Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Next Season

Default Re: Next Season

Celtic and other clubs send scouts to watch Duverne from Lens

More talks held about signing Solanke
    Has anyone seen my facts??

Phil Mac saying CeltiC have put in a bid for Roberts of 6.8m rising to 8m, with m.city getting a 25% sell on fee, HOPE TO FUCK HE'S RIGHT

Supposedly Celtic have put in a bid for Roberts of 6.8m rising to 8m, with m.city getting a 25% sell on fee, I'll tell you something. I hope he is right.
    The thumb - proving Lofty and lolercoaster wrong since 2014

Echoes dan

Quote Originally Posted by jake10 View Post
    Echoes dan
    Bids rumoured to have been accepted

Hope I'm wrong but I don't think Roberts will sign for us on a permanent deal.

Depends, if he's not going to get in the m.city team we're his best bet for him to play in champ league and advertise himself, bit like dembele

Quote Originally Posted by pual View Post
    Hope I'm wrong but I don't think Roberts will sign for us on a permanent deal.
    Yep i'm the same. I think a fee will be agreed but for Roberts he could potentially win a treble unbeaten.

I think apart from Champions League which we prob won't win lol we have little to offer that other teams won't

Even if not man city he could easily get a game atnsome other EPL side and might see that as his next challenge.

Although Rodgers could convince him using examples such as Van Dijk, Dembele, Wanyama and Forster to show him if he is patient and works hard he will get a chance at a higher level or at least fee n wage down south later.

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    Although Rodgers could convince him using examples such as Van Dijk, Dembele, Wanyama and Forster to show him if he is patient and works hard he will get a chance at a higher level or at least fee n wage down south later.
    Hasn't he already reached that stage? He's played well for Fulham in the Champ and now us for 2 seasons. He's played and scored in the CL (against his parent club no less) and he's in the youth international squad. If he wants out at City a lot of Prem clubs would be extremely foolish not to usurp our bid
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    Hasn't he already reached that stage? He's played well for Fulham in the Champ and now us for 2 seasons. He's played and scored in the CL (against his parent club no less) and he's in the youth international squad. If he wants out at City a lot of Prem clubs would be extremely foolish not to usurp our bid
    Hopefully they look at it as a player who couldn't get into in underperforming Man City squad who looks good against crap competition but hasn't proven it against better quality opposition.

At least it seems we're trying to sign him and not on a loan, shows how our ambition has changed since ronny

Was just about to say this, his big money move has already happened. The thing is with city though, if their current 40 million plus wingers aren't cutting it, they will just go buy a new one.

Roberts is a fantastic player and I hope he stays but honestly he's done his work here and wouldn't knock him for going back to city and having a go at it.

If he left city and signed for the fucking Southampton or Evertons of the league I'd be a bit pissed though lol.

Aye that's the problem.

Difference is if he leaves man city it will be to mid to low end epl side tranfer or loan. Then if he plays well he gets big move to top club again.

If he comes here and we go a run or 2 in europe and he stars he could get a bigger move.

Epl is still overvalued anyway so a low end epl side is seen as the equivalent of european football anyway.

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    Epl is still overvalued anyway so a low end epl side is seen as the equivalent of european football anyway.
    A lot of players would rather play 38 Prem games than 6 CL games. There is a lot of dross in the Prem but can't be argued that going to Old Trafford, Emirates, Stamford Bridge etc isn't big time. Celtic have a magnificent stadium and facilities but you are still on a bus up to the highlands or Motherwell or whatever every other week playing in front of a few thousand. Unless you're someone like Tierney who knows what it's all about, that must be tough for some.

A lot of players would rather play 38 Prem games than 6 CL games. There is a lot of dross in the Prem but can't be argued that going to Old Trafford, Emirates, Stamford Bridge etc isn't big time. Celtic have a magnificent stadium and facilities but you are still on a bus up to the highlands or Motherwell or whatever every other week playing in front of a few thousand. Unless you're someone like Tierney who knows what it's all about, that must be tough for some.
    It's fine signing someone at 27/28 who is still lower end EPL and played in it for years like Sinclair. Singing young guys who want to up their value but means only keeping them for year or 2.

It's bad in a way and good in a way. Good thing is we can get their youth players cheap and sell them back for ridiculous prices. Bad thing is constantly having to replace players.

I think having a manager like Rodgers though increases the chances of keeping a player longer.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456