Thread: Dundee v Champions

Default Dundee v Champions

We beat them, boyata called up to the Belgian squad so can't see Rodgers dropping him any time soon

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

Default Re: Dundee v Champions

He was mince again today, although basically everyone was. Griffiths should look for a move in the summer.

Rodgers credited Gordon's footwork for the second goal, because he booted it up the park to a midfielder and 5 or 6 passes later we scored
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

Very slow game again, Sinclair and Dembele didn't get going at all. Just another game where we win and keep the run going by doing the bare minimum. But still, the unbeaten run does go on.

P W D L G/F G/A P
    29 27 2 0 76 18 83

Fucking impressive

Not really playing well the now, we miss Rogic, more than we would have thought. Time to give Girf a run, the new guy looked shaky, and Lustic is struggling.
    Not all conspiracies are theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro1888 View Post
    Not really playing well the now, we miss Rogic, more than we would have thought.
    Armstrong has flourished though, I imagine with Rogic back he'd play a deeper role which might not suit.

Amstrong before he got hurt was our best player. He is not quite back yet but what a difference from his first season. I just feel Rogic has the ability to open team up, Amstrong is all running and movement, but Rogic has quick feet at a great touch. Both have been great this season. I wonder if we could accommodate both and give Sincliar a rest he has went off the boil a bit. Both have been great number 10's for us, but a good few look leg weary and flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    He was mince again today, although basically everyone was. Griffiths should look for a move in the summer.

Rodgers credited Gordon's footwork for the second goal, because he booted it up the park to a midfielder and 5 or 6 passes later we scored
    Rodgers was right. Gordon practically scored that goal. A new man, he is.
    The thumb - proving Lofty and lolercoaster wrong since 2014

Here come the hotstepper Lolercoaster's Avatar

We are looking a little rusty and fragile even, as ridiculous as that sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    We are looking a little rusty and fragile even, as ridiculous as that sounds.
    It's because of the unbeaten run. Fragile in the sense we could lose it. If we had lost a few times already this season there'd be no pressure at all because we'd simply be running away with the title and that's it.

I am concerned with the cup game though. Even if we hadn't been cheated out of a victory against them, a 2-1 win after that performance wouldnt have instilled too much confidence

Here come the hotstepper Lolercoaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    It's because of the unbeaten run. Fragile in the sense we could lose it. If we had lost a few times already this season there'd be no pressure at all because we'd simply be running away with the title and that's it.

I am concerned with the cup game though. Even if we hadn't been cheated out of a victory against them, a 2-1 win after that performance wouldnt have instilled too much confidence
    Aye, I know. A few months ago we wouldn't have blinked when Dundee pulled one back but from them on they looked the likelier.

Me too. They won't be dangerous in the sense that this twat is going to have them playing us off the park but they could very well repeat the other week. We need to try and build up momentum and swagger again and play with no inhibitions.

The Huns (like most teams) started to try and play football against us and we tore them apart, Sinclair in particular was deadly given space to run into. Now it's 4 5 1 and get in our face. I think it could be a hard afternoon for us against them. We have the players to win easy, but they have been able to close the game down and reduce it to a physical fight, which suits them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro1888 View Post
    The Huns (like most teams) started to try and play football against us and we tore them apart, Sinclair in particular was deadly given space to run into. Now it's 4 5 1 and get in our face. I think it could be a hard afternoon for us against them. We have the players to win easy, but they have been able to close the game down and reduce it to a physical fight, which suits them.
    If we play smart, off the field, we will "release" a couple of statements along the lines that we want the game refereed properly. A lot of that result at home to them last time was down to Madden not applying the rules properly. If the game was reffed fairly, they would have had at the very least 2 reds and possibly 3. Miller should have went, as should Hill and Waghorn was lucky as well. Iirc Tavernier would also have a case to be sent off as well. Holt was another.

They don't really have the hammer throwers either imo. Bar Miller and Halliday.