Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Hun Game?

Default Favourite Hun Game?

So many but the 2-1, in 08 with JVoH's winner in last minute is mine.

We done it for Tommy that year.

Default Re: Favourite Hun Game?

Has to be the 4-2 game, our last game of the season, win it we win the league and it was midweek so had that European cup atmosphere,stood in the Jungle i can still see Johnny Doyle walk up and just booting a hun player, so down to ten men and a goal behind, what followed was just CeltiC passion, fight some great play and goals, best game I saw and I was at the riot cup final, on the park, celebrating, when the huns took exception to us being catholic & happy, much like they did with hibs last year, though last year the hibs fans didn't have to deal with the polis acting as the huns cavalry with long hard batons just like blunt swords.
    Going to be a GREAT CELTIC DAY THE MORRA
    Last edited by jake10; 11-03-2017 at 10:59 AM.

Samaras scoring twice at Ipox, New Year's Day it was. Forgot the year, but there went my plegde, never to touch Absynth again

Quality post Lolercoaster. That game was epic. The goal from Naka though.

Im going to have to choose the 6-2 demolition derby. Before someone else does. lol

The thumb - proving Lofty and lolercoaster wrong since 2014

Quote Originally Posted by jake10 View Post
    Has to be the 4-2 game, our last game of the season, win it we win the league and it was midweek so had that European cup atmosphere,stood in the Jungle i can still see Johnny Doyle walk up and just booting a hun player, so down to ten men and a goal behind, what followed was just CeltiC passion, fight some great play and goals, best game I saw and I was at the riot cup final, on the park, celebrating, when the huns took exception to us being catholic & happy, much like they did with hibs last year, though last year the hibs fans didn't have to deal with the polis acting as the huns cavalry with long hard batons just like blunt swords.
    Going to be a GREAT CELTIC DAY THE MORRA

What year was that mate?

Ranger.s (rip) or sevco?

Quote Originally Posted by Keano_7 View Post
    Ranger.s (rip) or sevco?
    Can only assume he means the old club as the new one are a total irrelevance.

Quote Originally Posted by Keano_7 View Post
    Ranger.s (rip) or sevco?
    Tank top or vest?

Quote Originally Posted by pual View Post
    Can only assume he means the old club as the new one are a total irrelevance.
    As are the dead......

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

The 2-1 game Lofty posted, or the 'shame game'. Proper tense atmosphere at it and despite how the media tried to rewrite history our players kept their cool and it was the Huns getting 3 sent off. What a thundercunt of a strike by Wilson too
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

Quote Originally Posted by dan123y View Post
    What year was that mate?
    78/79 season, there was a bad winter and we went about 10 weeks without a game until March

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    The 2-1 game Lofty posted, or the 'shame game'. Proper tense atmosphere at it and despite how the media tried to rewrite history our players kept their cool and it was the Huns getting 3 sent off. What a thundercunt of a strike by Wilson too
    Watched highlights of that recently, interviewedat the end of the game McNeil was vehement that we played the fitba, mind the huns had hurley & hately that day and it's hard to play fitba while you're busy assaulting someone

2011 1-0 with Ledley scoring from a corner. Was the beginning of the end for them and put us ahead in the league after a terrible start. I was at work watching on an illegal stream and jumped up and celebrated when we scored. Everyone around me just started staring at me like I was a lunatic, haha.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VhbKX4TwzMQ

78/79 season, there was a bad winter and we went about 10 weeks without a game until March
    I was trying to look for highlights, but cant seem to get any.

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

Watched highlights of that recently, interviewedat the end of the game McNeil was vehement that we played the fitba, mind the huns had hurley & hately that day and it's hard to play fitba while you're busy assaulting someone
    Showing our ages here. I'm on about the one in like 2011with Diouf etc

Quote Originally Posted by dan123y View Post
    I was trying to look for highlights, but cant seem to get any.
    The BBC cameraman left the lid on the lens apparently and no footage exists. Exact same thing happened in 1957 when we won 7-1.

So many good games. So many i wasnt alive for. But nakamuras finish was something ive never seen before. Just a moment of pure class.
    Has anyone seen my facts??

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    Showing our ages here. I'm on about the one in like 2011with Diouf etc
    There was loads of strikes that week no bus but the odd train bbc/stv were on strike or work to rule can't remember, have seen some grainy unfocused footage of the game, another one of those games where attendance was 67,000 but must have been 80,000 including people who got 'lifted" over the turnstiles, I was 13 at time of game and nearly 6 foot tall, people giving me a lift over were usually smaller than me, one of those games where a near miss and the crowd surged forward an you nearly ended up in thelower section

Every game we won carried the exact same buzz for me. The last game however has to be the highlight, that buzz was already there before a ball was kicked. The huns were dead and everyone knew it, even though it finnished 3-0 mattered nothing on the day, Lenny got to put the final nail in the coffin to the scum and that was that. What a day that was.

I can only really remember Commons finishing them off. Mabey mulgrew and hooper scored, not entirely sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    The BBC cameraman left the lid on the lens apparently and no footage exists. Exact same thing happened in 1957 when we won 7-1.
    Are you kidding me on here?

Ive found footage of the 7-1 I think.