Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unpopular opinions

Default Re: Unpopular opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Keano_7 View Post
    Samaras was quality for us with a few bad days. Thing is with Celtic fans in general the bad games get blown way out of proportion and sort of nullify the good days. Boruc being up for discussion being another example.
    He was utterly shite with a few decent games.

Forster for us was much better than Boruc. Not even close tbh.

McGeady was pish.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
    McGeady was pish.
    Think most would agree. Commons arrived in the same season he left and showed him exactly what end product is all about. I always believed him to be mentally lacking as much as anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by pual View Post
    Ma baws. Artur was on another level altogether. His last season clouds too many Tim's judgments.

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

People moaned about McGeady's end product because he'd take it past 3 people then not put in an inch perfect cross (which most people define as a cross a striker gets on the end of, regardless of what the actual cross is like). Meanwhile cunts who didnt even get the chance to put a cross in because they werent able to take it past anyone escaped the criticism.
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    People moaned about McGeady's end product because he'd take it past 3 people then not put in an inch perfect cross (which most people define as a cross a striker gets on the end of, regardless of what the actual cross is like). Meanwhile cunts who didnt even get the chance to put a cross in because they werent able to take it past anyone escaped the criticism.
    I was thinking more goals to be fair and it is perfectly valid. He must have played the Huns abut a dozen time and scored one pen. Commons was banging them in against them from the first season onward. Aiden was probably more talented than him but just doesn't have that winning mentality, or confidence to say right I am going to shoot here rather than pass. For all of Commons goals he would put another six over the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    Ma baws. Artur was on another level altogether. His last season clouds too many Tim's judgments.
    Boruc was good for us for the first 18 months and thats it. He made a fair amount of mistakes in big games for us as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    I always believed him to be mentally lacking as much as anything else.
    Aye, I think it was more this that bugged me about him, rather than his ability. He seemed to be a moany wee cunt and let the head go down often if things didn't go his way. Not the attitude you want from a professional player.

Always felt being a winger for Celtic was a thankless job. McGeady was class for us at all levels. Then it became an expectation everytime he touched the ball for it to turn to gold.

Same last year with sinclair people are like wow decent player. This year heard so many saying he is off the boil lol

16 games 10 goals from the wing ffs. Moany bastards.
    Has anyone seen my facts??

Lofty said Jameeys maw loves dick but Loftys maw choked on her sick.

Quote Originally Posted by pual View Post
    Not when he first came. He did become better after 2 seasons.

Boruc was top class. Cunts said he was fat and finished cos he dropped a few in the SPL.

The he went to Fiorentina and took Sebastien Freys place who was a top quality keeper. Even now he still gets games in the EPL

Would probably take Craig Gordons place still lol.

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    Always felt being a winger for Celtic was a thankless job. McGeady was class for us at all levels. Then it became an expectation everytime he touched the ball for it to turn to gold.

Same last year with sinclair people are like wow decent player. This year heard so many saying he is off the boil lol

16 games 10 goals from the wing ffs. Moany bastards.
    Agree with the first part, but don't think the two situations are comparable at all. People used to actually give McGeady dog's abuse and slag him off to this day. Not really the same as people recognising Sinclair wasn't anywhere near as good toward the end of the season as he was the rest of it. Doesn't matter that he still scored he was also missing loads of sitters.

Aye but im saying thats the nature of that position. Your jobs hard. To open up play in tight spaces. Its not always going to pull off.

Sinclair even when on form missed plenty of sitters its just the better u play the higher the expectation gets.

So lets take an average game for sinclair and lets say Hayes had the same level of performance.

It would be said hayes played out his skin and sinclair was average.

Its only average based on how high u raised the bar for yourself.

Like if Messi scored just 35 one season people would say he was finished cos he didnt hit 50 goals.