Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 69

Thread: Solidarity with Espana.

  1. #21
    Celtic Legend Wgs3inarow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Espana

    Default Re: Solidarity with Espana.

    It was only Catalonia that voted for that 90% support,,, my point was the area I live in southern Spain were not that interested and actually showed a lot of support to the police and government.
    I never said I agreed it was only my perception of local Spanish opinions

  2. #22

    Default Re: Solidarity with Espana.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wgs3inarow View Post
    It was only Catalonia that voted for that 90% support,,, my point was the area I live in southern Spain were not that interested and actually showed a lot of support to the police and government.
    I never said I agreed it was only my perception of local Spanish opinions
    Yes because its 2 different things. Why would anyone other than Catalans get a vote on it?

    Thats like Wales having a vote on Scottish referendum just cos its in the UK

    So if 90% of Catalan people want to split from Spain they should be free to and not held against their will

    The opinions of other Spanish people are irrelevant.
    Has anyone seen my facts??

    Lofty said Jameeys maw loves dick but Loftys maw choked on her sick.

  3. #23

    Default Re: Solidarity with Espana.

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post

    So if 90% of Catalan people want to split from Spain they should be free to and not held against their will

    The opinions of other Spanish people are irrelevant.
    Wasn't even 50% per cent of Catalans who voted.

    And opinion of Spaniards is everything. If they favoured Catalan self-determination the state would let it happen.

  4. #24
    Celtic Legend Wgs3inarow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Espana

    Default Re: Solidarity with Espana.

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    Yes because its 2 different things. Why would anyone other than Catalans get a vote on it?

    Thats like Wales having a vote on Scottish referendum just cos its in the UK

    So if 90% of Catalan people want to split from Spain they should be free to and not held against their will

    The opinions of other Spanish people are irrelevant.
    possibly right but I wasn't arguing against it I was only highlighting the lack of interest in the rest of Spain.
    Daughter in law and family are strong Catalan , hate Madrid government, unfair distribution of taxes etc. but not one of them have any interest in independence.
    Funnily enough just this term after 600 years ? Catalan has become a must take subject in schools.

  5. #25

    Default Re: Solidarity with Espana.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wgs3inarow View Post
    muy malo (very bad)
    You could have just typed "very bad" without preceding it with the "muy malo".

    You have achieved nothing here, but waste yours and everyone's time.
    The thumb - proving Lofty and lolercoaster wrong since 2014

  6. #26
    Celtic Legend niall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Republican South Manchester

    Default Re: Solidarity with Espana.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    Wasn't even 50% per cent of Catalans who voted.

    And opinion of Spaniards is everything. If they favoured Catalan self-determination the state would let it happen.
    Did the opinion of the rest of the uk matter in the Scottish Indy ref?
    It's not the creed or nationality that counts, it's the man himself

    Celtic - more than just a club

    1312

    Oh, Leah is a slapper, she wears a pushup bra, and when she shags McGregor, she thinks of Wanyama

  7. #27
    Celtic Legend Wgs3inarow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Espana

    Default Re: Solidarity with Espana.

    Quote Originally Posted by dan123y View Post
    You could have just typed "very bad" without preceding it with the "muy malo".

    You have achieved nothing here, but waste yours and everyone's time.
    Sorry to waste your time, I'm ok with wasting mine, but would if yours was so precious why waste more by replying

  8. #28

    Default Re: Solidarity with Espana.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    Wasn't even 50% per cent of Catalans who voted.

    And opinion of Spaniards is everything. If they favoured Catalan self-determination the state would let it happen.
    90% ..

    Police violence etc. Maybe many werent going to turn up to a vote they knew the Spanish gov would not recognise.

    Fact is though for first 50% who voted it was 90%. So unless the next 50% are 90% no voters which we know wouldnt be the case

    Then Catalan would still win the vote.

  9. #29

    Default Re: Solidarity with Espana.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wgs3inarow View Post
    possibly right but I wasn't arguing against it I was only highlighting the lack of interest in the rest of Spain.
    Daughter in law and family are strong Catalan , hate Madrid government, unfair distribution of taxes etc. but not one of them have any interest in independence.
    Funnily enough just this term after 600 years ? Catalan has become a must take subject in schools.
    Same way loads of tims voted no. Even republicans etc. Not liking your government and yet wanting to remain is probably ridiculous. Fear based almost. People are scared of change.

  10. #30

    Default Re: Solidarity with Espana.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wgs3inarow View Post
    Sorry to waste your time, I'm ok with wasting mine, but would if yours was so precious why waste more by replying
    To be a dick.

  11. #31

    Default Re: Solidarity with Espana.

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    90% ..

    Police violence etc. Maybe many werent going to turn up to a vote they knew the Spanish gov would not recognise.

    Fact is though for first 50% who voted it was 90%. So unless the next 50% are 90% no voters which we know wouldnt be the case

    Then Catalan would still win the vote.
    Very good point. Valid reason as to why other may not have showed up and they would still win the vote anyway.

    Should be independent. The police brutality was terrible.

  12. #32
    Celtic Legend Wgs3inarow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Espana

    Default Re: Solidarity with Espana.

    Quote Originally Posted by dan123y View Post
    To be a dick.
    You succeeded

  13. #33

    Default Re: Solidarity with Espana.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wgs3inarow View Post
    You succeeded
    I'm good at it.

  14. #34
    Celtic Legend Wgs3inarow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Espana

    Default Re: Solidarity with Espana.

    Quote Originally Posted by dan123y View Post
    I'm good at it.
    I've noticed

  15. #35

    Default Re: Solidarity with Espana.

    Quote Originally Posted by niall View Post
    Did the opinion of the rest of the uk matter in the Scottish Indy ref?
    Depends on the context. At the time it didn't matter because the English were ambivalent.

    I am for Catalan independence obviously. As ever though I won't just be joining a circle jerk.

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    90% ..

    Police violence etc. Maybe many werent going to turn up to a vote they knew the Spanish gov would not recognise.

    Fact is though for first 50% who voted it was 90%. So unless the next 50% are 90% no voters which we know wouldnt be the case

    Then Catalan would still win the vote.
    I think they would too, but the point remains that when half of your electorate don't turn out for something then you don't really have the right to claim victory.

  16. #36

    Default Re: Solidarity with Espana.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    Depends on the context. At the time it didn't matter because the English were ambivalent.

    I am for Catalan independence obviously. As ever though I won't just be joining a circle jerk.



    I think they would too, but the point remains that when half of your electorate don't turn out for something then you don't really have the right to claim victory.
    As i said why the fuck would they turn up to get smashed with police weapons and rubber bullets when the gov will just ignore it.

    U find it a discouraging factor that "only" 40 odd % turned up.

    Its actually the total opposite. Its a huge factor that as high a number turned out knowing their vote wont count and knowing the violent treatment they face.

  17. #37
    Celtic Legend Wgs3inarow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Espana

    Default Re: Solidarity with Espana.

    Quote Originally Posted by Poblacht View Post
    I wouldnt even bother with him, mate. His souptaking should be treated with contempt.
    searching about websites calling total strangers mate, desperate stuff, mate!

  18. #38
    Celtic Legend niall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Republican South Manchester

    Default Re: Solidarity with Espana.

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    90% ..

    Police violence etc. Maybe many werent going to turn up to a vote they knew the Spanish gov would not recognise.

    Fact is though for first 50% who voted it was 90%. So unless the next 50% are 90% no voters which we know wouldnt be the case

    Then Catalan would still win the vote.
    90% of 42%. That's 37.8% yes. Nowhere near a majority. 4.2% voted no. There's still 58% we don't know about.

  19. #39
    Celtic Legend niall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Republican South Manchester

    Default Re: Solidarity with Espana.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    Depends on the context. At the time it didn't matter because the English were ambivalent.

    I am for Catalan independence obviously. As ever though I won't just be joining a circle jerk.



    I think they would too, but the point remains that when half of your electorate don't turn out for something then you don't really have the right to claim victory.
    Surely the rest of Spain does matter tho if they are absolutely against Catalan independence

  20. #40

    Default Re: Solidarity with Espana.

    Quote Originally Posted by niall View Post
    90% of 42%. That's 37.8% yes. Nowhere near a majority. 4.2% voted no. There's still 58% we don't know about.
    37.8% out of 42 is huge

    There isn't a chance u would have the same % of no voters in the remaining 58. So arguing this point is pointless. Catalans clearly want indy.

    Also this idea that 42% turn up it shouldnt count is also nonsense. The rest have the opportunity to turn up. If they dont vote then thats their choice and that is democracy.

    The ones who did take part in democracy shouldnt be punished for those who didnt bother.

    Not overlooking the fact the police were smashig cunts heads in and their gov for the 2nd time telling them it doesnt count. So clearly that would remove another 20% of voters at least.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •