Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Season

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

Default Re: Next Season

We should sell Bitton, McGregor and Boyata. Probably Rogic and Henderson too given their lack of game time.
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    We should sell Bitton, McGregor and Boyata. Probably Rogic and Henderson too given their lack of game time.
    Rogic is a starter when fit

Quote Originally Posted by jquinn View Post
    Rogic is a starter when fit
    I'm a big fan but if he's prone to these extensive injuries we should replace.

I'm a big fan but if he's prone to these extensive injuries we should replace.
    I'd wait it out. Jozo had some injury issues, but I'm very happy we didn't sell low on him.

Seems to have been more with Rogic though. Plus we paid a relatively large sum for Jozo. Our midfield is pretty bloated and Rogic is one of the more sellable assets

Seems to have been more with Rogic though. Plus we paid a relatively large sum for Jozo. Our midfield is pretty bloated and Rogic is one of the more sellable assets
    The sum we paid is a sunk cost and shouldn't factor into our decision making. Agreed that we have plenty of options in midfield, but any sales should come from those who aren't first choice when fit.

Quote Originally Posted by jquinn View Post
    The sum we paid is a sunk cost and shouldn't factor into our decision making.
    You'll have to explain this one for me. Surely we should be less reluctant to see a player we have got on a free transfer than one we have paid millions for?

Agreed that we have plenty of options in midfield, but any sales should come from those who aren't first choice when fit.
    He is only first choice if we move Armstrong - one of our best players this season - out of position into a deeper role. Given Armstrong's revival I don't know if Rogic is first choice any more. Remember nobody seems to think he can even last a full game either.

You'll have to explain this one for me. Surely we should be less reluctant to see a player we have got on a free transfer than one we have paid millions for?

He is only first choice if we move Armstrong - one of our best players this season - out of position into a deeper role. Given Armstrong's revival I don't know if Rogic is first choice any more. Remember nobody seems to think he can even last a full game either.
    Sunk cost means that the cost has already been incurred and shouldn't factor into current decision making if your thoughts on the future change. Essentially, if you think Player A will be better than Player B, you ignore the fact that Player B may have cost more. Sports executives fuck this up all the time and end up riding out bad contracts because they aren't able to separate performance from price.

Being linked with Borini now. Good player but sort of at odds with Rodgers' claims of keeping Dembele til 2018, unless it really is personal with Griff and he's getting rid

Being linked with Borini now. Good player but sort of at odds with Rodgers' claims of keeping Dembele til 2018, unless it really is personal with Griff and he's getting rid
    You got a link to this?
    The thumb - proving Lofty and lolercoaster wrong since 2014

Don't want borini, he's struggled to score last few seasons

Quote Originally Posted by jake10 View Post
    aye these signings are dodgey, but for me they can be the type of signings that work in a big way. Look at O'Neills era. signings guys like Sutton who only scored 1 the previous season and Hartson who had ability but ended up at Coventry from Arsenal and West Ham.

I'm not usually for these signings but under the right manager you can bring out the class in a player who has been falling apart and Rodgers is exactly that type of guy.

Not on about Borini specifically but I mean that type of signing who shows promise but hasn't brought out consistency.
    Has anyone seen my facts??

Lofty said Jameeys maw loves dick but Loftys maw choked on her sick.

It's been about 4 seasons borini hasn't scored, for the money we'd have to pay we can find better quality, which Rodgers wants to add, elsewhere. Probably borinis agent put this about as last time he looked good was with Rodgers at Swansea

Though just been reading Sunderland would take 4m for him, he'd be worth that to give us another striker and spend the other 10m on this quality midfielder who can pass, that Rodgers wants

Borini will be on big money. Not sure we would pay what they would want in wages.

Sinclair struggled to not look shit for the past 5 seasons. A Prem player playing well has no reason to join us which is why need to target players like Scotty who have talent but might be struggling in shit teams.

Sinclair struggled to not look shit for the past 5 seasons. A Prem player playing well has no reason to join us which is why need to target players like Scotty who have talent but might be struggling in shit teams.
    It's scotty now, sounds like he's your mate, he spent much of that time trying to get into a epl champion side, borini has struggled to score at Sunderland there is a difference, would still take him at 4m though, he went to Liverpool for 11, wouldn't want to spend anywhere near that on him

It's scotty now, sounds like he's your mate
    He is so wonderful

he spent much of that time trying to get into a epl champion side, borini has struggled to score at Sunderland there is a difference
    There is yeah, but I'm getting the impression you are implying trying t oget into a championship side is somehow not the worse of the two...

Scotty

Borini would probably do well in our set up. Sunderland (like Aston villa) have no style of play, they are both similar in their pishyness
    Last edited by Keano_7; 13-04-2017 at 05:42 PM.

Poblacht

Quote Originally Posted by pual View Post
    Borini will be on big money. Not sure we would pay what they would want in wages.
    Why? ..