Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Season

Default Re: Next Season

Quote Originally Posted by jake10 View Post
    Dembele is going nowhere, a fee agreed with chelski CB nah not having it. Talking of meeja pish Delph from m.city is the latest fantasy, though since Rodgers arrived the meeja pish is linking us to better quality players in their made-up stories
    I dunno so much, I didn't buy that London physio shite in January anyway. I feel he was down meeting then anyway. I got it off same guys I heard about Rodgers and pretty much every other signing. They seem to have it weeks in advance.
    Has anyone seen my facts??

Lofty said Jameeys maw loves dick but Loftys maw choked on her sick.

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

How many signings have you posted weeks in advance of anyone else knowing about?
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    How many signings have you posted weeks in advance of anyone else knowing about?
    I never said I posted them, learn to read dickhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    I never said I posted them, learn to read dickhead.
    I didn't say you did, in fact my post was an extremely simple question asking you how many

I didn't say you did, in fact my post was an extremely simple question asking you how many
    I'm not sure because I'm not going to go through years of posts to find out. I always leave things open for change even for things that seem set in stone.

Like this Dembele thing, The fee is agreed, imo it was agreed in January. They failed to meet his first team demands then and it will no doubt be the same now... however that could change in coming weeks or months.

Their strikers are

Diego Costa - 87 games 52 goals in EPL, He looks set to leave though.

Michy Batshuayi - 19 games 3 goals in EPL

Dominic Solanke and Tammy Abraham youth players out on loan.

So if Costa leaves then there is no reason they couldn't offer Dembele first team opportunity. It would be whether the English champions going into Champions League would take that gamble rather than try to sign a more established forward. Dembele does suit their style mind u.

So if Costa leaves then there is no reason they couldn't offer Dembele first team opportunity. It would be whether the English champions going into Champions League would take that gamble rather than try to sign a more established forward. Dembele does suit their style mind u.
    Surely there is a 99.99% chance that one of the richest clubs in the world would sign a much better striker having just sold someone for loads?

Surely there is a 99.99% chance that one of the richest clubs in the world would sign a much better striker having just sold someone for loads?
    Maybe, Maybe not. I mean if Costa leaves then you would expect a decent replacement.

However if he doesn't then they might not fancy Batshuayi as backup because he has struggled a bit so far. So they could see Dembele as a better backup striker. They might not offer him weekly games but could promise him a certain amount of game time.

Would be ideal preperation for when Costa does leave to settle someone in the squad.

Also even if Costa does leave there is nothing stopping them signing Dembele along with another striker and giving both decent game time.

Delph is living Sinclair's past at the minute so it does check out
    Delphs contracted until 2020 can't see it.

Chelski will sign a goalscorer if Costa leaves or not but it won't be dembele

Celtic and other clubs send scouts to watch Duverne from Lens

More talks held about signing Solanke

Phil Mac saying CeltiC have put in a bid for Roberts of 6.8m rising to 8m, with m.city getting a 25% sell on fee, HOPE TO FUCK HE'S RIGHT

Supposedly Celtic have put in a bid for Roberts of 6.8m rising to 8m, with m.city getting a 25% sell on fee, I'll tell you something. I hope he is right.
    The thumb - proving Lofty and lolercoaster wrong since 2014

Echoes dan

Quote Originally Posted by jake10 View Post
    Echoes dan
    Bids rumoured to have been accepted

Hope I'm wrong but I don't think Roberts will sign for us on a permanent deal.

Depends, if he's not going to get in the m.city team we're his best bet for him to play in champ league and advertise himself, bit like dembele

Quote Originally Posted by pual View Post
    Hope I'm wrong but I don't think Roberts will sign for us on a permanent deal.
    Yep i'm the same. I think a fee will be agreed but for Roberts he could potentially win a treble unbeaten.

I think apart from Champions League which we prob won't win lol we have little to offer that other teams won't

Even if not man city he could easily get a game atnsome other EPL side and might see that as his next challenge.

Although Rodgers could convince him using examples such as Van Dijk, Dembele, Wanyama and Forster to show him if he is patient and works hard he will get a chance at a higher level or at least fee n wage down south later.

Although Rodgers could convince him using examples such as Van Dijk, Dembele, Wanyama and Forster to show him if he is patient and works hard he will get a chance at a higher level or at least fee n wage down south later.
    Hasn't he already reached that stage? He's played well for Fulham in the Champ and now us for 2 seasons. He's played and scored in the CL (against his parent club no less) and he's in the youth international squad. If he wants out at City a lot of Prem clubs would be extremely foolish not to usurp our bid

Hasn't he already reached that stage? He's played well for Fulham in the Champ and now us for 2 seasons. He's played and scored in the CL (against his parent club no less) and he's in the youth international squad. If he wants out at City a lot of Prem clubs would be extremely foolish not to usurp our bid
    Hopefully they look at it as a player who couldn't get into in underperforming Man City squad who looks good against crap competition but hasn't proven it against better quality opposition.

At least it seems we're trying to sign him and not on a loan, shows how our ambition has changed since ronny

Was just about to say this, his big money move has already happened. The thing is with city though, if their current 40 million plus wingers aren't cutting it, they will just go buy a new one.

Roberts is a fantastic player and I hope he stays but honestly he's done his work here and wouldn't knock him for going back to city and having a go at it.

If he left city and signed for the fucking Southampton or Evertons of the league I'd be a bit pissed though lol.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast