Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Borussia Dortmund appreciation thread

Default The Borussia Dortmund appreciation thread

I hope, this doesn't exist so far.

It's obvious, that I support Borussia Dortmund and I guess, there are more supporters of the new crowned German champions here.

Well...Nuri Sahin is on his way out to Real Madrid to sit on the bench (his move came a bit too early imo), and there might be trouble ahead next Saturday when Frankfurt visits the Westfalenstadion. Frankfurt might be relegated and their chairman steering up hatred, calling Borussia 'Scheiss BVB'.

Default Re: The Borussia Dortmund appreciation thread

Glad to see BVB doing well, its been a while coming. I was in the Westfalen many years ago and it was far and away the best atmosphere I'd ever been in.

Think it was only a matter of time before Sahin was on his way but you should get good money for him and with the CL money as well, you should re-establish yourselfs as a main player in Germany.

I was in a hun pub years ago and there was a game on the telly, Dortmund v Them, I seem to recall Freddy Bobic popping up and heading in a couple of goals sending the scum out of Europe

Government (noun) Latin: Govern (control) Mente (mind) = Mind Control, Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by pual View Post
    Glad to see BVB doing well, its been a while coming. I was in the Westfalen many years ago and it was far and away the best atmosphere I'd ever been in.

Think it was only a matter of time before Sahin was on his way but you should get good money for him and with the CL money as well, you should re-establish yourselfs as a main player in Germany.
    10 Million for Sahin, so I heard. And hopefully Gundogan, who came from Nuremberg, will be a good substitute. The club needs a strong squad anyway, with the Champions League coming up and the quest for two titles in a row.

Anyway, I had a season ticket between 1986 and 2004, somehow I miss the Westfalenstadion as well, but it's not really in walking distance anymore ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Lars1916 View Post
    10 Million for Sahin, so I heard
    Thats not too much these days. Is he going into the last year of his contract?

And hopefully Gundogan, who came from Nuremberg, will be a good substitute. The club needs a strong squad anyway, with the Champions League coming up and the quest for two titles in a row.
    Good luck with that. No doubt Bayern will buy big.

Anyway, I had a season ticket between 1986 and 2004, somehow I miss the Westfalenstadion as well, but it's not really in walking distance anymore ;-)
    Long time ago I was there but it was good.

St Pauli are my german team, but don't particularly mind Dortmund. Better them than Bayern Munich and Schalke (lol....) and HSV.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesy View Post
    St Pauli are my german team, but don't particularly mind Dortmund. Better them than Bayern Munich and Schalke (lol....) and HSV.
    Who likes HIV...oooops...HSV anyway. They have some connections to the Huns :-(

And about Nuri Sahin, he had an option in his contract, if anyone outside the Bundesliga tables amount X, he is free to go...so my Dad heard on the radio in Germany

And about Nuri Sahin, he had an option in his contract, if anyone outside the Bundesliga tables amount X, he is free to go...so my Dad heard on the radio in Germany

They do aye. When they played Manchester City they brought a huge Union Jack with Glasgow Zombies on it that took up half the stand. The mancunians just thought it was fuckin weird.

They do aye. When they played Manchester City they brought a huge Union Jack with Glasgow Zombies on it that took up half the stand. The mancunians just thought it was fuckin weird.
    ...or that huge 'No surrender'-banner in Hamburg when Celtic played HIV.

But what do you expect of the Hun scum? In 1999, when Borussia Dortmund hosted them, I met some of them at a train station...it looked more like a gathering of the local Combat88 group than a bunch of football supporters :-(

...or that huge 'No surrender'-banner in Hamburg when Celtic played HIV.

But what do you expect of the Hun scum? In 1999, when Borussia Dortmund hosted them, I met some of them at a train station...it looked more like a gathering of the local Combat88 group than a bunch of football supporters :-(
    Aye they do, ugly bunch. Seen loads of them on the other side of the Reeperbahn when I was in Hamburg last time. Casually strolled down the road, me and my mate with Celtic tops on. He has a skinhead and I had a beard, not surprised they just grunted.

Take it you're German living in Dublin?

Aye they do, ugly bunch. Seen loads of them on the other side of the Reeperbahn when I was in Hamburg last time. Casually strolled down the road, me and my mate with Celtic tops on. He has a skinhead and I had a beard, not surprised they just grunted.

Take it you're German living in Dublin?
    I am indeed, I moved over to Dublin in 2004.

Btw...the 'grunted'? Must be their usual way of communicating, apart from showing the Hitler salut ;-)

My best mate at school was a Dortmund fan, he was born in Baden-Baden. Always had a soft-spot for them because of this, what an amazing season it's been with such a young team.

I am indeed, I moved over to Dublin in 2004.

Btw...the 'grunted'? Must be their usual way of communicating, apart from showing the Hitler salut ;-)
    lol, I'm looking to go the other way from Ireland to Germany.

Yeah, grunt. Like orcs.

obviously im celtic through and through and love our fans, we do have amazing fans especially european nights, best atmosphere in world imo.

but in terms of loyalty id say dortmund trounce us, we had 1 bad season and the crowds dropped to 30,000 and below. yet Dortmund clinch their first league title in 10 years and even through 10 years of mediocre results they stuck by their team and still gained a massive average attendance of over 70,000+ which to me has to be acknowledged

Aye but German football is far cheaper and the fans have a lot more freedom.

Fuck sake my St Pauli ticket was cheaper than a Cliftonville one, cheaper than a Rochdale one and far cheaper than a Celtic one.

Fuck sake my St Pauli ticket was cheaper than a Cliftonville one, cheaper than a Rochdale one and far cheaper than a Celtic one.
    lol true but I still doubt the price would have made an extra 30,000 hoops fan re-appear next year lol. they were far too pissed off, they prob were quite happy to pay not to turn up some of them

It might be cheaper in Germany, I paid around €280 for my last season ticket (seater) in 2003/2004. But freedom? Well, there are tough laws against racism for example, a Hun in Germany would be banned for life from all grounds in the country ;-)

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast