalty in Sunday's 2-0 League Cup final win over Motherwell.

He had earlier been fouled by Well defender Cedric Kipre, who was later controversially sent off.

"Moussa's got a bad knock and twist of the ankle," said Celtic assistant manager Chris Davies before Wednesday's Premiership meeting with the Steelmen.

"Thankfully it's not what it could have been, which is a long-term one. He was limping around after it. The more you watch it back in the replays, the worse it gets. He is, luckily, quite robust physically and he got away with it.

"It's likely he will be [out for the weekend as well]. We will just have to see how he responds. Obviously it's swollen and sore. We will find out in the next few days.

"We will just have to see how it goes. It's quite difficult to tell when it's 48-72 hours after that kind of injury, that twist and contact. We will just have to see but hopefully he will be available for that [game against Anderlecht]."

After visiting Fir Park on Wednesday, Celtic's third meeting with Motherwell inside seven days will be in Glasgow on Saturday.

The visit of Anderlecht follows next Tuesday and Celtic are on course for a Europa League berth, leading the Belgian side by three points.

Paris St-Germain and Bayern Munich will progress to the Champions League last 16 and Anderlecht need a four-goal winning margin at Celtic Park to beat Brendan Rodgers' side to a third-placed finish.

Quote Originally Posted by pual View Post
    Gordon I would replace but I think the big Swedish ride has another full season in him.
    Aye he is a big pump but I think we need better. Big chap doesn't have the pace he once had. But maybe you are right and with two solid CBs we could get by with him.

Gordon is a must to be replaced, though.

Defence should be where we are spending our money in the summer.

That South African guy we were going to buy has been out since August with a foot injury

Never mind this match, I want 67, as in Board 67

That South African guy we were going to buy has been out since August with a foot injury
    Didn't some other mob sign him from the mob we were supposed to get him from? Bum deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
    Didn't some other mob sign him from the mob we were supposed to get him from? Bum deal.
    Yeah and everyone was raging about it claiming it proved our board were never gonna sign him in the first place

Yeah and everyone was raging about it claiming it proved our board were never gonna sign him in the first place
    tbf, we needed defenders from last season. I did say if we didn't get them we would get humiliated in Europe. People argued that buying defenders wouldn't make a difference.

Well imo that's been blown out of the water cos I don't think we would have got raped the way we did if we invested. Maybe not won the games but at least not humiliated and then have a stronger side for the Europa and settled in the position.

That is the boards fault for not having enough targets, especially when Rodgers had said he wanted a defender and they left him with Biton, absolutely zero excuse even for those who support the board.