Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brendan's Tactics

Default Brendan's Tactics

Just looking there and he has come out and said he won't budge from his philosophy. Also, McGregor is in the press saying the same.

Looks like we are going to stick with it. Which is something we should probably be happy with it. If we can keep this group of players and work like this for two or three years then you'd have to think it would pay off, big-time.

For it to work, though, we would really have to keep the likes of Dembele, Armstrong and Roberts etc.

Default Re: Brendan's Tactics

I personally don't think we will ever have the quality of player to carry this system out successfully at European level. Rodgers needs to find and alternative way imo. It's not his fault that we can't afford them so he has to adjust.

Poblacht

If this is the case then Brendan is here to continue domestic success (which is mandatory; brilliant) and the whole propaganda around getting him in for Europe is clearly just on remuneration hence why he won't adapt and the summer signings were not good enough.

I'm not interested in being in the Champions League just to get skelped from Elite sides when it could get minimalised or even produce a draw here and there while players are still carrying out the same mistakes and defaultly going into a state of fear when they are in possession. It's unacceptable for me.

Roy Keane literally summed it up for me, Rodgers can say its a learning curve all he wants but compared to last year and now nothing has changed.

It's all bullshit imo if this is the case; I can't see us holding into our players and the Board releasing funds when needed. We've broke our record turnover for fuck sake and that Summer transfer window was simply not good enough.

As Lofty has stated in here "For it to work, though, we would really have to keep the likes of Dembele, Armstrong and Roberts", its never going to happen, ever, get it right out of all your heads, never ever, EVER.

If Rodgers is as good as people make out then he would adapt to Europe in the right environment. For fuck sake Lennon beat Barcelona. It's pure arrogance from Brendan and I can't stand this shite.

Quote Originally Posted by Poblacht View Post
    Roy Keane literally summed it up for me, Rodgers can say its a learning curve all he wants but compared to last year and now nothing has changed.
    We have got the same amount of points after three games than we finished the group with last year and are still in with a realistic shout of second.

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

Win 3-0 away in the group stage

"nothing much has changed"

Spastic CSC
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

Poblacht

Quote Originally Posted by pual View Post
    I personally don't think we will ever have the quality of player to carry this system out successfully at European level. Rodgers needs to find and alternative way imo. It's not his fault that we can't afford them so he has to adjust.
    He's under the illusion that the Club could recruit and the academy produce a 4-2-3-1 system of CL competiting players. That isn't even showing right now that it's working. Last year finishing 4th and now we will probably get 3rd. Okay, its a slight improvement. But to put in a landmark of success under his Era he would get us to the Last 16 and I can honestly say it here I can't see this happening with his attacking-possession based fundamentalist philosophy. Even Jock Stein wen't defensive with the Lions.

Writing is on the wall, lads. Euskadi pointed this out when we first got him in that his European record is poor in comparison to his domestic performances. I threw this in the back of my head and thought "ah fuck it, hes at Celtic, a Tim, knows what its about etc". Nope, its been thrown into our faces with a sobbering reality check.

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post

Spastic CSC
    Hahaha, topper.

I don't think the tactic itself is an issue. Imo it's a modern coaching arrogance.

He wants all passing football and ditch the long ball. However he has totally ignored the physical aspect of the game.

We are so weak in the air its amateur.

I think the tactics a bit to open to ever challenge elite sides on our budget.

If we get a proper defence, keeper and defensive mid. Then we might get the odd result.

Regularly drop into an be a threat in the europa.

Right now defensive wise we are a shambles. Not because of bayern but even go back to Astana. All over the place.
    Has anyone seen my facts??

Lofty said Jameeys maw loves dick but Loftys maw choked on her sick.

Poblacht

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    Win 3-0 away in the group stage

"nothing much has changed"

Spastic CSC
    What? We beat Anderlecht a side we should be beating? Jesus fucking christ, next you'll be telling us a result against Qarabag, if we ever get them in the Groups, is 'progress'.

Also if Ajers training to be a CB. Now was the perfect time to gain experience. Instead he puts a CM in there. Which imo is mental.

Ajer coulda had a shit load of SPL games and a European night or 2 under his belt. Instead he is reserved. Why?

Poblacht

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    If we get a proper defence, keeper and defensive mid. Then we might get the odd result.
    I'm fucking sick of hearing this shite, we will NEVER get in the players we need. How the actual fuck can we expect to get in players when the Board aren't even backing Rodgers over a defender?

I'm fucking sick of hearing this shite, we will NEVER get in the players we need. How the actual fuck can we expect to get in players when the Board aren't even backing Rodgers over a defender?
    I wasn't saying i expected it to happen. Just saying somethig as simple and easily achieveable could take u to that next step.

Well aware it wint happen. As lofty said we have one of our biggest turnovers and the best we do is sign Jonny Hayes

Also if Ajers training to be a CB. Now was the perfect time to gain experience. Instead he puts a CM in there. Which imo is mental.

Ajer coulda had a shit load of SPL games and a European night or 2 under his belt. Instead he is reserved. Why?
    He got games and then was bombed after Astana away. Think it was a bit unfair and he will definitely be a first team player in the coming years. In BRs defence he is young for that position.

I get the feeling Brendan is playing Bitton on occasion to show the board how much he needs a CB.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    He got games and then was bombed after Astana away. Think it was a bit unfair and he will definitely be a first team player in the coming years. In BRs defence he is young for that position.

I get the feeling Brendan is playing Bitton on occasion to show the board how much he needs a CB.
    Aye astana did impact it but at that point u would say so what. I mean we got in group with psg and bayern.

Guaranteed 4 losses there so put him in and let him taste the damage lol

Poblacht

Because he believes in firing in players in different positions produces fluidity and flexibility. Prime example of this is Bitton at CB. The cunt is literally at fault for conceding 3 goals in 15 minutes against Astana. Then he comes out saying this -> "The criticism [of Bitton] is absolutely incredible," Rodgers said. "If we didn't have Nir Bitton, we might not have been in the Champions League.

Alright, there is times for backing players but that is just pure sensationalist nonsense.

EDIT: tbh, im getting sick of hearing Rodgers partonising arrogance around the system we are playing, Bitton as I mentioned ^ and him sticking up for the Board when they completely failed to invest into an area which is beyond mandatory for Europe. Sick of it.
    Last edited by Poblacht; 20-10-2017 at 01:10 AM.

Poblacht

I wasn't saying i expected it to happen. Just saying somethig as simple and easily achieveable could take u to that next step.

Well aware it wint happen. As lofty said we have one of our biggest turnovers and the best we do is sign Jonny Hayes
    Fair enough I jumped the gun, its just the 'hope' shite after years and years and years of the same shite regarding recruitment. Its criminal.

Fair enough I jumped the gun, its just the 'hope' shite after years and years and years of the same shite regarding recruitment. Its criminal.
    We got to Uefa cup final. The next season Lawwell came in. We gradually just got worse and worse.

Financially we are in an ok position but its very much by him playing it safe. He hasnt done anything anyone in this forum couldnt have achieved.

We have suffered on the park for it at times.

Poblacht

We got to Uefa cup final. The next season Lawwell came in. We gradually just got worse and worse.

Financially we are in an ok position but its very much by him playing it safe. He hasnt done anything anyone in this forum couldnt have achieved.

We have suffered on the park for it at times.
    Its the bit when he got asked on Celtic TV a day after we got fucked out of the CL qualifers against Maribor why there is a lack of ambition within the Club his perfect cop-out reply is "When players like Ross McCormack goes for ú11m we can't compete"

Right, who the fuck is asking us to 'compete' with úPL inflated prices? It's complete nonsense, pish, just more deflections on not investing into quality.

Aye or the we dont want to die lke Zombies pish.

There are plenty of players available for reasonable prices from other leagues.

Fuck sake we refused to pay 4mil for Onyekuru. Rate him or not if he is a target then that price being out of reach is a joke.

Poblacht

Aye or the we dont want to die lke Zombies pish.

There are plenty of players available for reasonable prices from other leagues.

Fuck sake we refused to pay 4mil for Onyekuru. Rate him or not if he is a target then that price being out of reach is a joke.
    Yup. I say this to the conditioned element of the support; Lawwell gets an úPL salary yet regurgitates simultaneously that investing in úPL inflated players are WELL out of reach. Majority of the times, no answer. A classic reflection of the Lawwell indoctrination is just before we signed Rodgers there was a tsunami of "We cannae afford Rodgers". Well, I wonder who these cunts want in the dugout because I can categorcially state Rodgers is our Manager. Its became an ocult with Lawwell and its disturbing. I wouldn't even be any bit of suprised if I seen Celtic supporters literally greeting outside Parkhead when he leaves, with the various shouts of "wur gonnae die, wur gonnae end up like Rainjurs", im deadly serious by the way.