Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unpopular opinions

Default Unpopular opinions

Which Celtic player/players now or in the past have you absolutely thought was beyond pish yet the majority of fans seemed to stick up for or like at the time?

One i remember, clear as day how pish he was, Josh Thompson. Absolutely the slowest cunt i have ever seen haha. Scored a few headers and people thought he was the next McNeill for a few weeks.

Also what players did u really like which were not very popular? Apart from Griffiths at the start for me I thought Berget was really dangerous through the middle and him getting played on the left was daft as fuck.

Except Scott Brown Pual ha
    Has anyone seen my facts??

Lofty said Jameeys maw loves dick but Loftys maw choked on her sick.

Default Re: Unpopular opinions

I don't think he was pish but the love for Boruc always amazed me. A keeper who made a lot of mistakes and a fair few of them in big games for us. I think, like Brown, he got a lot of love for his actions rather than his ability.

On his day he could be good of course but nowhere near what folk gave him the credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by pual View Post
    I don't think he was pish but the love for Boruc always amazed me. A keeper who made a lot of mistakes and a fair few of them in big games for us. I think, like Brown, he got a lot of love for his actions rather than his ability.

On his day he could be good of course but nowhere near what folk gave him the credit for.
    That's actually a good shout, he made a lot of high profile mistakes but the fans loved him for the whole ''Hollie Goalie'' thing

Could have been a lot of shite but an old mate knew the concierge in the apartment block he lived and he claimed never to have seen so many empty Vodka bottles in his life!

He claimed to get a back hander for ''discreetly'' disposing the bin bags from Borucs apartment, he was so discreet he sat in pub telling every cunt about it.

Poblacht

Robertson is better than Tierney

Quote Originally Posted by Poblacht View Post
    I don't agree, Robertson's a good player, both excellent going forward but I think Tierney is already far better defensively and will continue to improve.

I think Lustig is and always has been very average

Poblacht

Majority of people are under the illusion that the Media and Governments are infallible.

So conditioned that foreign countries are riddled with ‘dictators’ while their very own government is violating international law left right centre for oil.

Can’t be true though because the Media and Government never said it is.

In fact im that disturbed with the retardation that if the BBC fired up an article or breaking news that they found Red Nose the fucking Reindeer bones in the Highlands they would believe it.
    Last edited by Poblacht; 09-10-2017 at 05:46 PM.

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

lol I wondered how long it would be before Jameey steered the thread off into one of his mongo rants. Was genuinely surprised he managed one post about football!
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

In fact im that disturbed with the retardation that if the BBC fired up an article or breaking news that they found Red Nose the fucking Reindeer bones in the Highlands they would believe it.
    That's just fucking stupid, everyone knows Rudolph is still alive!

Cunt, trying to spoil my g/kids Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by pual View Post

That is an extreme amount of pish right there. Boruc was the best keeper we'd seen at the club for a long time, that coupled with the Huns hatred of him he became a true celt.

His professionalism may have been an issue, I'm not talking about winding up opposition fans, I mean that his last season with us he was a fat bastard, and it was this season we saw his mistakes roll out. The 3\4 years before that got him his legendary status, and deservedly so.
    Last edited by Keano_7; 09-10-2017 at 06:15 PM.

Who's that?

Yeah Boruc was fucking brilliant. Guy is still doing a job in the PL at 37 ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by jquinn View Post
    I think Lustig is and always has been very average
    Invincible for 2 different clubs and swedens right back for the majority of his career.

Very very average indeed.

tbf by its very nature this thread is going to attract some stupid as fuck posts, that's what it's asking for.

I guess my unpopular opinion is that a striker hasn't had a good game just because he's scored and a defender/keeper hasn't just because they haven't conceded. And manager's haven't just because they won

Poblacht

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    And manager's haven't just because they won
    Don’t know if I agree with this considering Footballs a result industry and winning is what makes it enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Keano_7 View Post
    Invincible for 2 different clubs and swedens right back for the majority of his career.

Very very average indeed.
    Haha, Majstorovic got into the Sweden squad.

Poblacht

Yeah Boruc was fucking brilliant. Guy is still doing a job in the PL at 37 ffs.
    I think any one could do a job in the úPL if im honest. That doesn’t hinder Boruc in any way because hes class, I just dont buy into the bullshit that the úPL is in any way the standard they propagate through Sky.

Don’t know if I agree with this considering Footballs a result industry and winning is what makes it enjoyable.
    Two games, exactly the same except in one the referee gives the penalty where the winner is scored and in the other he doesnt. By your logic the manager has done a better job in the first example than the second. I don't agree. The Scotland game on Thurs was a good example too: terrible team selection and subs by Strachan but Scotland win thanks to an OG. Has he done a good job there?

I think any one could do a job in the úPL if im honest. That doesn’t hinder Boruc in any way because hes class, I just dont buy into the bullshit that the úPL is in any way the standard they propagate through Sky.
    It's not but that doesn't mean it isn't home to lots of top strikers, and if Boruc can still be first choice at 37 he was obviously pretty good in his prime

lol I wondered how long it would be before Jameey steered the thread off into one of his mongo rants. Was genuinely surprised he managed one post about football!
    To be fair he pointed out in another thread he doesn't actually like fitba

Poblacht

Two games, exactly the same except in one the referee gives the penalty where the winner is scored and in the other he doesnt. By your logic the manager has done a better job in the first example than the second. I don't agree. The Scotland game on Thurs was a good example too: terrible team selection and subs by Strachan but Scotland win thanks to an OG. Has he done a good job there?
    No, dont even try and use an misunderstanding and applying logic to it. You’ve went completely irrational over it. I took my answer from Mourinho, and yes I read a lot of Managerial shite. I dont like Strachans style of play even though he got to two last 16s and 3 in a row. He ticked the boxes on the stuff he needed to do. He was in the job because of the results. Now, in Scotland he should be sacked due to his results: he failed in two and a half campaigns, how on earth does that constitue another contract? So by logic, right? Failure is rewarded and Scotland as a nation rewards itself on failure. That in no way is progressive. No he hasn’t done a good job because he never qualified.

Tell you what is hard to admit, Walter Smith is a good Manager because ge set up ugly and go to a European Final with the Deadco. Mourinho did the same with Inter, did the same with Man Utd in the Europa League by quadripling the wingbacks throughout the campaign and relying on Rashfords counter attack.

Maybe Rodgers, as iv stated on here, could look through finals and implement counter systems because at one point we beat Barca doing it.

It's not but that doesn't mean it isn't home to lots of top strikers, and if Boruc can still be first choice at 37 he was obviously pretty good in his prime
    Theres a handful of Top Strikers in there. Boruc was at one point one of Europes best Keepers, his ability reflects this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast