Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsene Wenger set to leave Arsenal and much more!

Cool Arsene Wenger set to leave Arsenal and much more!

Now I don't know about you guys but of all the Barclays Premier League teams, I find that Arsenal have been of the best and most enjoyable teams to watch. They don't throw money around like Chelsea and Manchester City in the hopes of becoming a good team, and they aren't intolerable wankers like Liverpool.

They make do with what they have, relying on good management and an excellent youth system to make them a top team. Which is why I support them. Another reason is:

Apparently Arsene Wenger might be leaving Arsenal for Real Madrid, after 13 seasons with the club because of some pretty poor treatment by the fans.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle6315337.ece

Add to that, the transfer kitty is 13million again this summer which will also have to cover player wages, so unless we sell some players for some serious cash, we're fucked.

So, any other Arsenal sympathisers out there? Where do you think we're heading with regards to next year?

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

Default Re: Arsene Wenger set to leave Arsenal and much more!

What's that on Barndoor's shirt in the photo?
    You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

You know, I'm not sure. I noticed it when I saw the picture but I have no idea. I'm not sure if it's like a watershed from a website or something special?

And don't call him Barndoor! He has a name, and it's Super Nik

I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

I think with a few senior players and no selling they'll be fine, also big mistake to sell hleb imo.

See they need to look at barcelona and get the balance between youth,selling and buying then they'll be sorted.

I think with a few senior players and no selling they'll be fine, also big mistake to sell hleb imo.

See they need to look at barcelona and get the balance between youth,selling and buying then they'll be sorted.
    Last edited by Hoopymo; 19-05-2009 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Double post.

To be honest, I'd have no problem with selling Adebayor for 15 - 20million and then buying Gorin Doian, Christian Poulsen and a better striker who isn't a lazy git. I'd love Tevez but he'll be far too expensive, so someone else. Maybe someone a bit younger.

Also regarding wenger leaving, this talk comes up every year i figure when he leaves it'll be to an upstairs position at arsenal.

Yeah probably, someone said it was all a ploy from Wenger to divert attention from the players and onto himself.

He has signed an extension to stay at Arsenal.

Wouldn't work at Madrid imo, too much money. The fans would want stars and he is into the youngster route.

Man City offer 21million for Adebayor

Hopefully this rumour is true, and the deal goes through. This would mean that on top of the 25million kitty that Usamov has already promised we'd have 46million to spend this summer.

This is fucking awesome news, especially since we only really need 3 signings, 4 maximum so we can essentially get the expensive players we really want.

If I had to have an Eglish club it would be Arsenal.
    Would love to see them up there with Manchester United again challenging to win the Premiarship.

I like wenger as a manager to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Would love to see them up there with Manchester United again challenging to win the Premiarship.
    To be honest, it could easily be accomplished with 2 (3 if Adebayor leaves) signings.

A good centre-back to partner Kolo Toure/William Gallas and a Defensive Mid to provide back-up for Fabregas.

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    To be honest, it could easily be accomplished with 2 (3 if Adebayor leaves) signings.

A good centre-back to partner Kolo Toure/William Gallas and a Defensive Mid to provide back-up for Fabregas.
    I would say the defencive mid has to be top prioraty.

Buy Poulsen juve want rid of him

Haha yeah man that's what I've been saying for ages. He'd be a brilliant fit for Arsenal with his crazy aggressiveness and complete disregard for others in his tackles lol

We'd get him for seriously cheap as well, and I'd want to play for Arsenal rather than Juve anyway so it'd be a step up for him, especially since the Italian fans hate him.

being a dangerous person i live in dangerville

Respect wenger alot

Apparently Adebayor is staying (boo!) but we've made an 8million bid on Hangeland which is good.

Adebayor is staying (boo!)...

jeezo i wish Celtic were in them shoes....

Quote Originally Posted by MickyBhoy1888 View Post
    He never said that......He said Jock Stein was great etc etc and he won Ten consecutive titles with Celtic.
    he doesnt say say in a row
    I have gone over this before with a Muppet on EA

Haha sorry I just don't like Adebayor because he's a lazy git with a shitty attitude and crap in the air.

Ok so he was third topscorer last season? Fair enough, that doesn't change the fact he caused a lot of discord in the changing room with all of his "will he won't he" contract bullshit and starting fights with team mates on the pitch.

What a surprise! Arsenal have signed teenager Jamie Edge.

Just what we needed

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast