Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing

Default Re: Boxing

Mayweather back in the ring on Saturday v Alvarez. Wasn't too fussed bout this but it's being hyped up for a Mayweather defeat so now i'd pay to see.

The following week is a fight i'm looking forward too. Haye v Fury. Hope to fuck Fury batters that wee dickhead.

Another reason to like Klitschko, other than that he's a fucking beast. This was labelled as an 'Awkward Interview' but actually the only awkwardness was from the shitty TIME interviewer who clearly didn't have a clue who he was. He speaks frankly and is incredibly honest.

Government (noun) Latin: Govern (control) Mente (mind) = Mind Control, Have a nice day.

Why did they let her do the interview? She clearly didn't even agree with boxing either.

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

Good fight on in a moment now. Froch to win by KO is a cert though.
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    Good fight on in a moment now. Froch to win by KO is a cert though.
    I reckon it might go to points in a bit of a bore fest. Hope I'm wrong and one of them lets their emotions get the better of them.

Had Froch to win in the 10th or 11th @ 16/1. Robbed!

Had Froch to win in the 10th or 11th @ 16/1. Robbed!
    Unlucky mate, though I think Groves would have struggled to see the round out. Still 90 seconds left of it.

Exciting year for boxing and the small possibility of Pacquiao/Mayweather getting it on if they both come through their next fights. Plus Khan is talking about fighting Broner which would be a good fight. Groves and Froch too is the best British fight of an era.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Exciting year for boxing and the small possibility of Pacquiao/Mayweather getting it on if they both come through their next fights. Plus Khan is talking about fighting Broner which would be a good fight. Groves and Froch too is the best British fight of an era.
    Khan should to grow a pair and fight Brook. Unfortunately he knows he would get ko'd and won't go near him but would opt for a bay day with Mayweateher Boxing is becoming one big pantomime these days, the same fights with the same out come, any real challenge is avoided.

Saying that fair play to Froach for giving Groves a second chance... he has nothing to gain with it all to loose. And I think Groves will take this opportunity to destroy him.

Mayweather has today said he will fight Khan if he wins against Broner Nice way to keep the unbeaten run going

We are talking about Amir Khan here, right? Mayweather is a fight dodging wank but he's still an unbelievable boxer and Khan is a fanny. Would be a no contest.

Froch v Groves has to happen. Feel sorry for Froch because of how the last fight got stopped everyone is saying it was unfair on Groves when really Froch would have taken him in one of the remaining rounds no bother. He'll want that "legitimate" victory. Not that Groves doesn't have a good chance too.

Froch v Groves is confirmed, 31st of May Venue yet to be decided but it will be in Manchester, talk of Ethiad or Old Trafford.

Khan is a joke. He's done nothing to show himself off in Vegas, the problem is they've hyped him up with so much even when he fails, that he can pick and choose his fights. Mayweather is a no risk payday for him, where as anyone else like Brook, would punch the fuck out of him and possibly end his career. He'd no longer call the shots as he, unfortunately, can do atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Keano_7 View Post
    Froch v Groves is confirmed, 31st of May Venue yet to be decided but it will be in Manchester, talk of Ethiad or Old Trafford.

Khan is a joke. He's done nothing to show himself off in Vegas, the problem is they've hyped him up with so much even when he fails, that he can pick and choose his fights. Mayweather is a no risk payday for him, where as anyone else like Brook, would punch the fuck out of him and possibly end his career. He'd no longer call the shots as he, unfortunately, can do atm.
    It's being announced tomorrow where it will be.

The fight will be at Wembley stadium. Ridiculous decision and I wouldn't fancy paying for a ticket in the seats that are already there. You'd be miles away from the action.

Quote Originally Posted by pual View Post
    The fight will be at Wembley stadium. Ridiculous decision and I wouldn't fancy paying for a ticket in the seats that are already there. You'd be miles away from the action.
    Does anyone care about the view though? Always struck me as a very strange sport to go and see live. Whole thing could be over after seconds, although I guess not at this weight. Still though.

Does anyone care about the view though? Always struck me as a very strange sport to go and see live. Whole thing could be over after seconds, although I guess not at this weight. Still though.
    I've only ever been to one major fight. The ticket was pretty expensive and I was miles away from the ring, though I did blag my way to a lot nearer. You're basically paying to watch it on a large screen as the lighting equipment etc blocks the view as well.

Wembley? Wtf? Shit choice imo, surely they aren't expecting to fill the stadium?

Khan should to grow a pair and fight Brook. Unfortunately he knows he would get ko'd and won't go near him but would opt for a bay day with Mayweateher Boxing is becoming one big pantomime these days, the same fights with the same out come, any real challenge is avoided.

Saying that fair play to Froach for giving Groves a second chance... he has nothing to gain with it all to loose. And I think Groves will take this opportunity to destroy him.
    I think it is just the money that stops Khan fighting Brook. Americans wouldn't be interested in it. I am not a big fan of Khan but he has been fighting the big names recently.

But I agree about Froch. Hats off to him. I thought he'd never accept the rematch and go to America for one last payday. I think now that Groves will bury him and Froch won't fight again.

Mayweather on tonight v Maidana. Khan is on the undercard too

Mayweather on tonight v Maidana. Khan is on the undercard too
    What time are they fights on dya know?