Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Next Season

Default Re: Next Season

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    No saying I want Griffiths to go but just get the feeling. Gordon too. Gladly keep them both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jameeyy View Post
    Going to throw this out but I think this will be our best season under Rodgers. You can't get any better on the domestic front if we win the Treble. But Europe… Can't see us progressing. 4th in the Group Stages again I think.
    For me Griffiths is at an age in which he should be playing first team. His record speaks for itself and he could score in Europe no bother if given a proper chance.

However many other strikers can also do this and it seems he is not fancied here as main man so imo he should go. Would be a shame though as he could have became a much more memorable figure at the club.

Jameey i agree kind of. I do think we will se progress in europe. Not dramatic improvements but promising steps. Its year 3 i think it will click better and rodgers earns his bronze statue.
    Has anyone seen my facts??

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

jquinn nailed it really. The main factor in whether we get to the L16 or bottom of the group is the draw. The amount of investment needed to become a reliable L16 team regardless of the draw is pretty big and you still have to contend with the seeing/coeff business which is a huge handicap
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    Jameey i agree kind of. I do think we will se progress in europe. Not dramatic improvements but promising steps. Its year 3 i think it will click better and rodgers earns his bronze statue.
    I can't see it. That game in Germany showed it for me. Although it was a draw which is a good result we can't do any better. McGregor shiting it to slot away an away win in front of goal is simply unacceptable. We haven't got it imo.

We Did It By Playing Football; Pure, Beautiful, Inventive Football

Here come the hotstepper Lolercoaster's Avatar

Brendan will win the CL with us and the ten.

Quote Originally Posted by pual View Post
    Depends if the club are prepared to invest in quality or not. When we brought in Sinclair and Toure (even though he's not worked out), it looked like we were. There's been not much since. Was good to see BR making the comments about needing a good midfielder for the CL. However, I'm not convinced we will be bringing in anyone who's reasonably established.
    Thats what im thinking as well. We could do with a player like Kramer or something like that.

When we are on course for our best domestic season ever then, aye, fair to say Brendan or any other manager won't manage to eclipse it anytime soon. We are living in special times.

I disagree on Europe and fully expect if Brendan stays a few years we would at least once get out the groups. This year was by far the toughest draw we have had. Added to that our players are a year more experienced, and there will be more transfers, I think we have an exciting future. Especially in Europe. Don't expect to see best of Eboue until then either.
    I can't see us even progressing out a group if it was really easy… I mean it could just be me but that campaign there showed me that we are mentally weak and only up against teams from England.

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    jquinn nailed it really. The main factor in whether we get to the L16 or bottom of the group is the draw. The amount of investment needed to become a reliable L16 team regardless of the draw is pretty big and you still have to contend with the seeing/coeff business which is a huge handicap
    Isn't there a new system being put into place that if you have won the CL/European Cup you get more coeff?

They're changing it but I don't think it's going to help us much

They're changing it but I don't think it's going to help us much
    I think it will. They are basing it on the individual clubs performance so other teams in scotland cant drag the ratings down.

So if we go a couple of decent runs then we might get a slightly fairer group.

Although investment helps i do think its still possible to challenge with what we can afford. Oneill was very unlucky in CL and Strachan and Lennon got to last 16 with squads who had little right being near the competition.

A well organised squad peppered with a few quality players can do better than you would think.

Sunday Mail ran with us being in for Hyndman.

Sunday Mail ran with us being in for Hyndman.
    Attention seeking, lazy shite from the rags. We looked at him before, didn't pursue it, and he wouldnt get in ahead of Rogic or Armstrong in a million years.

Seems a decent lad though. Too decent to be a hun.

Attention seeking, lazy shite from the rags. We looked at him before, didn't pursue it, and he wouldnt get in ahead of Rogic or Armstrong in a million years.

Seems a decent lad though. Too decent to be a hun.
    Read the story first on Follow Follow yesterday. All the Bears immediately changed their minds and said e wasn't all that good etc.

Personally, I think he is pretty good. Hard to see where he would fit in with us when the likes of Christie cannot get minutes.

I forgot about Christie. I agree he is good, their best player in fact, but he's not good enough for us.

Not even like we'd be Scott Allaning him because he's away back to Bournemouth in the summer.

Saw him interviewed on RangersTV on Sat, they asked him which 2 zombie players he'd combine to make the perfect footballer and his answer was Miller, McKay... and Hill. So maybe not the brightest.

Was it him that the fuss was about when he went on loan to the huns and the rags were giving it that he knocked us back to sign for Bournemouth? Might have been someone else, it's hard to keep up with their bullshit at times.

See Brendan in various papers wanting us to not hate the huns, maybe he was brought up with different ones from me or maybe he should have a read of their forums

Quote Originally Posted by Keano_7 View Post
    Was it him that the fuss was about when he went on loan to the huns and the rags were giving it that he knocked us back to sign for Bournemouth? Might have been someone else, it's hard to keep up with their bullshit at times.
    Nah they were saying he is the new Pirlo. But when we were linked with him the year before he was just some shite American kid

Oh right, the pirlo guy now I remember

Quote Originally Posted by jake10 View Post
    See Brendan in various papers wanting us to not hate the huns, maybe he was brought up with different ones from me or maybe he should have a read of their forums
    It's his subtle way of telling them to stop being fucking animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    I think it will. They are basing it on the individual clubs performance so other teams in scotland cant drag the ratings down.

So if we go a couple of decent runs then we might get a slightly fairer group.

Although investment helps i do think its still possible to challenge with what we can afford. Oneill was very unlucky in CL and Strachan and Lennon got to last 16 with squads who had little right being near the competition.

A well organised squad peppered with a few quality players can do better than you would think.
    The mentality is all wrong though. We are thinking of benefits from UEFA when its our own fault. We need to think differently and the PLC has to back Rodgers to the full degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameeyy View Post
    The mentality is all wrong though. We are thinking of benefits from UEFA when its our own fault. We need to think differently and the PLC has to back Rodgers to the full degree.
    Aye u need to run your own club with ambition, however u cant say its all our own fault.

We simply dont get tv money like big leagues, aye we can push boat out a bit but we still wont make a dent financially. 2nd, other scottish clubs do terrible n it drags our rating down also. Meaning some good runs we go on can get cancelled out a bit.

This is things we can do nothing about but with new set up based on our own results we can one dat get fairer group hopefully.

Rodgers saying we won't be selling any of our league winners, truly love this and if he adds that bit of quality, could be a good season coming up