Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Celtic European Campaign

Default Celtic European Campaign

The thumb - proving Lofty and lolercoaster wrong since 2014

Default Re: Celtic European Campaign

Assuming we beat the scum over both legs, there are a couple of teams in the next round who I'd want to avoid. I know we beat them last season but we can get Be'er Sheva again. And Malmo though I think we'd beat them this time.

Quote Originally Posted by pual View Post
    Assuming we beat the scum over both legs, there are a couple of teams in the next round who I'd want to avoid. I know we beat them last season but we can get Be'er Sheva again. And Malmo though I think we'd beat them this time.
    I watched the Be'er Sheva second leg again and I honestly didn't remember it being such a bad game for us. Clumsy mistake from Gordon and Janko which I must have completely ignored through the excitement of going through.

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

I'd actually like to get one of the teams that dumped us out in the past

Quote Originally Posted by dan123y View Post
    I watched the Be'er Sheva second leg again and I honestly didn't remember it being such a bad game for us. Clumsy mistake from Gordon and Janko which I must have completely ignored through the excitement of going through.
    It's hands down one of the worst performances I've seen by Celtic. Far, far worse than anything under Deila that's for certain. Like we were so bad I'm surprised we didnt get investigated for match fixing

Not trying to be overly critical since we were great in the first leg and obviously that made the difference in the end
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

Their record in the EL was good. They are a better team that they were given credit for. They knocked out Southampton and Inter Milan and didn't lose a game to either of them. In fact they beat Inter home and away. Saying that, they only won the first leg of their qualifier 2-1 at home to Honved so they might not even get through.

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    I'd actually like to get one of the teams that dumped us out in the past
    It's hands down one of the worst performances I've seen by Celtic. Far, far worse than anything under Deila that's for certain. Like we were so bad I'm surprised we didnt get investigated for match fixing

Not trying to be overly critical since we were great in the first leg and obviously that made the difference in the end
    It was seriously like the Mandela Effect for me. I must have deleted it from my mind altogether. I was so sure we cruised the second leg lol.

No, you are right - it was that bad. However, I also believe we have improved a lot since those early games.

I would like to see us get a team that done us in the past too. Confidence is higher now.

Their record in the EL was good. They are a better team that they were given credit for. They knocked out Southampton and Inter Milan and didn't lose a game to either of them. In fact they beat Inter home and away. Saying that, they only won the first leg of their qualifier 2-1 at home to Honved so they might not even get through.
    Fair points actually.

Ya cheating cunt.

Dundalk or Rosenborg up next. Currently 1-1 with advantage rosenborg, away goal plus home tie next. Would like to see dundalk make it and probably go down for it if the board would like to accept some fucking tickets this time......

But fully expect it to be rosenborg. Nothing to fear either way. The test is the play off round.

So there is an away section set up today at linfield, with no further ticket sales today?? Wtf?

If Dundalk go through, which is a bit unlikely, I guess the match will be played at Tallaght. Unless they have decent floodlights at Oriel Park now, and WiFi in the press box

Quote Originally Posted by Keano_7 View Post
    Dundalk or Rosenborg up next. Currently 1-1 with advantage rosenborg, away goal plus home tie next. Would like to see dundalk make it and probably go down for it if the board would like to accept some fucking tickets this time......

But fully expect it to be rosenborg. Nothing to fear either way. The test is the play off round.
    I see they have Niklas Bentdner playing for them now. No idea how they can afford him as he was on big money in Germany and England.

I see they have Niklas Bentdner playing for them now. No idea how they can afford him as he was on big money in Germany and England.
    Don't worry, Jaameey will explain to us on a spread sheet, with financial and statistical analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Wgs3inarow View Post
    Don't worry, Jaameey will explain to us on a spread sheet, with financial and statistical analysis.
    Simple really, they offer a player a contract if they accept they accept if they dont they dont. Something we don't in terms of calibre of player.

We Did It By Playing Football; Pure, Beautiful, Inventive Football

Think he scored 2 goals all season for forrest? Not sure how accurate that may be bit he wouldn't have scored many more than that.
    Last edited by Keano_7; 14-07-2017 at 12:23 PM.

The fact that Rosenberg have qualified for the CL more times than us just shows how much of a tin pot Board we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameeyy View Post
    The fact that Rosenberg have qualified for the CL more times than us just shows how much of a tin pot Board we have.
    I know, remember when they beat us with 2 Harold bratback goals? if only our board had invested in 1 finnish player, 1 Icelandic player and 9 Norwegian players, instead of
    Starting lineup:

Rab Douglas ,,
    Bobo Balde ,,Joos Valgaeren ,,Johan Mjallby,,
    Didier Agathe ,,Paul Lambert ,,Neil Lennon,,Stilian Petrov ,,Alan Thompson ,,
    Henrik Larson,,Chris Sutton,,
    2 used subs
    john Hartson and Lubo Moravcik

I know, remember when they beat us with 2 Harold bratback goals? if only our board had invested in 1 finnish player, 1 Icelandic player and 9 Norwegian players, instead of
    Starting lineup:

Rab Douglas ,,
    Bobo Balde ,,Joos Valgaeren ,,Johan Mjallby,,
    Didier Agathe ,,Paul Lambert ,,Neil Lennon,,Stilian Petrov ,,Alan Thompson ,,
    Henrik Larson,,Chris Sutton,,
    2 used subs
    john Hartson and Lubo Moravcik
    We shouldn't be getting put out but we did with that squad. Boards resonsible for the Deila situation, that was disgraceful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameeyy View Post
    We shouldn't be getting put out but we did with that squad. Boards resonsible for the Deila situation, that was disgraceful.
    I will give you the Delia one, big fuck up, only good thing to come out is we probably wouldn't have got Rodgers without the Delia fiasco, AND, at most big companies the CEO would have lost his job over that appointment.

He was shite though no matter what money he's on

I will give you the Delia one, big fuck up, only good thing to come out is we probably wouldn't have got Rodgers without the Delia fiasco, AND, at most big companies the CEO would have lost his job over that appointment.
    See, your man Lawwell has been at fault for things I could list that could be put down for a sacking. But he wont be sacked, even if we fucked 10 in a row hed pay himself a massive bonus and salary and I bet you think im joking as well. You might think im outragous stating that people think hes literally a god like figure but in my experience hardly anyone… Literally anyone calls him for what he is even when hes been pointed out for wrong dooings. I've never seen a support so loyal to a Board in my life and this whole Lawwell wank fest is the key problem at our Club.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast