Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing?

Default Re: Boxing?

Quote Originally Posted by dan123y View Post
    Duboxone was manufactured as an opiate blocker, but us junkies just crushed them and snorted them, more of a prison thing, but it coukld you nodding off quicker than heroin. Very dangerous drug. Just do a google search...since yu make me do the leg work...hahhaa.

Thanks for being respectful
    Aye where's the link dan???
    Aye know a lad that used to crush and snort subutext for same reason. Same lad would go out on his daily shoplifting with foil, brown & matches plugged up his arse in case he got caught that day, as much as you downplay your experience it could have been a lot worse and longer, you've done well man

This thread has gone from ridiculous to fantastic.

My grandpa fought in the Pacific in WWII and came back with some issues and turned to booze. He was an alcoholic for a long time, but ended up kicking the habit when my dad was a teenager. He became pretty high up in the management of AA, but battles depression his whole life and eventually killed himself when I was 8 or 9.

I've always liked to have a few drinks, but his story has always been in the back of my mind.

Tahanks Niall, and I hope uou understand my sincerety, Nothing more I love to see is anothe rperson turing himself/herself around liek that. Really does make me feel great that yu are not going to be another depressive statistic.

If what it takes for you is to be extra vigilante, Then do whatecver it takes..

Preaching astrophysics to anyone who would listen? Hahahaha. I can relate.

How long sober now again mate?
    It's actually 26 months today
    It's not the creed or nationality that counts, it's the man himself

Celtic - more than just a club

Oh, Leah is a slapper, she wears a pushup bra, and when she shags McGregor, she thinks of Wanyama

Quote Originally Posted by Poblacht View Post
    Jesus Christ.

Do you think WW2 caused this?
    Hard to say since I wasn't around at the time, but it certainly didn't help

Yeah, stay away from anything like that, tranqs etc (ketamine and the like). I know a lot of huys rattled matrazapine a night or two before they got libbed as they were too excited to sleep. Im tea total now though. They catch up with you in the end, some things the drugs fo to you, you simply never recover from.

You still dabble in anything?
    Nah, mate. Uppers on occasion, but only a few times a year now if that even. Smoke and drink sometimes. Once a week or so.

Crack was just like a 15 minuite panic attack. lol
    Can vouch for this. Tried it once or twice a long time ago. No danger are you getting hooked from one smoke of that shite.

All your cunts lives are took right out of pogues lyrics hahaha
    Has anyone seen my facts??

Lofty said Jameeys maw loves dick but Loftys maw choked on her sick.

Jesus Christ.

Do you think WW2 caused this?
    No, it's purely a cultural thing, im sure the Japanese and German troops saw as many horrors as the allied troops did but don't think they have anything like the problem with especially alcohol.

I've had a house here in Spain for 17/18 years and lived here. About12 years now and apart from one particular guy I could count on my one hand how many heavily drunk Spanish people I've seen.
    For them it's social, something to do while out or meeting up but not the reason for being there , it's not unusual to be sitting in a cafe/ bar and maybe 3 or 4 young lads come in and order beers and tapas, sit maybe an hour talking and eating then leave with all their glasses still half full!

We have two grandkids and have had the baptism parties and birthday parties every year, use the same restaurant, it's normal here for an "open" bar , the waiters come round bringing tapas and replenishing drinks.
    The Spanish sit happily with a couple of drinks over the 3/4/5 hours while every occasion we've had British friends on their knees in the toilets being sick and other falling about and fighting

The whole attitude to drinking is completely different, the Spanish are filling their faces with tapas all day and our side are doing the same with booze, sort of balance each other out

Quote Originally Posted by Wgs3inarow View Post
    No, it's purely a cultural thing, im sure the Japanese and German troops saw as many horrors as the allied troops did but don't think they have anything like the problem with especially alcohol.

I've had a house here in Spain for 17/18 years and lived here. About12 years now and apart from one particular guy I could count on my one hand how many heavily drunk Spanish people I've seen.
    For them it's social, something to do while out or meeting up but not the reason for being there , it's not unusual to be sitting in a cafe/ bar and maybe 3 or 4 young lads come in and order beers and tapas, sit maybe an hour talking and eating then leave with all their glasses still half full!

We have two grandkids and have had the baptism parties and birthday parties every year, use the same restaurant, it's normal here for an "open" bar , the waiters come round bringing tapas and replenishing drinks.
    The Spanish sit happily with a couple of drinks over the 3/4/5 hours while every occasion we've had British friends on their knees in the toilets being sick and other falling about and fighting

The whole attitude to drinking is completely different, the Spanish are filling their faces with tapas all day and our side are doing the same with booze, sort of balance each other out
    This is true. In a football sense its also why we cant produce quality players in a higher number.

How often are sides good at youth level and then hit that age. Party age.

So many quality and i mean really quality young players hit the booze and that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    This is true. In a football sense its also why we cant produce quality players in a higher number.

How often are sides good at youth level and then hit that age. Party age.

So many quality and i mean really quality young players hit the booze and that was it.
    Yeh, last night took g/ kids park and dozens of kids there playing football, must have been about 6 or 7 balls all being played with at same time.
    But all the parents milling round with sandwiches and juices and joining in whereas in U.K.
    Most the parents would probably be out or at home drinking on a Saturday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Wgs3inarow View Post
    Yeh, last night took g/ kids park and dozens of kids there playing football, must have been about 6 or 7 balls all being played with at same time.
    But all the parents milling round with sandwiches and juices and joining in whereas in U.K.
    Most the parents would probably be out or at home drinking on a Saturday night.
    People dont realise the dangers of bravado here. Everycunt acting invincible. Life doesnt give a fuck who u think u are.

I mind i was abroad in France when i done coaching for a wee bit. Roasting day and there was this huge hill. Seen this frail 70 odd year old guy. I thought fuck he is going to die going up that hill.

He got his bike and cycles up like cutting through butter. Then i thought about 30 year olds here who literally couldnt do that. Shocking.

I can only imagine what thats like knowing that. That must be hard having that in you for the rest of your life.

See, I don’t think this is a coincidence and I can only go with my experience, out my way its full of these ex-Brits thats fought in Argentina, Ireland, Gibralter, Iraq etc but the only place you see them is in there Boozers. All of them walk the same style, 70s 80s haircut, grim looking, serial killer stance, just all round looking terrrorist scum. Hate the bastards, but their is no doubt these sort of people are in a state of dehumanisation due to their enviroment and its became cultural. Drinking, consuming the media, read the Sun, work, back to drinking, consuming the media etc a complete sterile lifestyle… Manufactuered to the highest level. No Independent thought just pure British Unionism by design and their comfort is trying to drink away PTSD and other effects.
    Yeah, PTSD is a real thing. The suicide rate for soldiers in the U.S. is more than double the rest of the population.

Quote Originally Posted by jquinn View Post
    Yeah, PTSD is a real thing. The suicide rate for soldiers in the U.S. is more than double the rest of the population.
    Seems similar with U.K. Forces

More British soldiers and veterans took their own lives in 2012 than died fighting the Taliban in Afghanistan over the same period.
    BBC Panorama learned that 21 serving soldiers killed themselves last year, along with 29 veterans.
    The Afghanistan death toll was 44, of whom 40 died in action.
    Some of the soldiers' families say the men did not get enough support. The Ministry of Defence (MoD) said every suicide was a "tragedy".
    The Panorama programme obtained the figure of 21 through a Freedom of Information request to the MoD.
    The MoD said that rates of suicide and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) within the serving military were lower than comparative rates in the civilian population.
    Seven serving soldiers have been confirmed as having killed themselves last year, and inquests are pending for a further 14 deaths where suicide is suspected.
    The British government, unlike its American counterpart, does not record the suicide rate among ex-soldiers.
    Love to know the suicide figures for the countries being attacking and civilian areas that were carpet bombed for weeks at a time.
    Last edited by Wgs3inarow; 08-10-2017 at 03:12 PM.

Watch Restrepo and Korengal and you will understand PTSD. Totally changed my views on military those documentaries. Really drives home just how much they are nothing but mere pawns.

My uncles mates told me his granda was in ww2. Caught and tortured by japs.

Later in life he had delusions the japs were coming to get him. He set up a trap and electrocuted the postman lol

I think he became fine after some help but japs musta done a good job on him.

Their choice to become a pawn. No respect for that nonsense just pure terrorism.
    Nah, fuck that. Watch the documentaries before coming out with your absolute statements.

James Connolly was once a pawn.

Their choice to become a pawn. No respect for that nonsense just pure terrorism.
    Traditionally it's the poor with little other career choices that enlist, feel sorry for them

He was, he learned from it and became an icon.

I have no sympathy for people who carry out illegal wars. They deserve everything they get. I pity seeing young Brits getting flown back in a Apron coffin. Thats not even a life thats a fucking helmet.
    So Connolly deserved to die?

Think about what you are saying for a minute.

Young men who have been brought up a certain way are sent off to war before they even have a chance to form their own world view. Even at your age I guarantee your politics will be completely different in five years.

Watch the documentaries.

Try saying that to Iraqis or Irish thats been murdered by them for fuck all.
    There are Iraqi pawns too. Their army is a fighting a war against their own people.