Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2017-18 Injuries Thread

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

Default Re: 2017-18 Injuries Thread

I didnt really mean it as a criticism of him, I just think with being out that long and Roberts out (and presumably gone next year) we will get another winger in either Jan or the Summer and he'll be knocked further down the pecking order. Prob get loaned back to Aberdeen.

It's pretty cruel on him given he had just scored his first goal and could have kicked on from there, but he should have played better in the few chances he was given.
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    I didnt really mean it as a criticism of him, I just think with being out that long and Roberts out (and presumably gone next year) we will get another winger in either Jan or the Summer and he'll be knocked further down the pecking order. Prob get loaned back to Aberdeen.

It's pretty cruel on him given he had just scored his first goal and could have kicked on from there, but he should have played better in the few chances he was given.
    Aye. I am in agreement with you. We have been quite lucky with how well Forrest has played in that role. We have not missed Paddy at all. So that's been a blessing for us.

When Paddy goes next year (do you think he will?) We should really get another face in there. Right now, transfer wise, we should be looking to pump most of the money into defence and a keeper. I think we can work with what we have in an attacking sense, then look to increase the attacking quality next time around. Defence needs to be a priority (off topic a bit there lol)

Well, its not that cruel in my opinion and like you rightly said, the guy has had numerous chances and, to be honest, I have found it painful to watch him at times. Except in the game against Aberdeen, were I actually thought he played quite well - then he got injured llol.

But we wont miss him, I dont think. Unless we end up losing wee Jamsey Bhoy too.
    The thumb - proving Lofty and lolercoaster wrong since 2014

Quote Originally Posted by dan123y View Post
    Aye. I am in agreement with you. We have been quite lucky with how well Forrest has played in that role. We have not missed Paddy at all. So that's been a blessing for us.
    People will say that just because Forrest is doing well, but Roberts is still better. We'd have scored a few vs Hearts if we had him, as he always ruined them.

People will say that just because Forrest is doing well, but Roberts is still better. We'd have scored a few vs Hearts if we had him, as he always ruined them.
    You like to bleat on about form so surely you can see Jamesy deserves to be in ahead of Roberts? Who scored one goal all season.

Aye, I still believe Paddy is a better player. I'm just meaning that James has put in a little bit more effort than we usually see of him and that has helped in the absence of Paddy.

Paddy is the better player, but both offer different things, which is great for subs and changing things up coming in or out from that right position.

Paddy has that amazing cut-in and dribbling through cunts and nice pass or goal.

Forrest gives you that explosive pace and the odd goal etc. However, I did notice this season that he has done a lot more cutting in and hits that shot with the outside of his foot.

We have been quite fortunate. I believe we have a nice attacking style, if we could just defend better, we could really stand a chance in this EL.

Speaking of that, what do you think of Compper? Will he be in the first team or what? I don't know what is going on with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    You like to bleat on about form so surely you can see Jamesy deserves to be in ahead of Roberts? Who scored one goal all season.
    Of course he does. But based on the fact Roberts is a far more talented player it's reasonable to assume that had he not got injured he'd have gone back to playing to a far higher standard than Forrest.

Of course he does. But based on the fact Roberts is a far more talented player it's reasonable to assume that had he not got injured he'd have gone back to playing to a far higher standard than Forrest.
    He hadn't been playing at a very high level at all this season when fit.

He hadn't been playing at a very high level at all this season when fit.
    Yeah and that's what justified Forrest getting more game time. Seems unlikely that Roberts will now spend the rest of his career being an inferior player to Forrest though.

Yeah and that's what justified Forrest getting more game time. Seems unlikely that Roberts will now spend the rest of his career being an inferior player to Forrest though.
    Aye, most would probably back Paddy to have the better career.

That said if Jamesy keeps up this current form and becomes a 15 goal a season winger than who knows.

I feel Paddy is teh better player, but also, Forrest has improved a great deal.

Its a great situation for us to have this sort of competition happening on the right.

Like I said earlier as well, both players provide different attributes. JF = explosive speed, set-up, goals + PR = dribble, cut-ins, goals

Its a good thing for us to be debating about.

Does anyone here worry about the left hand side. I mean, we are doing good on the right for now. But what do we do if/when Sinclair gets a bad injury or something. Who can we really depend on, on the left?

Does anyone here worry about the left hand side. I mean, we are doing good on the right for now. But what do we do if/when Sinclair gets a bad injury or something. Who can we really depend on, on the left?
    Johny Hayes. Should be captain actually.

Johny Hayes. Should be captain actually.
    You are joking, aren't you? lol

You are joking, aren't you? lol
    No. Johny is massively underrated. Very handsome man too.

Lol. I feel silly now

You're just missing Keano aren't you and trying to replace him with any old Irishman. You know there's only one Keano for you.

Quote Originally Posted by pual View Post
    You're just missing Keano aren't you and trying to replace him with any old Irishman. You know there's only one Keano for you.
    We are having issues, yes. He expects me to take so much shit, bringing back other guys and coming in at all hours. Best of it all he doesn't even give me much 'gun-time' anymore.

We’ll have Christie back next year as cover for Sinclair and Forrest

Quote Originally Posted by jquinn View Post
    We’ll have Christie back next year as cover for Sinclair and Forrest
    He isnt really a wide player though is he
    Has anyone seen my facts??

Lofty said Jameeys maw loves dick but Loftys maw choked on her sick.

I think we can close the night by sending all our best wishes and prayers to Gentle Johny Hayes. May you convalesce with the strength of fifty leprechauns, Johny.

BRENDAN RODGERS has given a major update on both Patrick Roberts and Tom Rogic as Celtic get prepared for the second half of the season.

The Celtic manager was positive on both players chances of being back playing soon, however, it’s Tom that’s closer to a return at the moment.
    “Pat’s timeline was the end of February,”
    “We were told three months. He’s here and doing straight line running and February remains the aim. If it’s earlier than that then great.
    “We’re waiting to see what’s Tom’s reaction is and we’ll see where he’s at by the end of January.”

Celtic have sorely missed Tom Rogic in the past month and will hopefully be able to call on the Socceroos star for the clubs Europa League tie in mid-February.