Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Love fitba

Default Re: Love fitba

Read the article on bbc website where nasri calls vardy a cheat, at the end it sounds like nasri wants a square go

John Guidetti doing the business for Celta Vigo: http://www.soccerbase.com/players/pl...layer_id=56208

Apparently a big favourite with the fans. Wasn't a first teamer last year but gets a game every week now by looks of it.

Keanu PM'd me asking how Tony Watt is doing.

Back on the score sheet with Charlton, I said.

Charlton manager Karl Robinson has credited captain Johnnie Jackson for helping to drive Tony Watt back into form.

The Scot has scored twice in the last two games including the hosts’ leveller in the second-half of today’s 1-1 draw with Walsall.

He also scored a late winner from the penalty spot against Scunthorpe on Tuesday and Robinson said this is the result of Jackson’s man-management.

“Jacko is a person who drives him on and a support mechanism for Tony. I think he has really good captaincy skills. It’s not about me, it’s about having the right people around me to drive each other on. Certain people in the club have been driving Tony on and to be fair to him recently and he’s scoring goals – you can’t ask any more.

“Two goals in two games and I’m sure he’ll tell me as well when I go back in. Tony is a special talent as everybody knows but it’s not just about the talent that you possess. It’s about the unified group that go on the pitch week in and week out and he’s certainly added to that at the moment which is great. When he adds to that, with the support of his talent he’s going to be threat.

“I want to put it down to great captaincy by Johnnie Jackson. It’s not about me with Tony, it’s about Tony scoring goals for Charlton. He is a unique character, I like him though. I like people like that, and he scores goals so we love him even more.”
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Watt

Good read this:

Scotland widely bemoans a lack of footballing talent emerging to match the stars of yesteryear.

As the national side sees out what appears to be another failed attempt to reach a major championship, former international Andy McLaren feels the game has abandoned a once rich source of talent.

He's providing football sessions in some of the most deprived areas of Glasgow, to kids who can't afford to pay to play.

"Football, in my opinion, has become middle class," McLaren told BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound programme in an interview to be broadcast on Monday evening.

"It's an absolute disgrace that kids are being priced out of football in this country.

"It's meant to be our national sport. It's meant to be all-inclusive. At the moment it's not.

"I would have been priced out of football just now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39326930

He has been doing really good community work for a long time. That this is an issue that has been ignored until now is a disgrace.

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

It's certainly middle class in terms of supporting it, but I'd be very surprised if it was for players.
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    It's certainly middle class in terms of supporting it, but I'd be very surprised if it was for players.
    I don't think so. You don't see kids in schemes playing football anymore. And looking back at the ones who have come through with us in recent years most were from at least lower middle-class backgrounds. Maloney, McGeady etc.

Where are all the middle class people playing then?

And the very man I posted about earlier, Tony Watt. Took out the schemes too late and he is still basically a daft bam. Get him involved with Celtic from a young age going through St Ninians and his family rehoused close by and you get a different man.

Where are all the middle class people playing then?
    What you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    What you mean?
    The middle class players, where are they coming from? Where are they playing their football that the scheme kids can't?

Just seems mad that in such a success driven industry that clubs wouldnt have their door open to everyone

The middle class players, where are they coming from? Where are they playing their football that the scheme kids can't?

Just seems mad that in such a success driven industry that clubs wouldnt have their door open to everyone
    Oh, right. Aye loads of caged artificial pitches have sprung up all over Scotland in the past decade. They're expensive. Think boys football would cost a few quid to train and then same for match days to cover cost of hiring pitches. That pittance is beyond some families, coupled with travel.

Second half of this podcast has Graham Spiers and Andy McLaren debating about the middle class thing: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04ybgvn

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    Oh, right. Aye loads of caged artificial pitches have sprung up all over Scotland in the past decade. They're expensive. Think boys football would cost a few quid to train and then same for match days to cover cost of hiring pitches. That pittance is beyond some families, coupled with travel.
    This is true, when I was younger playing footy you had grass pitches that cos nothing and you paid for the ref.

Now you need to pay for these pitches, the ref and as you say the travel and not all parents can afford to give their kids money. I mean many clubs use these artificial pitches (which are total shite to play on) for training as well as games. Which again needs paid for.

When you add it all up it can be over 100 quid a month for a game of football.
    Has anyone seen my facts??

Lofty said Jameeys maw loves dick but Loftys maw choked on her sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    This is true, when I was younger playing footy you had grass pitches that cos nothing and you paid for the ref.

Now you need to pay for these pitches, the ref and as you say the travel and not all parents can afford to give their kids money. I mean many clubs use these artificial pitches (which are total shite to play on) for training as well as games. Which again needs paid for.

When you add it all up it can be over 100 quid a month for a game of football.
    I think most clubs use them to train, aye. When I was young it was school gym halls that we trained in. Take it they were free of cost.

And that 100 might be times two or three if there are a few boys in the family. Andy McLaren was saying he has a single mother who sends two boys to train with them and she gets 89 a week in benefits so there is no way she could send them to a normal club.
    Last edited by Lolercoaster; 31-03-2017 at 06:23 PM.

Aye its becoming like all the other sports. The less popular sports in the country that cos the 100 quid a month like football now and also cost a shit load in accessories also.

Been to a few different clubs in sport and it always seems to be the cliche middle class, well pronounced family at them. Not always but seems mostly populated by this.

German police have arrested a share trader for the Dortmund bombs, he'd bet on Dortmunds stock falling and gave it a hand, unreal

Quote Originally Posted by jake10 View Post
    German police have arrested a share trader for the Dortmund bombs, he'd bet on Dortmunds stock falling and gave it a hand, unreal
    Some 28 year old Russian pillock, who stayed as a guest in the team hotel. Freaky stuff alright

Bloody muslims

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    Bloody muslims
    And Russians, Huns, my ex wife, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Lars1916 View Post
    And Russians, Huns, my ex wife, etc
    ...Jews
    The thumb - proving Lofty and lolercoaster wrong since 2014