Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window 2017

Default Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017

Quote Originally Posted by dan123y View Post
    Eboue has just got his foot in the door. DOnt know what to expect of him.

Do you think every signing by a manager is going to be perfect. Not even MON's signings were all perfect.
    MON had a lovely smile though

Quote Originally Posted by jake10 View Post
    MON had a lovely smile though
    MON had the type of smile that made you warm and fuzzy inside but Rodgers smile shows great character.
    The thumb - proving Lofty and lolercoaster wrong since 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    5m for a player in that division is pretty mental isnt it? Let's hope it's not another Eboue

Wait I mean er, IN RODGERZ WE TRUST!!
    We turned our nose up at a 6mil tag on Giroud when he was in ligue 2 as well.

League means fuck all. 5 mil is nothing in football either especially for good young players.
    Has anyone seen my facts??

Lofty said Jameeys maw loves dick but Loftys maw choked on her sick.

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dan123y View Post
    Eboue has just got his foot in the door. DOnt know what to expect of him.
    I expect him to look better than he has done in the few appearances he's had, and expected him to force his way into the team sooner given his pricetag

Do you think every signing by a manager is going to be perfect. Not even MON's signings were all perfect.
    No I don't, and this is exactly the point I've made several times. Seems you've at least changed your tune to entertain the fact he doesn't shit gold though
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post

League means fuck all. 5 mil is nothing in football either especially for good young players.
    lol how does the league mean fuck all? The financial environment a club operates in plays a huge part in the transfer fee

Poblacht

Its impossible to engage with Euskadi regarding recruiting, his sole purpose in this topic is to apologise for the Board when we aren't spending the money we have. Instead he likes to mock the fustration regarding the lack of ambition when the moneys there in a position where it requires pushing out the boat a bit. I think its went that far with him over the years on here that I genuinely believe that he sees the lack of ambition as justified… So justified that Lawwell and the Board are infallible… To the point where if he caught Lawwell shagging his Mrs he'd ask him to wear a condom.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameeyy View Post
    Its impossible to engage with Euskadi regarding recruiting, his sole purpose in this topic is to apologise for the Board when we aren't spending the money we have. Instead he likes to mock the fustration regarding the lack of ambition when the moneys there in a position where it requires pushing out the boat a bit. I think its went that far with him over the years on here that I genuinely believe that he sees the lack of ambition as justified… So justified that Lawwell and the Board are infallible… To the point where if he caught Lawwell shagging his Mrs he'd ask him to wear a condom.
    As usual I read the first line of your post and I lose the will to live, at least have the intelligence to wait for the transfer window to close before your ad hominem criticism of the business done during it

lol how does the league mean fuck all? The financial environment a club operates in plays a huge part in the transfer fee
    I meant league means fuck all in terms of ability. Good player is a good player regardless of where they play. So 5 mil for a ligue 2 player isn't a big deal if the manager feela they have what it takes.

I expect him to look better than he has done in the few appearances he's had, and expected him to force his way into the team sooner given his pricetag

No I don't, and this is exactly the point I've made several times. Seems you've at least changed your tune to entertain the fact he doesn't shit gold though
    Lets give Eboue some time to make a mark. I think by mid to end of next season - if he fails to impress - then I will have to agree with you. But he has not had enough time in our regime to be comfortable. He is also young.

I dont think he shits gold. I think he shits platinum. But managers dont get 100 percent success rate in the transfer window and thats just a part of football you have to deal with. He has, however, done some good work in his first season. most notably with Dembele and Sinclair.

Poblacht

Quote Originally Posted by jake10 View Post
    As usual I read the first line of your post and I lose the will to live, at least have the intelligence to wait for the transfer window to close before your ad hominem criticism of the business done during it
    If you lose the will to live you should seek help as for the rest no thanks because nothing changes at Celtic particularly the Strikers position. Just for your reminder we have Champions League qualifiers round the corner and were coming out the window as it stands weaker with Roberts out and Hayes in. But hey, lets wait til all the qualifying games are up by rolling the dice in the CL qualifiers.
    Last edited by Poblacht; 18-06-2017 at 05:13 PM.

Poblacht

All this 'League' rhetoric never came about until Sky Sports invented lucrative TV deals and gave the impression that spunking money into that League determines the quality of others by vilifying and condesending the likes of Dutch League, SPFL, French Leagues and others. Like CelticBhoy stated if the player is determined quality by a Club you pay up the money regardless of the League. I listened to older generation Tims, look over records of transfer fees, read books on the game etc about recruiting a player and none of this 'League' pish ever came about. When Dalglish got bought, Liverpool fans or the Club wasn't under the illusion that 'He can't be that good or this record fee we are paying can't be that high because he plays in the Jock League'. Its fucking nonsense. When we signed Hooper for over 2m when he was playing in the lower leagues did it turn out right that we got him for that price? That our investment was right because he was worth more than that? Of course. Sadly, too many people think from this Sky Sports mentality and with this indoctrination they are unable to think for themselves.

Can only imagine the utter aids that moron is spewing up there god bless anyone who reads it

I meant league means fuck all in terms of ability. Good player is a good player regardless of where they play. So 5 mil for a ligue 2 player isn't a big deal if the manager feela they have what it takes.
    But if a player plays in a division with little money in it the market price of its players is reduced. That's why Wanyama cost 12m and not 20m, why Coleman cost like 300k and why PL players cost way more than they should.

All this 'League' rhetoric never came about until Sky Sports invented lucrative TV deals and gave the impression that spunking money into that League determines the quality of others by vilifying and condesending the likes of Dutch League, SPFL, French Leagues and others. Like CelticBhoy stated if the player is determined quality by a Club you pay up the money regardless of the League. I listened to older generation Tims, look over records of transfer fees, read books on the game etc about recruiting a player and none of this 'League' pish ever came about. When Dalglish got bought, Liverpool fans or the Club wasn't under the illusion that 'He can't be that good or this record fee we are paying can't be that high because he plays in the Jock League'. Its fucking nonsense. When we signed Hooper for over 2m when he was playing in the lower leagues did it turn out right that we got him for that price? That our investment was right because he was worth more than that? Of course. Sadly, too many people think from this Sky Sports mentality and with this indoctrination they are unable to think for themselves.
    You know why johnny Hayes cost 1.3million and not 6m?

That's right, it's because he doesn't have sky sports.

Poblacht

But if a player plays in a division with little money in it the market price of its players is reduced. That's why Wanyama cost 12m and not 20m, why Coleman cost like 300k and why PL players cost way more than they should.
    Nope.

A players value is determind from the Clubs Turnover. Enjoy being educated by this video, because not knowing what the fuck you're posting just shines your consistent ignorance.

Poblacht

Quote Originally Posted by Keano_7 View Post
    You know why johnny Hayes cost 1.3million and not 6m?
    That's right, it's because he doesn't have sky sports.
    No its because Aberdeen pulls in 10-12m a year and he was their top player. He isn't worth more than the Stadium is he?

Keep talking shite.

Nope.

A players value is determind from the Clubs Turnover. Enjoy being educated by this video, because not knowing what the fuck you're posting just shines your consistent ignorance.

I have to say thats a really informative video.

It's the same accounting as any other capital asset.

The reason players come cheaper in shittier leagues is risk. A player is inherently riskier if they have only proven themselves in a bad league and is therefore less valuable.

Nope.

A players value is determind from the Clubs Turnover.
    Do you have a cartoon to explain why you think "the financial environment" of a club is distinct from the club's turnover

Can only imagine the utter aids that moron is spewing up there god bless anyone who reads it

Aye that's true but ligue 2 is probably stronger than the spl financially.

Also the guys age and the clubs interested in him raise his value. Attitude issues aside its the same with onyekuru from that shit belgian side

Unless we get players right deep beneath the radar then we need to pay the going rate if we want them.

Not saying we could have signed them but we didn't even make effort to get the likes of Lewandowski, Huntelaar, and Giroud or even Marc Janko just because the price tags.

This was before they were that well known. In shit leagues but like u say we didnt push the boat out because the league and risk.