Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window Rumours, Deals and Disappointments

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

Default Re: January Transfer Window Rumours, Deals and Disappointments

I mean legit in the sense that he himself posted it. Not that the Wolfetones are sitting in the back seat playing the song live.
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

It seems all the talk of us signing established players to go straight into the first team has disappeared all of a sudden now this window is open.

Not heard a word about McCarthy or the like despite a lot of our fans thinking we are looking at a different market. Anyone think we will still go for that level this window?

Quote Originally Posted by pual View Post
    It seems all the talk of us signing established players to go straight into the first team has disappeared all of a sudden now this window is open
    This Eboue boy is meant to be a first team player.

Not heard a word about McCarthy or the like despite a lot of our fans thinking we are looking at a different market. Anyone think we will still go for that level this window?
    As I said previously in the thread how often do we sign someone we're 'promised to sign' by the rumour merchants? They latch on to obvious links then get made a fool of when we sign some random lad off Timbuktu.

tbh although I trust BR in the market so far, if this was Deila bringing in a young player I don't think a lot of our fans would be too happy.

I think a, possibly false, expectation amongst our fans has developed and most of us think or thought that with BR coming in we would be going to another level in the market. We did in the summer but I think a fair few expect it of us this window as well. There has been things said that we are going to use this window as much as possible so we are ready for the CL qualifiers. I'll be interested to see the reaction if we don't do much in terms of incomers this month.

tbh although I trust BR in the market so far, if this was Deila bringing in a young player I don't think a lot of our fans would be too happy.

I think a, possibly false, expectation amongst our fans has developed and most of us think or thought that with BR coming in we would be going to another level in the market. We did in the summer but I think a fair few expect it of us this window as well. There has been things said that we are going to use this window as much as possible so we are ready for the CL qualifiers. I'll be interested to see the reaction if we don't do much in terms of incomers this month.
    tbh all we really needed was a cm and possibly a gk. The squad as a whole is in the best shape since the Strachan days.

If the kid turns out to be shite people will say it was another genius BR transfer as it got the best out of Bitton

We're grand as we are for now. Based on our CL performances does anyone think we'll struggle through the qualifiers in the summer? Especially given that we'll probably add to the squad at that time too.

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    If the kid turns out to be shite people will say it was another genius BR transfer as it got the best out of Bitton

We're grand as we are for now. Based on our CL performances does anyone think we'll struggle through the qualifiers in the summer? Especially given that we'll probably add to the squad at that time too.
    Remember that we will, as it stands, be losing Roberts and Toure from this squad. I know neither have been nailed on starters but it still leaves holes in the squad. Plenty of time to get others in though.

I think we are in a new market though, not dramatically new like signing Messi or the new Pirlo, but we have upped the wages, aiming for a smaller squad but with higher quality.

Guys like Sinclair coming in, even Toure as well and being able to refuse moves for players shows a vast difference in just 1 year. I think it started slowly but the more Rodgers shows his quality as a manager the more he will be backed.

Even our tight board know that with the right manager, backing him properly will get us more European football, which means bigger crowds and lots of cash.
    Has anyone seen my facts??

Quote Originally Posted by Keano_7 View Post
    tbh all we really needed was a cm and possibly a gk. The squad as a whole is in the best shape since the Strachan days.
    Nah, we need a RB. Lustig not fast enough for wingers in Europe.

Young Oconnell is off on loan to Walsall or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    Even our tight board know that with the right manager, backing him properly will get us more European football, which means bigger crowds and lots of cash.
    They should be doing that anyway. The whole austerity policies for years was completely unacceptable, the Board were under the illusion that they could spend so little as possible on players to get into the UCL.

We Did It By Playing Football; Pure, Beautiful, Inventive Football

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    Young Oconnell is off on loan to Walsall or something.

Saw that, hope he does really well &it'll be good to teach him about how physical he'll have to be & playing every week too will help him, hope his contract with us is long enough for him to play really well, weekly and come back to us a better more confident player, whether it takes 6 or 18 months

I swear to god OConnell went on loan to Killie like last week wtf

Remember that we will, as it stands, be losing Roberts and Toure from this squad. I know neither have been nailed on starters but it still leaves holes in the squad. Plenty of time to get others in though.
    Toure and, rightly or wrongly, Roberts aren't first team players though.

I have full confidence in Erik/Jozo the Provo at the back.

Quote Originally Posted by jake10 View Post
    Saw that, hope he does really well &it'll be good to teach him about how physical he'll have to be & playing every week too will help him, hope his contract with us is long enough for him to play really well, weekly and come back to us a better more confident player, whether it takes 6 or 18 months
    Heard his contracts up in 6 months. Dunno how true that is tbh.

Hibs want Christie on loan. Anyone reckon he has a future with us, and in what position? Personally don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    Hibs want Christie on loan. Anyone reckon he has a future with us, and in what position? Personally don't see it.
    I think Christie has done okay when he's had a chance but his position is the big question. He's been used as a striker and in all the positions just behind if I'm not mistaken. A loan move to Hibs would be ideal as long as he is guaranteed game time.

There is also supposed to be talk that we are looking to extend Roberts loan by another year but I'm not sure City will be up for that. Or Roberts for that matter.

Christie was MOTM the last time he played. Far too good for Hibs

There is also supposed to be talk that we are looking to extend Roberts loan by another year but I'm not sure City will be up for that. Or Roberts for that matter.
    Leaving him on the bench most weeks will be a major factor here

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    Christie was MOTM the last time he played. Far too good for Hibs

Leaving him on the bench most weeks will be a major factor here
    Yeah, without doubt. Especially in Europe when if he was fit, Forrest started before Roberts.

Scottish meeja trying to unsettle Tierney by saying man u are looking to sign him, this is despite Tierney saying playing for us is his dream and he's off nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by jake10 View Post
    Scottish meeja trying to unsettle Tierney by saying man u are looking to sign him, this is despite Tierney saying playing for us is his dream and he's off nowhere
    I hope he stays, even if it is a big shout, playing in the EPL and all the money involved