Thread: Kieran Tierney

Default Kieran Tierney

Club have announced that he has signed a new deal with us for 6 years. So even if he does leave then we can command a good fee. As much as I and others have slated the board at times, deservedly, fair fucks to them for this. Great bit of business by us.

Can't be arsed putting a link up but the club have announced it on their twitter feed apparently.

Default Re: Kieran Tierney

6 year, though we could pay KT by the day without a contract and he'd still be going nowhere, maybe in his late twenties he'll want to try abroad but it'll be difficult for him to leave as he'll be captain by then

Think he was already on a fairly long deal so this will be abut brinign his wages into line with the likes of Roberts, Dembele and Sincair.

Wee chap will be here for at least another three years.

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

Can't see him ever leaving
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    Hopefully not but thats a rarity these days.

at the minute he's living his and all supporters dream, maybe in about 5 or 6 years his need to test himself in better leagues may take him abroad but he'll be captain then and he'll find ithard to leave

The biggest problem could be boredom and lack of challenge, the boy is exceptional and a true winner so the thought of winning the league every year by 30 points and then being beaten decisively in champ league might not appeal beyond 10 in a row.

We won't always be beaten decisively in the CL, we just need to not be in a group of death for once. We also have the challenge of an EL run which like it or not is our level

We won't always be beaten decisively in the CL, we just need to not be in a group of death for once. We also have the challenge of an EL run which like it or not is our level
    Exactly, that’s our level, his is considerably higher and Possibly without ANY challenges domestically and hoping to finish 3rd to get an extra Europa league tie might not be enough for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wgs3inarow View Post
    Exactly, that’s our level, his is considerably higher and Possibly without ANY challenges domestically and hoping to finish 3rd to get an extra Europa league tie might not be enough for him.
    It's definitely the case for the likes of Wanyama, VVD etc but Tierney is a bit different for obvious reasons.

if anything it will be the vast amount of money we could make that would encourage him to leave

He'll need to mind empty Robben out his back pocket before he goes home tonight.

Great for us to get more length of time out of him. This kid seems to get better by the game.

He is one of us, too. He will go when hes much older.
    The thumb - proving Lofty and lolercoaster wrong since 2014

KIERAN TIERNEY admits he would love to stay at Celtic for LIFE.

The ink is still drying on his new six-year deal but that hasn’t stopped the 20-year-old dreaming of following in the footsteps of the likes of Billy McNeill and Paul McStay.

The iconic Parkhead figures were one-club men and despite being linked with Manchester United and Spurs, when asked if he could do the same, Tierney admitted: “Yeah there is every chance — I hope.

“I’ve been here 13 years already and that is a long time. We will see what happens. I am in no rush to leave, everybody can see that from signing a long-term deal.

“I am very happy at Celtic but it’s football, you never know where a career is going to take you.”

Tierney penned a new deal last summer but after a sensational start to the season, that was extended to 2023 this week amid strong links with a move to England’s top flight.

He smiled: “Like any other deal, if you do well, they reward you with a new one. So I’m very happy.

“They don’t need to give you another one, especially when you’ve got almost four years left on the one you’ve got.

“Fair play, it’s good for both parties. Everyone is happy.

“I had no doubts about signing a long-term deal — I wish it was longer.

“It’s brilliant for me and my family. I’m buzzing. It’s a great feeling, the same as it was when I signed last year.”

Tierney is rated among the best left-backs in Europe.

His displays for club and country have seen a staggering 17 scouts check-in to Celtic Park for Tuesday’s Champions League clash with Bayern Munich.

Tierney added: “That kind of thing doesn’t affect me.

“It’s a compliment if there are big teams watching you. It’s not something that I need to block out.

“It’s good. There are no negatives about it. I’m flattered by the names you hear but I’m loving it at Celtic and enjoying every minute.”

Tierney’s new deal pushes him among the top earners at Celtic.

But he insists he’s in no rush to splash his cash and move out of the family home in Motherwell.

He revealed: “As soon as I got my deal the last time, I bought a house for my mum and dad.

“That was the one thing I always wanted to do. I still live at home with them — I’ll be there for a few years yet as I can’t do anything for myself!

“It keeps me grounded in some ways. They are still in charge.

“I try not to get big-headed, so hopefully they don’t have to ever bring me back down to earth.

“I’ve got them, as well as a lot of good friends, who’d tell me if I ever got out of line or too big-time.”

Tierney has become the poster boy for Celtic’s academy players, being part of last season’s Treble winning Invincibles and even captaining the side in the absence of Scott Brown.

But he admits there was a time when he feared he would never make it.

He recalled: “There was a time when I wasn’t getting a game at 14 or 15.

“A lot of the boys had heard about their contracts but me and a couple of others didn’t hear anything until very, very late on.

“We got a one-year deal in the end but the others got longer-term deals”.

Fantastic to have a true Celtic Bhoy and a great player at the same time.

Hope he does stay for life.

Quote Originally Posted by dan123y View Post
    Fantastic to have a true Celtic Bhoy and a great player at the same time.

Hope he does stay for life.
    I didn't think it possible but I am starting to think otherwise. He clearly wants to be here for as long as possible. Think only a Barca or Man U type club would tempt him.

I think he will leave, maybe not for a season or two, but he could easily make 4 times the wage down south, at some point he will look at his career (earning potential) and could think I will go south for 4-5 years make enough money for me and my family then return to Celtic and finish my career there. We would all move jobs under these circumstances and at the end of the day it’s how he makes his living and pays the bills. He has the opportunity to earn enough as be able to retire and live comfortably in his mid thirties. Good luck to him.
    Not all conspiracies are theories.