Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Newco Huns

Default Newco Huns

Thought it may be time to make another thread. Feel free to ignore.

They are getting Barton. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36293572 Been rumored on Follow Follow all week.

Massive statement of intent if you ask me. Another three of four of that caliber and they would be a fair bit ahead of the current Celtic.

And if they win the Scottish Cup and get Europa League money they will invest more.

We really do need to start thinking much bigger now.

Default Re: Newco Huns

Not sure they will get them but if they do then the SFA and SPFL better start asking questions about where they are getting the money from. Barton is on 28k per week at Burnley apparently and there is no way they can afford that.

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

I thought they were trying to shed this image. Always funny when they sign utter cunts like him, Diouf, Bartley, Black etc. Like flies to shite.
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

He was one of Burnley's better players and they were promoted. If those twats are offering more than Burnley, then history will repeat itself. More likely that Barton is using them as a negotiating tool.

Really can't see them offering him more than Burnley. The BBC article alludes that is down to the term of contract. Maybe his thinking is another year with Burnley on 24 is worth less than a two or three with them on 20k?

Fuck knows still a good addition and only makes me more nervous.

That will a fun when we play them next season alright

cant see him signing, apparently the head scout at huns now is the same guy who signed him for Burnley. maybe just set up for a wee PR stunt.
    They are borrowing money to get through the seasons without spending 1 million plus a year on 33 year olds, hope so though, just means all the quicker to their next Liquidation and rebirth.
    Remember even if they won the spfl their difference in prize money from 3rd or 4th to winners would barely cover the wages of two players the cost of that cunt.

Barton no chance.

Would be a good signing for them, however would be utterly ashamed if it was a target of ours.

So Barton is giving up 28k a week & probably a wage rise for EPL, king Billy wouldn't sign for huns in same circumstances, ploy for his EPL wage rise

Quote Originally Posted by jake10 View Post
    So Barton is giving up 28k a week & probably a wage rise for EPL, king Billy wouldn't sign for huns in same circumstances, ploy for his EPL wage rise
    Yeh , and I see Nico Krancar is giving up his career in the MLS to join in the magic hats revolution as well, after waiting months to get clearance to play for new York cosmos and getting it only a month ago he is now signing for the huns instead!

Quote Originally Posted by Wgs3inarow View Post
    Yeh , and I see Nico Krancar is giving up his career in the MLS to join in the magic hats revolution as well, after waiting months to get clearance to play for new York cosmos and getting it only a month ago he is now signing for the huns instead!
    These are the exact type of seasons pros our side.

Barton is the definition of scum so quite happy not to have him anywhere near the club. No idea what Kranjcar is like these days. Neither are relevant unless the zombies actually are signing them. Knowing the Scottish media's desperation to keep the Ibrox feel good factor going it's hard to take seriously.

I hadn't even considered that these may be moonbeams to sell season tickets. Doubt it, though. Barton was playing golf with TMH and SDoW.

In saying that it isn't exactly Man City and Arab oil money. A couple of past their prime EPL players to augment a decent young squad should not be enough to usurp Celtic - as long as we take care of our own business.

Yeah exactly. I'd like to think that the more they improve the higher we'll aim, as we should have more resources to do so. We also have a much better squad to work with as is, and for all their failings probably better scouts also.

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    Yeah exactly. I'd like to think that the more they improve the higher we'll aim, as we should have more resources to do so. We also have a much better squad to work with as is, and for all their failings probably better scouts also.
    We do have more resources, considerably more. Problem being how we spend it. The EPL has nothing to do with it. Under MON and GS we bought 40k a week players and now we go for a larger pool of guys between 10-20k. Wages then were 30 million and 27 million now.

We can't continue on as we are. We need some big game players to augment the plethora of potential. Or they will beat us.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    I hadn't even considered that these may be moonbeams to sell season tickets.
    That's the only reason his name is being mentioned. He's pally with Davie Weir so he's probably doing a favour for him, putting on a show by turning up at their training ground (do they still have one?) and letting the media make the right noises. I just can't see it, myself. Why would Burnley let, arguably, one of their best players leave when they've just been promoted? Why would Barton take what would be a drastic drop in wages - 28k down to a max of about 12k? Nah, paper talk and bullshit I reckon, same as the Krancjar rumours.

There's another pic doing the rounds alongside this one showing Barton buying Hoops kits for his kids. Can't find it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
    That's the only reason his name is being mentioned. He's pally with Davie Weir so he's probably doing a favour for him, putting on a show by turning up at their training ground (do they still have one?) and letting the media make the right noises. I just can't see it, myself. Why would Burnley let, arguably, one of their best players leave when they've just been promoted? Why would Barton take what would be a drastic drop in wages - 28k down to a max of about 12k? Nah, paper talk and bullshit I reckon, same as the Krancjar rumours.

There's another pic doing the rounds alongside this one showing Barton buying Hoops kits for his kids. Can't find it though.

I know the parents of Scott Arfield (they have a holiday house near here) they are all Celtic mad, his agents tried to get him to us a few times (even willing to drop wages) without success, they have told me in the past that their boy gets on brilliantly with Barton and thinks he's a really decent guy and its helped by the fact they are always talking about Celtic and Barton has told him he would love to play there.

On a separate story, Arfields brother almost got thrown out of Ibrox at last years pre season friendly against Burnley, when Arfield scored against the huns his brother jumped up and pulled his jacket off and had his Celtic top on underneath.
    He was screaming and shouting at the huns fans nearby and the stewards took him away towards the exits then when he told him his brother was playing for Burnley they made him take his top off and put it in his jacket pocket and told him if he brought it out again he would be thrown out.

Had to google who Scott Arfield was there

yeah, I just can't see it happening. The manky hordes have got themselves all in a lather over it mind you

Bored with this bullshit already

Just seen that wee fanny Miller on SSN there telling us all how Barton "seemed really interested". Course he did Kenny.