Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window Rumours, Deals and Disappointments

Default Re: January Transfer Window Rumours, Deals and Disappointments

I think Lustig has signed a new deal today.

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

Happy days. Great servant to the club. Bet he doesn't turn into a soup taking little rat like Wilson either
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

http://www.celticfc.net/news/11945

CELTIC are delighted to announce that Mikael Lustig has signed a contract extension which will see him remain at the club until at least May 2019.

The 30-year-old Swedish internationalist joined the club five years ago following a spell with Norwegian side, Rosenborg, and he has gone to become an integral part of the team’s success over the past few seasons.

He made his debut for the Hoops in March 2012, playing in a 1-1 draw against Aberdeen at Pittodrie, and to date he has made a total of 166 appearances for the club, scoring 13 goals. He has won four league titles, one Scottish Cup and two League Cups, the most recent of them coming back in November when he helped Brendan Rodgers’ side beat Aberdeen in the final at Hampden.

While he has played the majority of his games for club and country at right-back, Mikael has also shown himself to be equally adept playing in a central defensive role where his experience has proved beneficial to the team, and will continue to do so in the future.

so glad it's 2 years instead of fucking about with 1 year
    extensions

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    Happy days. Great servant to the club. Bet he doesn't turn into a soup taking little rat like Wilson either
    Hear, hear. Also a good player lets not forget. No need to let him go at all.
    The thumb - proving Lofty and lolercoaster wrong since 2014

Quote Originally Posted by jake10 View Post
    Scottish meeja trying to unsettle Tierney by saying man u are looking to sign him, this is despite Tierney saying playing for us is his dream and he's off nowhere
    It's a matter of perspective I think. Being honest, when the media talk about bids for our players we reckon they're trying to unsettle them but then when they do it to Hun players we say they're trying to drum up positivity and increase their value etc.

Our fans are just as complicit in it anyway. You lot were all banging on about a 20m bid for Dembele that never existed.

Speaking of which, I see the Twitter retards have egg on their face over the GMS rumours yet again. That's twice this season their inside connections have let them down about him moving

Glad to see lustig signed up for a few more years. Maybe not the quickest, but he is good and steadies the ship etc.

Ajer off to killie on loan as well, hate them but hope he does well.

With eboue in, and 2 (ajer being trained as cb) defenders out on loan, can anyone see brown starting to make the transisition to the back line? That or we need another one. As boyata and ambrose are getting too close again to the team.
    http://board67.com/signaturepics/sigpic29_2.gif

Never rated ajer tbh, will be interesting to see how he does at killie.

O'connell scored for Wallsall today in a 3-1 win for his team. They also beat sheff utd on his debut 4-1

Quote Originally Posted by Keano_7 View Post
    Never rated ajer tbh, will be interesting to see how he does at killie.

O'connell scored for Wallsall today in a 3-1 win for his team. They also beat sheff utd on his debut 4-1
    2 wins. Not bad. Think toung O'Connell has it in him to be a decent player here. We arent ever going to have 4 world class CBS in the team, and for rotation/squad he is more than ideal.

Ajer I like the look of so far, needs to bulk up but seeks to be able to play with the ball at his feet. By all accounts had a man of the match game today.

Never rated ajer tbh
    How not? Only time he played was in pre-season when he was very good.

Most of the youth players we send on loan to those leagues do well. Yet the English would have you think our senior squad would struggle in League 2 lol

Whats with the bojan link? Any one believe we could get him? Entice him? Afford him?

Someone recently pointed out that if you read his career in reverse it looks amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Anth View Post
    Whats with the bojan link? Any one believe we could get him? Entice him? Afford him?
    I reckon its just bollocks or if its not, we're punting Dembele.

Someone recently pointed out that if you read his career in reverse it looks amazing
    Stoke, Ajax, Roma, Barcelona. What a rise to fame that would be. Read it the right way and its a bit depressing ha.

Quote Originally Posted by pual View Post
    I reckon its just bollocks or if its not, we're punting Dembele.
    Hopefully not. But could be a long term solution if he goes in the next 12 months. A lot to be said for signing players aged 26(ish). They know their place in the game and arent going to be dazzled by the "stars". Sinclair being prime example of someone who knows what he has done and what he wants from football.
    Bojan could be the same, accept his level, but don't accept epl no marks. Some players want to play for the fans and for medals.

Seen that Lansbury guy we were linked with has gone to Villa for just 1m. If that happened last season everyone would be fuckin fuming at the board. How times have changed

How not? Only time he played was in pre-season when he was very good.

Most of the youth players we send on loan to those leagues do well. Yet the English would have you think our senior squad would struggle in League 2 lol
    Mcgregor tore that league apart iirc with Notts County.

On ajer, I'm sure I saw him play under Delia aswell, he was pish then, he just looked lost in pre season friendlies

On ajer, I'm sure I saw him play under Delia aswell, he was pish then,

Fuck off

Quote Originally Posted by pual View Post
    I think Christie has done okay when he's had a chance but his position is the big question. He's been used as a striker and in all the positions just behind if I'm not mistaken. A loan move to Hibs would be ideal as long as he is guaranteed game time.

There is also supposed to be talk that we are looking to extend Roberts loan by another year but I'm not sure City will be up for that. Or Roberts for that matter.
    I think he has done okay too. But his position is CAM and Rogic and Armstrong are miles ahead. Can't see him usurping Sinclair, Forrest or Roberts either.

BR said the other day we have had offers for GMS but he isn't a player he is looking to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    BR said the other day we have had offers for GMS but he isn't a player he is looking to sell.
    At the start of the season everycunt on twitter was saying their man on the inside told them BR was gonna sell him... because he wasn't playing... because he was injured. Rodgers didn't even get to see the guy train until after the summer ffs!

He needs to be used more or he might ask to leave himself though. Going by the Roberts/Forrest logic I dunno why GMS didn't come on ahead of Paddy yesterday.