Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Boxing

Default Re: Boxing

Burns is shite. As is this fight. It's like watching the championship play off and you just know the winner will get battered by the better fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by jake10 View Post
    "Took a fair few 2nd prizes ...", you mean he lost contests that only have 2 contestants
    No I mean he has took a few second prizes. Second prize is a saying for losing a fight.

Burns is defo finished. In it for money now to take a few defeats.

tbh though think he is overall better than Crolla. Just took him 4 rounds to start throwing digs.

He is way fitter than Crolla so he should have got active earlier and i think he would have squeezed it on pts.

As pual said though, both are finished.
    Has anyone seen my facts??

Lofty said Jameeys maw loves dick but Loftys maw choked on her sick.

Watched it last night, Burns is finished. The boy around my way will end his career.

We Did It By Playing Football; Pure, Beautiful, Inventive Football

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    It seems like an act but he is legit one of the nicest guys u could meet.

Town full of cunts acting like hard men and probably the toughest cunt is the nicest most harmless guy about.

Also boxing is a load of shite but ye back yer local bhoys eh
    Met him before, quiet guy and not up his arse.

Scottish boxing is as bad as it has been in 20 years. Nobody at coming through. Get Scotty Harrison out the jail. Him and Burns would be worth a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercoaster View Post
    Scottish boxing is as bad as it has been in 20 years. Nobody at coming through. Get Scotty Harrison out the jail. Him and Burns would be worth a watch.
    Nobody coming through? Hahaha what!?

Quote Originally Posted by Poblacht View Post
    Nobody coming through? Hahaha what!?
    Right then, Jamie, I will humour you. Who is coming through that potentially could win world titles, like Burns and Harrison?

Right then, Jamie, I will humour you. Who is coming through that potentially could win world titles, like Burns and Harrison?
    Josh Taylor. He will end Burns career.

Quote Originally Posted by Poblacht View Post
    Josh Taylor. He will end Burns career.
    Long way to go before he is even called a contender.

Long way to go before he is even called a contender.
    Aye, okay.

Harrison was such a disappointment. Matches what me and WGS were saying about our culture.

Off the drink he coulda been one of best scots ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    Harrison was such a disappointment. Matches what me and WGS were saying about our culture.

Off the drink he coulda been one of best scots ever.
    Aye, he was on the cusp of going over and getting a superfight with a Maequez, Barrera or Morales. Would have moved up to welterweight too eventually. Same time as all the legends were in that division, Mayweather et al. But he chose to cut about East Kilbride and Cambuslang taking speed and valium.

Wilder just starched Stiverne and called out Joshua. Joshua needs to sack up and make that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by jquinn View Post
    Wilder just starched Stiverne and called out Joshua. Joshua needs to sack up and make that fight.
    Wilder/Joshua is the only big one left. Unless Fury comes back, which looks unlikely.

Wilder/Joshua is the only big one left. Unless Fury comes back, which looks unlikely.
    I think both those guys kill Fury

Quote Originally Posted by jquinn View Post
    I think both those guys kill Fury
    Aye, the Fury of today but the one who fought Klitschko would beat them both in my opinion.

Until that fight I thought Fury was an idiot, and I probably still do think he is a clown but he proved himself to be a pugilist against Kiltschko. I couldn't believe what I was watching as he absolutely outboxed Wlad.

The heavyweight scene is embarrassingly bad despite what Hearn and Sky might tell us. There isn't a single good fighter among them imo. Even Klitschko was poor and basically just kept everyone at arms length without throwing too many punches. He should have finished Joshua but kept standing off him and he has done this for years.

As much as everyone said that was a good fight, it wasn't really as there were long periods when Klit didn't attack.

Fury is another version of Klit imo. Except he's been decked a couple of times. If his mind is right though, he beats Joshua comfortably for me.