Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Brendan's Tactics

Default Re: Brendan's Tactics

its a piss poor window, the suggestion from Rodgers was a revolving door and for us is to come out stronger, stating we would only sign players who made us demonstratively better.
    A couple of 22 yr olds who have already been freed, one by us and one by the huns, a keeper who Dundee sent out on loan and wasn't getting a game for Hibs, a CB who manages 22 games a season, and a Chelsea youth player who has potential.

I cant see how any of these players will make us demonstratively better for big C.L. games where especially in defence we have been getting battered and fucking up regularly since Rodgers walked in the door.

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

That chat out of the club has been pretty bizarre. Rodgers saying revolving door, and it not being one, Davies saying Dembele was on his way out, then Rodgers saying otherwise (and him staying put) then this.

I dunno if this is intentional btw but
    A couple of 22 yr olds who have already been freed, one by us and one by the huns, a keeper who Dundee sent out on loan and wasn't getting a game for Hibs, a CB who manages 22 games a season, and a Chelsea youth player who has potential.
    is misrepresenting the ability of some of the signings.
    Bain is the highest rated of the young keepers in Scotland. He was sent on loan by Dundee because he fell out with McCann, and he 'didnt get a game' with Hibs because he was only on loan there for a few weeks, most of which were the winter break, and they weren't about to immediately replace their own keeper. He was the keeper a lot of Celtic fans wanted us to sign over the last 1-2 seasons.

Compper might manage only 22 games a season but everyone was delighted with Kolo Toure despite being even older (he played 17)

Musunda is straight into the first team so we can drop this patter pretending he is a 'youth player'

Our defence has got battered by some of the best attacking teams on the planet. Who do you suggest we sign to prevent that?
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post

Our defence has got battered by some of the best attacking teams on the planet. Who do you suggest we sign to prevent that?
    A good goalie would be the best place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    A good goalie would be the best place to start.
    It would. BR obviously doesn't think Gordon is a weak link though or he'd have got someone in before he was injured.

Still though we'd be talking about someone replicating Forster's night against Barca ... 5 or 6 times

It would. BR obviously doesn't think Gordon is a weak link though or he'd have got someone in before he was injured.

Still though we'd be talking about someone replicating Forster's night against Barca ... 5 or 6 times
    Forster might be a good place to start now that heís been dropped by Southampton.

Quote Originally Posted by jquinn View Post
    Forster might be a good place to start now that he’s been dropped by Southampton.
    Dropped because of his performances against teams far worse than what we face in the CL though

Dropped because of his performances against teams far worse than what we face in the CL though
    And Gordonís have been against teams even worse than that

Quote Originally Posted by jquinn View Post
    And Gordon’s have been against teams even worse than that
    We went a full season undefeated winning every single domestic trophy. Domestic quality is not an issue.

I reject this idea that we would have to make spectacular signings in order to get more reasonable results against these sides. We have done so before with worse squads than we have now.

Not a one off either, so it baffles me that Celtic fans still accept regular hammerings as a normal thing when we are probably one of the main teams who have consistently proven otherwise in Europe

except in recent years since we downsize to fuck because of how weak the huns are... simple as that.

Of course we aren't going to challenge these teams but if we could perform better as a team which would require some better and more experienced players in key positions then it would make a huge difference and getting the odd result.
    Has anyone seen my facts??

Lofty said Jameeys maw loves dick but Loftys maw choked on her sick.

We went a full season undefeated winning every single domestic trophy. Domestic quality is not an issue.
    As in Gordonís mistakes, which you havenít hesitated to point out, have come against worse teams than Forsterís.

Also, we all know Forster has it in him to perform in Europe. I havenít seen that out of Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    Everyone could see that was a masterstroke, fuck, it even almost got him a move to challenge Courtois at Chelsea!!. Shame we have no one to bring out the best in de vries though, he is a fucking nightmare.
    Last edited by Keano_7; 10-02-2018 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keano_7 View Post
    Everyone could see that was a masterstroke, fuck, it even almost got him a move to challenge Courtois at Chelsea!!. Shame we have no one to bring out the best in de vries though, he is a fucking nightmare.
    tbf he would take Courois place once they see his passing range.

More than proved his tactical nous last night. This was more or less the same team than that played at Pittodrie when we were shit hot the other month bar he brought in Kouassi to add some steel to midfield. Flawless tactically last night.

For all he gets bad press with us he has had some pretty big performances this season and last in Europe, and playing high quality football.

More than proved his tactical nous last night. This was more or less the same team than that played at Pittodrie when we were shit hot the other month bar he brought in Kouassi to add some steel to midfield. Flawless tactically last night.

For all he gets bad press with us he has had some pretty big performances this season and last in Europe, and playing high quality football.
    I dont think he gets bad press from the majority, in fact, I think the opposite to be true. he is idolised.

You are right, flawless indeed. I think we may surprise a few people in this competition.
    The thumb - proving Lofty and lolercoaster wrong since 2014

Quote Originally Posted by dan123y View Post
    I dont think he gets bad press from the majority, in fact, I think the opposite to be true. he is idolised.

You are right, flawless indeed. I think we may surprise a few people in this competition.
    He does get a lot of bad press about his tactics after we get horsed in the CL. I have done it myself so credit when it is due, and we are definitely making progress on the European level.

He does get a lot of bad press about his tactics after we get horsed in the CL. I have done it myself so credit when it is due, and we are definitely making progress on the European level.
    When things are going wrong, we aim our frustrations at the manager. But when the fury dies down and you look at things logically, there is no doubt in my mind that Rodgers is the best manager we have had in a long time.

We are progressing and that's what matters. If every season, we inch ourselves further and further in Europe, then that's a good thing.

My criticism was/is lack of real investment, but we all know that is not Rodgers' responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by dan123y View Post
    When things are going wrong, we aim our frustrations at the manager. But when the fury dies down and you look at things logically, there is no doubt in my mind that Rodgers is the best manager we have had in a long time.

We are progressing and that's what matters. If every season, we inch ourselves further and further in Europe, then that's a good thing.

My criticism was/is lack of real investment, but we all know that is not Rodgers' responsibility.
    No doubt the lack if investment is hurting us. Yesterday would have been a good time to bring in a few new players to show their worth. Instead we had to play the likes of Gamboa who we all know is pish.

As you say there has clearly been an improvement this season, form last year. If we were to qualify and get another couple of Europa games it will only help the development of the likes of McGregor, Kouassi, Ajer and co for going into next season.

No doubt the lack if investment is hurting us. Yesterday would have been a good time to bring in a few new players to show their worth. Instead we had to play the likes of Gamboa who we all know is pish.

As you say there has clearly been an improvement this season, form last year. If we were to qualify and get another couple of Europa games it will only help the development of the likes of McGregor, Kouassi, Ajer and co for going into next season.
    This is how Gamboa can't win, he actually played well. Even if he does he's still pish... can't win so may as well leave.

I'd like to see the possession stats for Gordon/DDV. Seems like our keeper has more of the ball than a lot of other players these days.

What's annoying is that it seems more of a self serving tactic to justify the 'ball playing keeper' shite. Like 90% of the time our keeper has the ball there is no need for him to have it. It's usually a defender near the half way line, under no pressure, booting it back to the keeper who then passes it back to them. Pointless.