Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brendan's Tactics

Default Re: Brendan's Tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Poblacht View Post
    If you're serious about that then honestly, not being a prick here, you need medical attention. We are finishing 3rd.
    Brilliant ������
    It's not the creed or nationality that counts, it's the man himself

Celtic - more than just a club

Oh, Leah is a slapper, she wears a pushup bra, and when she shags McGregor, she thinks of Wanyama

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    If we get a proper defence, keeper and defensive mid. Then we might get the odd result.
    While simultaneously holding onto out best forwards too.
    The thumb - proving Lofty and lolercoaster wrong since 2014

Say what you like about Jammeeyy bhoy. Its a good fucking laugh.

Even though he may or may not be wrong in his argument, he sparked a conversation.

This is the Brendan Rodgers thread, can we discuss Rodgers brilliance here and move the jameeys mental health issues for the jameeys mental thread. There is actually a thread covering this very point.

That's all. Thanks for reading.

Couldn't be arsed finding a more appropriate thread so ...
    West Ham sack their manager and the meeja and their fans are mentioning Brendan, while I applaud their ambition and he would be great for them as he would most clubs BUT GET A FUCKIN GRIP, swap champions league and this season a genuine chance at a europa run to go to a relegation threatened club where success is a top half finish, certainly having more financial muscle than we do, but Brendan played 3 academy players the other day and relishes the prospect of bringing more through, at West ham he just wouldn't get that opportunity. So for any huns having hopeful wet dreams of Brendan going to w.ham(he still has a house in London)forget it, Brendan's staying for 10 in a row.

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

They've got Moyes instead lol
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

Quote Originally Posted by jake10 View Post
    Couldn't be arsed finding a more appropriate thread so ...
    West Ham sack their manager and the meeja and their fans are mentioning Brendan, while I applaud their ambition and he would be great for them as he would most clubs BUT GET A FUCKIN GRIP, swap champions league and this season a genuine chance at a europa run to go to a relegation threatened club where success is a top half finish, certainly having more financial muscle than we do, but Brendan played 3 academy players the other day and relishes the prospect of bringing more through, at West ham he just wouldn't get that opportunity. So for any huns having hopeful wet dreams of Brendan going to w.ham(he still has a house in London)forget it, Brendan's staying for 10 in a row.
    I think it was match of the day 2 or some show on BBC this weekend and there were pundits talking about BR going to West Ham. There was a couple of the usual ignorant twats on there but one guy, I don't know who it was, basically laughed at the thought of it. He said, along the lines of, why would BR want to leave a huge club like us to go to West Ham. The others tried to say that West Ham are a big club and the the guy said, yes they are but not like Celtic and why would he want to take a step down.

You could almost see the EPL fan boys struggle to compute what he was saying.

Quote Originally Posted by pual View Post
    I think it was match of the day 2 or some show on BBC this weekend and there were pundits talking about BR going to West Ham. There was a couple of the usual ignorant twats on there but one guy, I don't know who it was, basically laughed at the thought of it. He said, along the lines of, why would BR want to leave a huge club like us to go to West Ham. The others tried to say that West Ham are a big club and the the guy said, yes they are but not like Celtic and why would he want to take a step down.

You could almost see the EPL fan boys struggle to compute what he was saying.
    Brendan turned down Swansea recently

sensible article from King Kenny

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/009ei0312sub_story__5/

Kenny Dalglish: Why is it just because Brendan Rodgers is doing well, there is talk of him being ready to move on?
    THE fantastic domestic run Celtic find themselves on just now should not be underestimated or played down in any way.

Take a step back and think about it. It is now 67 games undefeated and the manager, players and coaching staff have had to put in an unbelievable effort Ė mentally and physically Ė to achieve it.

The fact it has now reached 67 is a significant figure, of course, with the greatest achievement in the clubís history Ė the European Cup win Ė coming in 1967.

When the amount of games unbeaten reached around the 35-40 mark, thatís when the talk of records being broken and the Invincibles really started.

It has grown with every passing game since then, so every player, manager and supporter of every other club will have been desperate to be the team to bring it all to an end.

Indeed, one of the biggest compliments I can pay is that I believe that when the run does come to an end, it will create more headlines than any other domestic victory Celtic will get this season.

The next domestic defeat for the Hoops will be the lead sports story in the UK for the day, thatís for sure.

Brendan Rodgers has to take a lot of credit for the past 18 months. He has revitalised the club and improved many of the players.

He has also taken them into the Champions League two years on the trot, and last Sunday became the first manager to win four successive domestic trophies since Jock Stein.

This has led to many people in the game, on both sides of the border, speculating that Brendan may want to leave and will be targeted by Ďbigger clubsí down south.

I think talk such as that is hugely disappointing and disrespectful.

Iíve even heard people say that Brendan may be fed up with the lack of competition in Scotland, given the fact that they take three points in almost every game.

Listen, Iíve never known any manager to moan about winning every week.

Why is it that when a manager is doing well, there is talk that he will be ready to move on?

And, equally, why is it that when a manager loses a few games, many people have him down as being under pressure and just 90 minutes away from the sack?

On both fronts, itís very unfair and wrong to speculate.

In the case of Brendan Rodgers, why canít we just leave him to get on with his job, and allow his relationship with Celtic to continue?

Only the man himself can tell us if he feels differently.

Unless Iím mistaken, when he has been doing his media conferences, Brendan has never stated that he wants to leave.

One or two jobs have been available down south in the past month or so Ė West Ham and Everton, for example Ė yet he has remained at Celtic.

That doesnít mean to say he has knocked them back, but whichever way you look at it, he is still at Celtic.

Right now, his focus will be on Tuesday nightís game against Anderlecht in the Champions League.

Celtic only need to avoid defeat to progress to the Europa League stage, and to finish third in the group would be a sign of progress.

When the draw was made, everyone at Celtic stated that the aim was to remain in Europe beyond Christmas. They are now 90 minutes away from achieving their aim.

I expect Brendan and his players will want to do more than just avoid defeat on Tuesday.

In front of 60,000 fans, under the floodlights, they will want to put on a performance and also get their first home win in the Champions League this season.

Last term, against Barcelona, Manchester City and Borussia Moenchengladbach, they only took one point from a possible nine.

So, again, to win this midweek will be another step in the right direction.

There will no doubt be a fantastic atmosphere inside Celtic Park for this game, and the players will be absolutely ready for it.

Led by captain Scott Brown, they will want to put on a performance against the Belgian side.

I would never take anything for granted, but I do fancy Celtic to win the game. They have improved in Europe this season.

Sure, some will point out they lost 5-0 and 7-1 to PSG, and I accept that is far from ideal. However, the French champions are operating on a different level to their Scottish counterparts, and thatís why such results do happen.

So, Iím going for a positive result for Celtic, and then we will see what the draw for the last 32 in the Europa League brings them.

That will also be a tough competition Ė but at least there wonít be any sides in it with the quality of PSG

and Brendan himself

‘WHY I AM SO HAPPY AT CELTIC,’ RODGERS
    BRENDAN RODGERS has insisted he is NOT interested in quitting Celtic to return to England.

Two English Premier League outfits – believed to be West Ham and Swansea City – had the Irishman in their sights recently.

Rodgers admitted: “Yes, I have been aware of possibilities, as have the club, but it’s not on my radar at all. I’m very happy,

“My love and passion is here, for a number of reasons.

“What I appreciate more than anything now is happiness.

“I saw a friend of mine pass away this week and there’s obviously a real sadness for him, and his family.

“It makes you wonder about football and life

“What I’ve gathered from when I left Liverpool, and had that seven months out, allowed me to reflect that the next club I came to, I wanted to be happy in.

“There’s ambition, but I’m working at one of the biggest clubs in the world, and certainly one of the biggest in Britain. So I’m in no rush to leave for a number of reasons.

“I’m very happy in my work, and I still feel there is a lot for me to do here and to achieve.

“And while I have the goodwill of the Board and the supporters – and they believe in what I’m doing – I’m very, very happy to be here.

“I don’t know where else I could go to get the feeling to come in and work like I do, to develop players and help different departments.

“The Premier League is brilliant. I loved it there and I worked with two great clubs.

“This is never to say that I won’t go back there one day, but there’s not even a notion that I’m thinking of

“I genuinely love it here and I’m really happy at Celtic. The club has real belief in what I’m doing, which is important.

“There is a test for me here, despite what people say. There are not many clubs in Britain where you’ve got to win virtually every game you play, and there are certainly not too many clubs at our level who are expected to go and beat PSG!

“So I’m very, very happy in my professional life, and I really, really enjoy living up here.

“The family is happy, we have a good life, so it’s not something I’m even considering.”