Page 1 of 89 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Engli$h Pr£mier League Thread

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

Default Engli$h Pr£mier League Thread

Steven Fletcher going to Sunderland for £12m, fucking mad. Remember when our board wouldn't stump up £2m or whatever it was for him! MON would have a nightmare if he was here with today's budgets.
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

Default Re: Engli$h Pr£mier League 12/13

crazy money
    It's not the creed or nationality that counts, it's the man himself

Celtic - more than just a club

Oh, Leah is a slapper, she wears a pushup bra, and when she shags McGregor, she thinks of Wanyama

my son says he did well in a poor team last
    season, i say he's pish, but in epl even pish costs
    big money

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    Steven Fletcher going to Sunderland for £12m, fucking mad. Remember when our board wouldn't stump up £2m or whatever it was for him! MON would have a nightmare if he was here with today's budgets.
    Absolutely scandalous fee, I can't imagine what they'd want for Jarvis. I heard that £12m was turned down at first too.

Government (noun) Latin: Govern (control) Mente (mind) = Mind Control, Have a nice day.

of course because he was a young scottish player only doing well at SPL level blah blah blah, usual pish, we would rather go for the more fancy signing like bangura haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    of course because he was a young scottish player only doing well at SPL level blah blah blah, usual pish, we would rather go for the more fancy signing like bangura haha.
    Bangura wasn't a fancy signing, no cunt had heard of him and he came from the Swedish leagues.

We've signed plenty of SPL players in the past, for better or worse.

Bangura wasn't a fancy signing, no cunt had heard of him and he came from the Swedish leagues.

We've signed plenty of SPL players in the past, for better or worse.
    aye but that's my point, he wasn't yet the board pay the cash for him, then refuse to pay up for SPL players who are good enough and have proved it in our league.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy1990 View Post
    aye but that's my point, he wasn't yet the board pay the cash for him, then refuse to pay up for SPL players who are good enough and have proved it in our league.
    Not too often I'll defend our board for their spending policy but in fairness here Hibs simply did not want to sell to us and it would probably have taken a bid of at least £6m to get him. At the time it would have been crazy money to spend on him.

Charity cup is a decent game. Good finish from Toure Yaya there to equalize.

Turning into a rout 3-1 chitey. Tevez with a belter and Nasri with a volley. Still 25 minutes for Chelsea to get through.

Anyone keen for a Fantasy Football league, can be either 'Classic' (total points) or 'Head to Head' (you're matched up against someone else in the league, if you get more FF points then you get 3pts, if you get the same it's 1pt etc)

Count me in. The head to head would be the better option imo should enough enter it. Think 3 played the mirror one of here (for about a month)

This would just be the Premiership official one, afaik it's the best because there's points of saves and key passes and stuff and not just clean sheet/goal win/loss.

Either way, I don't really follow the EPL so I never bother making transfers or anything like that. Still though, worth a shot.

I rate Fletcher but not for £12m. Clubs are happy to pay it though, not just in England. English clubs pay more for average players, but the Spanish blow them out of the water (including City, not so much Chelsea with Torres) when they want to though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesy View Post
    I rate Fletcher but not for £12m. Clubs are happy to pay it though, not just in England. English clubs pay more for average players, but the Spanish blow them out of the water (including City, not so much Chelsea with Torres) when they want to though.
    Minus the retarded amount that Real think they need to pay for players (Ronaldo, Kaka) I don't think the La liga teams are that fucked up about their spending. A few clubs have been injected with money and have used t to their benefit, but no where on the scale of the EPL clubs (minus Real obvously)
    http://board67.com/signaturepics/sigpic29_2.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Anth View Post
    Minus the retarded amount that Real think they need to pay for players (Ronaldo, Kaka) I don't think the La liga teams are that fucked up about their spending. A few clubs have been injected with money and have used t to their benefit, but no where on the scale of the EPL clubs (minus Real obvously)
    Barca players are on insane contracts and the club is hundreds of millions of euros in debt. Malaga are about to go down the shitter because their Arab owners threw a load of money at the club hoping to recoup it in the local property market, which went bust.

Sticky thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Anth View Post
    They got Ibrahimovic for Eto'o AND €46 million, as an example. And their wage bill could fund a small independent nation's nuclear research.

Agger sent off, Liverpool 2-0 down

should be 3 but Long missed a pen

Quote Originally Posted by Chriz View Post
    Agger sent off, Liverpool 2-0 down

should be 3 but Long missed a pen
    3:0 in the end. I can only laugh about Liverpool these days