Thread: FIFA 09 Ultimate Team

Default FIFA 09 Ultimate Team

Anyone else got this? It's a superb add-on by FIFA and utterly addictive, purchased it recently and it's well worth the money.

Anyone who's got it can share their team, purchases etc here and let us be the first to know if you're selling something!

Been searching for the Celtic kits since I got the add-on and still can't find them, managed to get the crest earlier for 300 coins though. Making do with the Bremen home kit and Valencia away for now though.

My team atm is mostly consisting of Spaniards, found this to be the best policy as it raises the chemistry in the team and there's a visible improvement in all the players.

Jaaskelainen
    Antonio L - Agger - Cuellar - Javi Venta
    Silva - De La Red - Arteta - Rodriquez
    Bellamy - Martins

This is my strongest first XI with a chemistry of 78, before I added the majority of the Spaniards I was getting trashed most matches and Bellamy couldn't hit a barn-door, I bought Arteta, Cuellar and Silva and the next match Bellamy scored a scissor kick.
    Got the likes of Pepe, Van Der Vaart and Seedorf on my bench.

Only negative I would have about the game is the contracts, they're a ball-buster and sometimes you don't realise a players contract needs renewed and you lose him after your next match. Otherwise it's well worth the Ģ8.
    Last edited by Conorcfc; 21-05-2009 at 09:49 PM.

Default Re: FIFA 09 Ultimate Team

The contracts are a pain in the arse, and only in there so you pay the 45p for a Gold Pack if you're really desperate. I think the minimum ammount you can add to your wallet is a fiver too. It's a money-making scam.

However, the rest of UT is brilliant.

My team:

Casillas
    Alves, Puyol, Cordoba, Evra
    Ronaldo, Essien, Sneijder, Ribery
    Adebayor, Messi

Got Puyol for 2,000, I was thrilled.

Yeah, I agree with the contracts. What I like best about UT is that the gameplay in UT is much more smooth than the actual game (outside UT)

I got all the celtic kits and the crest. itīs easier to find them if you set both min and max to 300 coins when u search for them. i found them pretty easily and after a few mins that way

Half of the squad are Celts

Quote Originally Posted by Biffy View Post
    The contracts are a pain in the arse, and only in there so you pay the 45p for a Gold Pack if you're really desperate. I think the minimum ammount you can add to your wallet is a fiver too. It's a money-making scam.

However, the rest of UT is brilliant.

My team:

Casillas
    Alves, Puyol, Cordoba, Evra
    Ronaldo, Essien, Sneijder, Ribery
    Adebayor, Messi

Got Puyol for 2,000, I was thrilled.
    Generally the Gold Packs turn out crap for me too, the best players I've gotten of one is Martins, the rest have been terrible. Once got three players in one and they were all silver cards.

That's a great team mate, how long did it take for you to get that?

I seen a 400 Puyol earlier although it shot up in the final minute, was at 1,400 in the last 10 seconds and I bidded 1,500 and ended up beaten by a bid of 1,650. Teaches me to be a cheap bassa.

Quote Originally Posted by GermanCelt View Post
    Yeah, I agree with the contracts. What I like best about UT is that the gameplay in UT is much more smooth than the actual game (outside UT)

I got all the celtic kits and the crest. itīs easier to find them if you set both min and max to 300 coins when u search for them. i found them pretty easily and after a few mins that way

Half of the squad are Celts
    That's how I got the Celtic crest originally, but got bored after about the 20th page of searching for the kits. I'll have another look at another time, realised most of the time I've been playing UT has been spent in the Trading Area.

The contracts put me off it completely and I've barely played it. It also annoys me that my few good players always decide to get injured for 4 matches.

Fucking UT >: (

I might be the only person that doesn't like UT.

Its quality but the the contracts are a pain in the arse and ive spent like 5000+ points so far on UT its dead addictive

Quote Originally Posted by DobbinS 1888 View Post
    Its quality but the the contracts are a pain in the arse and ive spent like 5000+ points so far on UT its dead addictive
    I spent 45 quid on gold packs . Yes, very sad, I have an addictive personality lol.

I spent 45 quid on gold packs . Yes, very sad, I have an addictive personality lol.
    aye same mate im in the 45-50 quid bracket the now all on gold packets. Was going to keep some for other things but its dead addictive

aye same mate im in the 45-50 quid bracket the now all on gold packets. Was going to keep some for other things but its dead addictive
    Minimum amount you can add to the wallet is a fiver, scamming bastards lol.

Ano mate it should be like 40 or 60 points for a gold packet, 80 is too much a think

5,000 coins is too much imo too, the best I've gotten from the Gold Packs is Martins. Find it far more advantageous to buy the players in the auctions, all a matter of patience and you can have some really great deals.

What's your team names btw? Incase we ever come across each other, mines is Lisbon Lions

Selling all my scottish team now, i got bored of them all and im getting an English one

My team is really coming together now;

Van Der Sar (85)
    Capdevilla (84) - Cuellar (82) - Gallas (85) - Ramos (86)
    Silva (86) - Xavi (86) - Arteta (85) - Rodriquez (84)
    Di Natale (89) - Martins (82)

Subs: Valdes, Pepe, Abidal, Nasri, Bellamy.

Chemistry: 90

My Brazil Team:

Cesar (95)
    Maicon (94) Alex (87) Cris (93) Lucio (91) Maxwell (88)
    Michel Bastos (93) Kaka (91)
    Ronaldinho (91)
    Luis Fabiano (95) Amauri (90)

100 chemistry
    currently building my reserve team with english players and got a 99 huddlestone, walcott and gerrard so far