Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Michael Collins

  1. #1
    Bhoy's Hero Shakethebarley's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts

    Default Michael Collins

    What does everyone think about the Big Fellow?

    Many Irish people don't like him because they say he had no reason in signing the treaty.

    Just wondering what you all think?

  2. #2
    Banned Ghod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Re: Michael Collins

    Traitor, although Dev hung him out to dry in fairness.

  3. #3
    Celtic Legend KildareCFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kildare, Ireland

    Default Re: Michael Collins

    I think that during the period 1916-1921 he was a great soldier for Ireland but the second he signed the treaty he became a traitor and then when he turned British guns on the IRA in the four courts he confirmed his status as a traitor and deserved to die so yes i think he was a traitor.Also Dev deserved to die, killed so many good Republicans when he got into power!
    http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq19/crinnigan/ajxbp1.png

    We can't sing about Connolly,
    We can't sing about Sands,
    Celtic Football Club, is in the wrong hands!

  4. #4
    I live for Glasgow Celtic clagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Randalstown/Partick

    Default Re: Michael Collins

    loved his country but sold us northerners out. 90 years later we're still seperated. all for one......

  5. #5
    Celtic Legend KildareCFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kildare, Ireland

    Default Re: Michael Collins

    Quote Originally Posted by clean View Post
    loved his country but sold us northerners out. 90 years later we're still separated. all for one......
    I know yeah, but the most oddest thing is that most Northern IRA units stayed loyal to Collins and came to Kildare and Dublin to fight for the free staters :confused: It is said that Collins was planning a secret guerilla war against "Norther Ireland" were he was going to send arms the the IRA units in the North East but then the civil war broke out.

  6. #6
    I live for Glasgow Celtic clagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Randalstown/Partick

    Default Re: Michael Collins

    Quote Originally Posted by KildareCFC View Post
    I know yeah, but the most oddest thing is that most Northern IRA units stayed loyal to Collins and came to Kildare and Dublin to fight for the free staters :confused: It is said that Collins was planning a secret guerilla war against "Norther Ireland" were he was going to send arms the the IRA units in the North East but then the civil war broke out.
    aye i remember reading that. doesn't exactly soothe me when i walk past belfast city hall and see union jacks and british war memorials though

  7. #7
    Celtic Legend KildareCFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kildare, Ireland

    Default Re: Michael Collins

    Quote Originally Posted by clagan View Post
    aye i remember reading that. doesn't exactly soothe me when i walk past belfast city hall and see union jacks and british war memorials though
    Aye yeah I know thats why I give my full support to the man the shot the cunt !

  8. #8
    I live for Glasgow Celtic clagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Randalstown/Partick

    Default Re: Michael Collins

    Quote Originally Posted by KildareCFC View Post
    Aye yeah I know thats why I give my full support to the man the shot the cunt !
    hear hear

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •