Thread: Celtic in 3-5 years .

Default Celtic in 3-5 years .

Where do you see Celtic in that given time ,what direction are they going to go ,my view has got to be up the way ,because the football we are getting the now is nothing short of garbage ,a half decent team in that league would have won it a while ago .

Celtic seem to be financially sound with not a lot of debt ,considering it was something like 25 million 3-4 seasons back ,thats all good but the game is football after all and surely now the money men at parkhead see what we are watching .

Celtic had a great chance to finish THEM off ,but if they lose this league it gives them an inlet and probaly investment in there club ,wheres if Celtic win the league basically there in it big-time for years to come ,Celtic without doubt have the best squad in the league but for whatever reason it hasnt clicked ,and to be playing for the title in the last game against THEM shows Celtic that they have faltered badly .thoughts .

I do stuff. Mod stuff. Sometimes on fire.

Default Re: Celtic in 3-5 years .

Good bank balance, we become as average as all the other spl teams and sell the likes of milan misun.

I live for Glasgow Celtic clagan's Avatar

in all seriousness i think we'll be in the exact same position. a lack of ambition is hanging over the club at the minute. its all well and good having balanced books but we're getting left behind in europe and the filth have even caught us up ffs

Quote Originally Posted by clagan View Post
    in all seriousness i think we'll be in the exact same position. a lack of ambition is hanging over the club at the minute. its all well and good having balanced books but we're getting left behind in europe and the filth have even caught us up ffs
    Sadly I have to fully agree with this.

Too see how bad we compare against European teams, just look at our results in this seasons Champions League.

Of course we all want the bhoys to win the league ,but the champs league with what we have ,i dont think so ,but John Reid said there ready to splash out ,or is that just to boost the season books .

Clagan rightly said or wrongly whatever way you see it ,that they have caught us up ,,i dont think so ,there shite ,Celtic have went down to there level ,and its down to lack of quality been brought in ,the board must spend at least 10 million this summer and im been kind but i will be gobsmacked if this was the case.

I dont think we will spend much this summer. I think our main business for the summer has already been done. ie pre contract with Zaliuskas (spelling?)

I live for Glasgow Celtic clagan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kennydal View Post
    Clagan rightly said or wrongly whatever way you see it ,that they have caught us up ,,i dont think so ,there shite ,Celtic have went down to there level ,and its down to lack of quality been brought in ,the board must spend at least 10 million this summer and im been kind but i will be gobsmacked if this was the case.
    whether its because they've got better or we've got worse is irrelevant to me mate, the fact is they're ahead of us in the league and we dont seem to be doing too much about it.

time to dust off the cheque book but i dont see it happening

This summer is the time for the board to get the finger out and give the squad a shake up .Starting with getting rid of the poison dwarf .This will breath new life into the club and surely get rid of the dead wood .

Sadly though I,m not too sure the board will be willing to release the funds needed to do this which would probably be up to £20mill .And if they don,t we are destined to be watching a Celtic team on a par with your Aberdeen,s and Hib,s in the future .

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Sadly I have to fully agree with this.

Too see how bad we compare against European teams, just look at our results in this seasons Champions League.
    Have to agree as well. I feel the first time we made the Last 16 we actually played really well and where unlucky not to make the last 8. Second time round was very, very, very lucky. This year we we just got found out for the average side we are. Also the draw against Aalborg cost us big time and well the away record is shocking, need to fix this if we are to be taken serious in Europe.

Unfortunately, IMO not much will change. I think the board are quite content to have the club stable in the finance area rather than the actual team itself, which is a big shame for a team like Celtic. Of course it's great being debt free but we need at least some money spent on the team. These 1-2 SPL/Championship signings aren't convincing anyone. Hopefully we can see the board get the finger out and finally put back into the team, it's the only way.

As I said in another thread, I'm not getting my hopes up.

On par with the likes of Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen etc.

Fading further into European oblivion.
    “If he wants to learn about scoring goals, he should nip over to watch us train at Lennoxtown some afternoon and I'll show him a thing or two about finishing”

Kennydal on this froum

These where the day;s he was actually have sound guy.

Go to his profile you'll and see him having a go at tc mods,

He's now a tc mod, and suck's up Dempsey arse

Presente: ahora y siempre Diegan's Avatar

Awww man I was so stoked to see his name there. Anyways, I see us in the same position we are at now. I think we peaked in the MON years and we will go through cycles based on the way coefficients work. When it comes to leagues like Scotland, Denmark, Switzerland, etc., the leagues with less entries are rewarded. Like the SPL this year, leagues of that caliber aren't good enough to support more than 2 or 3 good teams, so the Aberdeens or Hearts get blown out, lowering the coefficient, meaning Celtic and Zombies will be the only teams in Europe (and at a lower level playing the likes of the Latvian champions in the early round CL qualifiers) which will then inflate our score. I see this for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Kennydal on this froum

These where the day;s he was actually have sound guy.

Go to his profile you'll and see him having a go at tc mods,

He's now a tc mod, and suck's up Dempsey arse
    Aye, when he started on here he was messaging me saying how much better it was and how T$ was ruined by the mods etc. So much for that eh, ah well
    http://www.board67.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=65&dateline=124621052  3

Semi-Benevolent Dictator Euskadi's Avatar

Lads I'm off - just been offered a job as Admin over on TalkStalin. Fuck the lot of ye you're a shower of ballbags, always knew it.

You've probably not even bought a share in your whole entire life
    ~~ Admitting Peter Lawwell into my consciousness since 2015 ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post
    Lads I'm off - just been offered a job as Admin over on TalkStalin. Fuck the lot of ye you're a shower of ballbags, always knew it.

Yalde no mods the night .

lets all get nuddy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.board67.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=46&dateline=125880819  1

Quote Originally Posted by Euskadi View Post

No way man, we all know you're b67, faithful through and through

http://www.board67.com/forum/members...heabhoy08.html

Nice on ,glad your over mate ,a lot easier in here ,more relaxed

Is it christmas again.

LIVESTRONG

The SPL will be as good as the LOI and we wont be dominating, sadly. The day someone breaks the strong hold of the two main Glaswegian clubs in coming fast. And Europe, would yis stop! Will be laughed at.
    http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq19/crinnigan/ajxbp1.png

We can't sing about Connolly,
    We can't sing about Sands,
    Celtic Football Club, is in the wrong hands!