Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1040

Thread: Newco Huns

  1. #1021

    Default Re: Newco Huns

    I dunno, based on what you say then Rodgers is also a shit manager. Cos althought Huns, Hearts, Hibs are present they are still not close to what they can be.

    For me McInnes has been on the up, it's the positive choice.

    McLeish i can see why you would say that but for me what has he done? managed Birmingham, got relegated then got promoted to EPL (so did Mowbray) stayed up 1 season then got relegated again. (he did win the league cup)

    Birmingham wanted him to stay and instead he fucks off to their rival club, just like he left his national team for a club like Birmingham lol.

    Went to Aston Villa finished 16th got sacked

    Went to Notts Forest and left after only 7 games. he won 1 game. Left in a huff cos the club didn't sign George Boyd lol.

    Went to Genk finished 7th, sacked because he never met expectations.

    Went to Zamalek done fuck all, got sacked within 6 months

    tbh reading that, I don't see what he achieved as a manager that McInnes couldn't. Except winning a few titles with EBT funded hun squads.
    Has anyone seen my facts??

    Lofty said Jameeys maw loves dick but Loftys maw choked on her sick.

  2. #1022

    Default Re: Newco Huns

    I don't think McCleish is any good tbh but I just think that if they are going to pay over a million, probably more if the sheep have got him on a good contract compensation wise, they could spend a similar amount of money on better. So I would go for a stand in and then review in the summer. Maybe they still think they can win the league this year (stop laughing at the back) so hopefully they'll waste a lot more money.

    I am of the view though that I would want someone with experience of being at a big club and I don't think McInnes will know whats hit him.

    I also think that that place is like snake mountain and there is loads of internal fighting going on. The latest being that they are turning on jabba if the rumours are true. It will take time to shift some of the problems in there and thats why I would go for an interim manager.

    I also think that McInnes is lacking tactically and his record is poor in that sense as well. It could be that he will up his game there but I just don't see it.

  3. #1023

    Default Re: Newco Huns

    I think normally what you say is true for the likes of say Deila or Caixinha but I feel it's very different when it's someone who is a die hard fan of the club, they are normally well aware of the size and expectation.

    Like when we gave Lennon the job even though he had done zero managers jobs.

    I only think McInnes is their best bet because they need to take baby steps to build up. I feel McInnes could get them a solid 2nd to us. Partly because I think Aberdeen will drop a bit when he goes.

    The reason he seems the best for that is because they literally don't have any other managers who i think they could attract. What semi decent manager that isn't a hun is going to look at that job twice?

    Right now it is career suicide. McLeish or McInnes. That is their level.

  4. #1024
    Celtic Legend Pedro1888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA

    Default Re: Newco Huns

    My view is McInnes has already been tapped up and will be in place this month. His wish list of Moult, Shinnie, McLean, and Walker being part of the deal. A lot of recent signings will be told ASAP to get their agents to find new clubs.
    Not all conspiracies are theories.

  5. #1025
    Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I wasnt born, so much as I fell out

    Default Re: Newco Huns

    Quote Originally Posted by pual View Post
    This is a club who don't have a lot of money to spare.
    Celtic fans (the Phil MacG Brigade) were saying this in the summer too and they went and spent like 8-10m
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

  6. #1026

    Default Re: Newco Huns

    Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    Celtic fans (the Phil MacG Brigade) were saying this in the summer too and they went and spent like 8-10m
    No they didn't but even what they did spend was season book money and they are still relying on loans to keep them going. But, in truth, it enhances my point even if your figures are accurate. To pay that amount of money for a manager would be madness imo so hopefully they do.

    Have their due accounts come out yet anyone know?

  7. #1027
    Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I wasnt born, so much as I fell out

    Default Re: Newco Huns

    Quote Originally Posted by pual View Post
    No they didn't but even what they did spend was season book money and they are still relying on loans to keep them going.
    Dunno what your point is here. Does it not count as spending money because it's season book money? How does that make any sense.

  8. #1028

    Default Re: Newco Huns

    Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    Dunno what your point is here. Does it not count as spending money because it's season book money? How does that make any sense.
    My point is that they would be mad to spend that amount of money on compensation for a manager when, even if the did spend 10m in the summer, it equates to a large layout for him. Then his wages etc on top of that. There are plenty of out of work managers who would do for them imo.

    They could use that money on players which would serve them better I think.

  9. #1029
    Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I wasnt born, so much as I fell out

    Default Re: Newco Huns

    Don't disagree with that. I'm just saying there's every chance the new manager will have money to spend and that the people saying they won't are the same who said Caixinha wouldnt

  10. #1030

    Default Re: Newco Huns

    I don't think the Huns paid what they said they did but certainly they spent big. Dorrans wasn't cheap and the foreigners would have cost a few million too. Conservative guess is five million. They won't spend that again this summer.

  11. #1031

    Default Re: Newco Huns

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    I don't think the Huns paid what they said they did but certainly they spent big. Dorrans wasn't cheap and the foreigners would have cost a few million too. Conservative guess is five million. They won't spend that again this summer.
    The problem is that once the fees have been jabba-fied, it's hard to say what they paid. At first it was 4m for Pena, now even they are claiming it was only 2.5. They also bullshitted about selling Garner and Waghornpen. They claimed they got over a million for Garner alone until big Mick laughed it off and said that Ipswich got both of them for under a million combined.

    However much it was though net, the one thing we do know is that they are yet again spending way beyond their means which imo is basically cheating. I can't see it lasting and the loans will dry up and thats why if I were them, I would never spend that amount of money on compensation for a manager. Never mind one from a smaller club.

  12. #1032

    Default Re: Newco Huns

    Quote Originally Posted by pual View Post
    The problem is that once the fees have been jabba-fied, it's hard to say what they paid. At first it was 4m for Pena, now even they are claiming it was only 2.5. They also bullshitted about selling Garner and Waghornpen. They claimed they got over a million for Garner alone until big Mick laughed it off and said that Ipswich got both of them for under a million combined.

    However much it was though net, the one thing we do know is that they are yet again spending way beyond their means which imo is basically cheating. I can't see it lasting and the loans will dry up and thats why if I were them, I would never spend that amount of money on compensation for a manager. Never mind one from a smaller club.
    I am not doubting that at all, mate. The Mexican ones especially - as I have pointed out their clubs hike up the fees to launder drug money. I forgot about their incoming but still reckon they spent at least a few million net. And not saying anything about their financial state since they still need loans for working capital.

  13. #1033

    Default Re: Newco Huns

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    I am not doubting that at all, mate. The Mexican ones especially - as I have pointed out their clubs hike up the fees to launder drug money. I forgot about their incoming but still reckon they spent at least a few million net. And not saying anything about their financial state since they still need loans for working capital.
    Yeah they did definitely spend a few quid net. On wasters as well it seems.

    On a different note, I see that that fanny Ryan Jack has had another red card overturned. Ridiculous decision and bordering on cheating imo.

  14. #1034

    Default Re: Newco Huns

    Quote Originally Posted by pual View Post
    Yeah they did definitely spend a few quid net. On wasters as well it seems.

    On a different note, I see that that fanny Ryan Jack has had another red card overturned. Ridiculous decision and bordering on cheating imo.
    Caixanha was meant to have accused Jack of getting deliberately sent off.

    I think it will be McInnes but if not Billy Davies. Only way I see them going for Eck is if nobody else will come. None of those three are going to challenge Celtic so we can rest easy.

  15. #1035
    Celtic Legend Pedro1888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA

    Default Re: Newco Huns

    The Huns paid a lot of money on a DoF and he would have only came if he was given a lot of scope on footballing matters. That would suggest a coach, rather than a manager being appointed. Can’t see some of the names being banded about as being serious, also the big stumbling block is always the kitty, any new guy will want and needs several new players and will not want to wait until the dross is sold on.

  16. #1036
    Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I wasnt born, so much as I fell out

    Default Re: Newco Huns

    They actually think now that because Celtic's major shareholder once owned a company who cheated tax in Switerzland it is somehow revenge for their actual club cheating the British taxman

    It's obviously been so long since they had any ammo for us that they don't know what it actually looks like, so pounce on anything at all. Suppose it doesn't help that the BBC have it as their primary Celtic story despite the actual story having nothing to do with Celtic.

  17. #1037

    Default Re: Newco Huns

    Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    They actually think now that because Celtic's major shareholder once owned a company who cheated tax in Switerzland it is somehow revenge for their actual club cheating the British taxman

    It's obviously been so long since they had any ammo for us that they don't know what it actually looks like, so pounce on anything at all. Suppose it doesn't help that the BBC have it as their primary Celtic story despite the actual story having nothing to do with Celtic.
    Dermot asked Mark Daly is he was a Hun?!

  18. #1038

    Default Re: Newco Huns

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    Dermot asked Mark Daly is he was a Hun?!
    If you're asking that then yes he did. It was in a letter he sent to him basically saying that if he doesn't fuck off he will destroy him.

    That is clearly an instruction from the bretheren at the BBC a la the cup final sectarian singing garbage. Truly gutter journalism and even their own report, after spending a few minutes talking crap, ended with saying there is no reason to think anything was illegal. Seriously, wtf.

  19. #1039
    Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I wasnt born, so much as I fell out

    Default Re: Newco Huns

    I stumbled across our very own (ex)resident mongo on Twitter who was claiming it was strategic release to distract from the Huns accounts. But he had got the Panama papers mixed up with the Paradise papers

  20. #1040

    Default Re: Newco Huns

    Up the old Accies, eh?

    These fucks are sinking even lower than I thought possible. Accies didn't just sneak it they won convincingly.

    They have Dundee away next and then a double header with Aberdeen. Be lucky to get four points from the three.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •