Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Season

Default Next Season

What's your team?

Gordon

New RB Simunovic Lustig Tierney

Brown Eboue Armstrong

New RW Dembele Sinclair

Lustig's pace is gone but I would still very much like to have him in the side.

Eboue will hopefully come good too.

And I think we should try and make our marquee a RW, someone like Sinclair from a top league.

Default Re: Next Season

Similar but Rogic /Armstrong and if the price was ok I'd still like us to sign Roberts

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

Something like that but I'd sell Gordon if Chelsea still want him, and bring in Benoit Costil. Sviatchenko is our best CB so he can stay, get a new RB in and keep Lustig for cover (covers CB too).

Hard to say much about Eboue yet, maybe by 2019 he'll be getting full games.

Armstrong is doing well but so was Johansen remember. He'll need to do it again next year to cement his place.

We'll need another striker too, this 2 strikers in the squad nonsense is ridiculous
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    Something like that but I'd sell Gordon if Chelsea still want him, and bring in Benoit Costil. Sviatchenko is our best CB so he can stay, get a new RB in and keep Lustig for cover (covers CB too).

Hard to say much about Eboue yet, maybe by 2019 he'll be getting full games.

Armstrong is doing well but so was Johansen remember. He'll need to do it again next year to cement his place.

We'll need another striker too, this 2 strikers in the squad nonsense is ridiculous
    Sviatchenko I am worried about. We have four guys who can play there so unless we sell there shouldn't be any tumult in that area. New RB is a must, though. Heard this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Flanagan

I'd sell Gordon too if money was right to buy in someone younger.

Armstrong is a Rolls-Royce. As Jake said Rogic is there too anyway.

We only need two strikers with BR. No danger he is ever going to play two strikers from start. Having trouble keeping two content as it is.

Gordon, New RB, The Provo, New CB, Tierney, Eboue, Brown, Armstrong, New RW, Dembele or Griffiths (If Dembele is away then a replacement of course) and Sinclair.

Wish cunts would stop saying Lustigs a CB, id like to see new GK, RB, CB, RW and potentially an experienced CM. Excited about Eboue and Ajer but still early days
    Has anyone seen my facts??

Gordon
    NewRB Erik Jozo Tierney
    Brown Armstrong
    Roberts Rogic Sinclair
    Dembele

Eboue, Boyata, McGregor, Griffiths, Forrest and Lustig as primary backups. Toure out (saves a bunch on wages), sign Roberts and start him.

Everyone's agreed then Lustig should defo be CB?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    Everyone's agreed then Lustig should defo be CB?
    No, benched

Rodgers today, "I believe we need a midfield player who can make a pass and make a difference in the champions league"
    "Whether Patrick Roberts comes back from Manchester city remains to be seen so I believe that I'll need another winger, with real pace and power and I'll maybe be looking at one other position at centre half"

Our midfielders might be surprised to learn we need one that can pass, that apart this is music (reb music) to my ears, possibly hoping Roberts returns but failing that it's looking like quality he's hoping to add, think he's planning to punt at least one CH and midfield - broon, new guy, Rogic, Armstrong & a new champ league quality midfielder looks like biton at least getting punted

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

Hopefully there are scouts/managers out there like a lot of our support who actually think Boyata is good

Quote Originally Posted by jake10 View Post
    Rodgers today, "I believe we need a midfield player who can make a pass and make a difference in the champions league"
    "Whether Patrick Roberts comes back from Manchester city remains to be seen so I believe that I'll need another winger, with real pace and power and I'll maybe be looking at one other position at centre half"

Our midfielders might be surprised to learn we need one that can pass, that apart this is music (reb music) to my ears, possibly hoping Roberts returns but failing that it's looking like quality he's hoping to add, think he's planning to punt at least one CH and midfield - broon, new guy, Rogic, Armstrong & a new champ league quality midfielder looks like biton at least getting punted
    He's bang on. Im glad he has come out and said this.

Can you think of any player who would be a good signing for these positions?
    The thumb - proving Lofty and lolercoaster wrong since 2014

If we could keep everyone and replace Bitton and Boyata with better players we will be looking very good.

Wouldn't be too surprised to see Griffiths or Gordon leave the club in the summer either.

If we could keep everyone and replace Bitton and Boyata with better players we will be looking very good.

Wouldn't be too surprised to see Griffiths or Gordon leave the club in the summer either.
    Agree with replacing Bitton. There is no place for Jews in a Celtic club imo. Boyata has improved, so we might get a better sum for him than we previously would have, so that wouldn't be bad buisiness at all.

I love the Griff to death plus infinity with no return plus a million. I would hate to see him go, but for the shite hes had to put up with - whilst being our best striker - He should look to go somewhere he is respected and not be treated like a child.

Gordon will stay - he is playing great. We only need a good back-up.

Quote Originally Posted by dan123y View Post
    Agree with replacing Bitton. There is no place for Jews in a Celtic club imo. Boyata has improved, so we might get a better sum for him than we previously would have, so that wouldn't be bad buisiness at all.

I love the Griff to death plus infinity with no return plus a million. I would hate to see him go, but for the shite hes had to put up with - whilst being our best striker - He should look to go somewhere he is respected and not be treated like a child.

Gordon will stay - he is playing great. We only need a good back-up.
    No saying I want Griffiths to go but just get the feeling. Gordon too. Gladly keep them both.

No saying I want Griffiths to go but just get the feeling. Gordon too. Gladly keep them both.
    Would be a dangerous move getting rid of them without already having someone who is a proven player to take their position.

Going to throw this out but I think this will be our best season under Rodgers. You can't get any better on the domestic front if we win the Treble. But Europe… Can't see us progressing. 4th in the Group Stages again I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameeyy View Post
    Going to throw this out but I think this will be our best season under Rodgers. You can't get any better on the domestic front if we win the Treble. But Europe… Can't see us progressing. 4th in the Group Stages again I think.
    All comes down to the draw. We could have a worse side and do better if we don't get the shit draw we did this time.

When we are on course for our best domestic season ever then, aye, fair to say Brendan or any other manager won't manage to eclipse it anytime soon. We are living in special times.

I disagree on Europe and fully expect if Brendan stays a few years we would at least once get out the groups. This year was by far the toughest draw we have had. Added to that our players are a year more experienced, and there will be more transfers, I think we have an exciting future. Especially in Europe. Don't expect to see best of Eboue until then either.

Depends if the club are prepared to invest in quality or not. When we brought in Sinclair and Toure (even though he's not worked out), it looked like we were. There's been not much since. Was good to see BR making the comments about needing a good midfielder for the CL. However, I'm not convinced we will be bringing in anyone who's reasonably established.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast