Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jamesy or Paddy?

Default Jamesy or Paddy?

For me Forrest has the jersey going forward without a doubt. Felt that he was unlucky to lose it in first place but can be no doubt he is the man now.

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

Default Re: Jamesy or Paddy?

Roberts is one of the most talented players to play for Celtic in a long long time. He is a million times better than Forrest will ever be and we should be making the most of the time we have him for.

Forrest can stay in the team for now since he played well in the last game, but ordinarily it isn't even question
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    Roberts is one of the most talented players to play for Celtic in a long long time.
    No that long. Naka was better, and even Dembers and Sinclair are better too.

Forrest deserves the jersey and should have it until Roberts' form improves. He hasn't been all that great this year.

Roberts is the better player but Forrest is having a better season so far.
    Has anyone seen my facts??

Lofty said Jameeys maw loves dick but Loftys maw choked on her sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    Roberts is the better player but Forrest is having a better season so far.
    Aye, that will do for me too. No doubt who should be starting when both fit.

James Forrest was he best man on the park against Bayern and roasted Alaba. Can't believe I wrote that.

Forrest started the season well but had fallen away a wee bit. I actually feel sorry for him cos one bad game and some of our fans turn against him. He's been frustrating at times but so has Roberts yet he is treated like a god. I think he is a better player than Forrest but they are also different in ways as well.

Was good to see Forrest doing it against a world class side and hopefully he can keep it up.

It depends on how you want to utilise the player. Forest is all about the pace, pass and the odd goal.

Roberts is all about the dribble and terrific cut ins.

Forest has been playing great as of late and it would be a foolish to dismiss that just because Roberts is in the team.

The best option is just alternate, or utilise specific player for specific games.
    The thumb - proving Lofty and lolercoaster wrong since 2014

Quote Originally Posted by dan123y View Post
    Roberts is all about the dribble and terrific cut ins
    plus goals and assists

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    No that long. Naka was better, and even Dembers and Sinclair are better too.

Forrest deserves the jersey and should have it until Roberts' form improves. He hasn't been all that great this year.
    Lofty I think you're forgetting your natural antithapy towards shooders

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster;484216a
    James Forrest was he best man on the park against Bayern and roasted Alaba. Can't believe I wrote that.
    Please remember you've been frothing at the mouth in previous seasons for us to punt/hunt Forrest, you've dismissed his ability like paul does with Brown

Paddy for me, he is the better player, more consistent and better team player. Forrest can be good on his day, but lacks heart, and hides in some games, all players have spells of poor form and Paddy is struggling a bit just now, but still better. If both were to be sold in January Paddy would go for around 10m and you could get Forrest for 3m.
    Not all conspiracies are theories.

Quote Originally Posted by jake10 View Post
    Lofty I think you're forgetting your natural antithapy towards shooders
    No I am not forgetting anything. It kind of is built into the subtext of what I am saying.

Please remember you've been frothing at the mouth in previous seasons for us to punt/hunt Forrest, you've dismissed his ability like paul does with Brown
    It was your missus that was frothing at the mouth when big Lofty came down for a visit.

Players in the mould of Samaras and Forrest can do well in Europe because teams dont have 10 men behind the ball.

This gives them space to run into and they can use their pace and fitness to drive up the wing.

You simply can't get to do that regularly in the SPL when teams have 10 guys defending you run into brick walls.

That type of game suits the likes of Sinclair and Roberts better as they enjoy working in tight spaces, using their skill and dribbling to open up play.

Roberts sometimes in Europe when we defend looks quite slow getting up the park. The extra running looks like it takes a bit out him as well.

Fast forward a couple of weeks and we get smashed by PSG and everyone is saying Forrest is pish again

Roberts sometimes in Europe when we defend looks quite slow getting up the park. The extra running looks like it takes a bit out him as well.
    Think it's mainly because he uses close control and a lot of touches, like McCourt did. Forrest is a hit and run player but one of his issues is he isn't even that fast really

Fast forward a couple of weeks and we get smashed by PSG and everyone is saying Forrest is pish again

Think it's mainly because he uses close control and a lot of touches, like McCourt did. Forrest is a hit and run player but one of his issues is he isn't even that fast really
    Forrest has more stamina and gets back more than Roberts in Europe. Gamboa and Roberts on our right side over in Germany was a bad joke. As it stands no matter who is fit then Forrest should start against Anderlecht.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    Forrest has more stamina and gets back more than Roberts in Europe. Gamboa and Roberts on our right side over in Germany was a bad joke.
    People's perceptions are skewed because you are comparing us playing away from home against a near-full strength Bayern side with us playing a weaker side at Parkhead. Just like how people thought Dembele 'changed the game' when he came on at the same time Bayern took their foot off the gas.

Could be a different story in Paris so we'll see

Aye he is a dribbler and deadly around the 18 yard box. However when he has the ball at the halfway line in games we are defending he has struggled to get us up the park.

Part of it is him trying to dribble his way up but he gets by players they often catch up as he isnt very pacey.

Kind of similar to nakamura that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    Aye he is a dribbler and deadly around the 18 yard box. However when he has the ball at the halfway line in games we are defending he has struggled to get us up the park.
    He is usually the player taking it past the halfway line deep into the other half... only to be crowded out because of a lack of options

Brown doesn't have ability tbf

He is usually the player taking it past the halfway line deep into the other half... only to be crowded out because of a lack of options
    Not just lack of options though. Also lack of options is a simple reality of us playing too european sides as we get forced deeper.

So either way its somethig that takes away roberts effectiveness in they games.

Against the likes of anderlecht he will be fine.

Forrests pace helps him a lot as witnessed against alaba. Many times taking ball from half way line and getting us up the pitch.